No announcement yet.

Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, this does not bode well for my Family Finder kit and also Y37 kit. They are in batch 947 (Feb 2). I'm also on Ancestry and notice that those kits now have a turn around of 4 weeks.

Comment

• Initial expected date range was 1st to 15th April, it's been currently delayed

Family Finder
      Ordered 03/08/2019 948
      Batched 03/11/2019 948
      Completed Pending 948
      Awaiting Tests

Family Finder AncientOrigins 948
      Family Finder ChromosomeBrowser 948
      Family Finder FamilyFinder 948 04/15/2019 - 04/29/2019 Results for your Family Finder test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.

Comment

• Batch 947 Family Finder results are delayed but my Y37 which were in the same batch came in today. Must have something to do with Family Finder.

Comment

• My guess - and that is totally all it is -- is they have changed chips - and are trying to get the algorithms to work with the new set of Data coming in. If a result is not in by deadline, the system automatically extends it a given amount, regardless of how long it might actually take (that I recall learning)

Comment

• Received new matches today for the first time in three or four days. It would be interesting to know what batch these came from. My 947 batch ( a kit I'm administering) has been extended to 4/24 - 5/8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.SYSTEM View Post
              Initial expected date range was 1st to 15th April, it's been currently delayed

Family Finder
              Ordered 03/08/2019 948
              Batched 03/11/2019 948
              Completed Pending 948
              Awaiting Tests

Family Finder AncientOrigins 948
              Family Finder ChromosomeBrowser 948
              Family Finder FamilyFinder 948 04/15/2019 - 04/29/2019 Results for your Family Finder test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.
              I have received today some of my FF results…

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.SYSTEM View Post

I have received today some of my FF results…
                948? I'm really glad you got something, and it certainly puts the lie to their insistence that this is an IT problem affecting FF in general (we still have no results for ours in 941 and 946)

Comment

• The helpdesk said they are uploading everything atm and uploading must be finished before monday

Comment

• So how does Batch 948 come in before earlier batches?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                      So how does Batch 948 come in before earlier batches?
                      Batch number does not ensure it follows order.
                      Multiple things can set back a kit
                      Extraction issue from sample to results of testing chip failing quality control

If a kit fail quality control at any point, it has to wait for the next available slot to be rerun, some higher number batches may have already started.

Comment

• Originally posted by prairielad View Post

If a kit fail quality control at any point, it has to wait for the next available slot to be rerun, some higher number batches may have already started.

Interesting that kits between 941 and 947 all have control problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post

Interesting that kits between 941 and 947 all have control problems.
                          Yes, and I have been repeatedly told that it is not a lab problem, but an IT one.

Comment

• Batch 942 must have the same problem, what began as results Mar 25 is now pushed back to Apr 22. This kit was batched Feb 14, unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by prairielad View Post

Appears to be entire batches not completed, not an individual kit as so many are complaining of late results. One kit not passing quality control can be accepted, entire batches is something totally different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivovh View Post
                                The helpdesk said they are uploading everything atm and uploading must be finished before monday
                                Well another promise they couldnt keep

Comment

Working...
                                X