Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEDMATCH triangulation

Hi,

I don't really want to gripe, but also don't know where to put this question. Maybe someone here can give me the answer or tell me where to post this question.

I have been trying to do a triangulation (Tier 1) on Gedmatch for several days now and after a few *s show up, it just stops running.

Does anyone know of a problem? Or, how I can send an email to them, I could not find that info either.

Thanks,
    Kim

Did you try to post on their forums?

Comment

Here is their email address: [email protected].

This is the notice that is posted on the page as the triangulation is running. Processing may take as much as 45 minutes. DO NOT refresh the screen or leave this page during that time.

It worked just fine for me

Comment

Gedmatch

Yesterday, their site said they would be doing maintenance starting today, Feb 3. It did not says how many days.

Comment

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for all the replies, and I did see the "45" minute notice (I have done this before many times) but that wasn't the problem.

I was not able to get into their forum--notice said something about the robot not accessing it.

I think, or hope, that the maintenance might be the problem, and that I will be able to get in tomorrow.

Thanks again,
          Kim

Comment

Gedmatch....

Forgot to say thank you for the email address.

Thanks,
            Kim

Comment

I have the same problem if I use my Mac, the process usually stops after 2 minutes. If I use newer PC ( better WiFi, m.b.?), it runs smoothly. I can open other windows in the meantime, btw, I do not need to physically stay on that page.

Perhaps you have the same problem, and trying another computer might help?

BTW, I used to do triangulations, but they also have "common DNA" or such in Tier 1, it gives you the same names and lines but is twice as fast.

Comment

Working...
              X