Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very annoyed with Nat'l Geno's complete abandonment of customer service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very annoyed with Nat'l Geno's complete abandonment of customer service.

Emailed them on the 8th of this month and again on the 18th, inquiring about the reference population question I raised here.

On neither occasion did they respond with anything more than an auto-generated, ticket-number "we will look into this" canned reply. (Well, on the first occasion I got a personalized reply asking what my kit number was, but I had already given it in my original e-mail!!)

From everything I've read here and on other forums, they're probably in serious all-hands-on-deck damage control mode right now, given the supreme clusterwhoop that the Geno 2.0+ ySNP testing has turned into.

So I guess for the time being, if you have any kind of nuanced question regarding the science or methodology of Geno 2.0+ or anything that's not IMMEDIATELY germane to keeping you happy as a cu$tomer, well, you're just out of luck.

Sadly they do seem to have gone missing.

My dad's mtDNA test seems messed up and after six weeks I still can't a single peep of a response from anyone!

And they won't answer my question about a Y SNP where FTDNA
    appears to show it as either negative or untested but the raw data would appear to have it be positive.

Six weeks I can't get a single thing out of anyone other than a stock auto-robot reply!

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
      Sadly they do seem to have gone missing.

My dad's mtDNA test seems messed up and after six weeks I still can't a single peep of a response from anyone!

And they won't answer my question about a Y SNP where FTDNA
      appears to show it as either negative or untested but the raw data would appear to have it be positive.

Six weeks I can't get a single thing out of anyone other than a stock auto-robot reply!
      Maybe the Rupert Murdoch takeover has hurt the brand. Maybe are just another Murdoch product now and don't really care a whit about the customer anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X