Still "Pending" over 5 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still "Pending" over 5 weeks

I sent my Y-DNA sample on Dec. 16th. It still says "pending". Do I need to get a replacement kit?

On the envelope you sent the kit in, there was a tracking number. Did you write it down? It is possible it got stuck in the Houston sorting facility as there have been reports of that in the past with not just kits but other mail in that area.

I sent a kit on Jan 5. It got to the Houston sorting facility ("destination facility") on Jan 6 and didn't actually get to the Houston post office until today Jan 20. It will sit there until some specific day where they are sent to FTDNA. They don't get the kits on a daily basis. I think they might get them on Mondays or maybe it is when the bags get full.

Comment

No. I did not write down the tracking number.

At what point do I need to redo the test? I was hoping it would say it was received today, since I read sorting is done on Wednesday and Thursday, but no luck.

I am fairly disappointed with this experience as I am reading this appears to be a common theme.

Comment

It does seem long, but I don't know if they are just backed up due to the holiday sale when hundreds or more Y-DNA tests were ordered let alone all the other types of tests.

As for the kit I mentioned in my previous post that I sent on Jan 5, tracking indicates it was delivered on Jan 21. However, FTDNA has not batched it or marked it as received. I know they don't normally mark it when they receive them, so I'm guessing it gets marked as received next week. Then batched on Wednesday or Thursday.

How about you try to use their contact form? At the top of this page, click on "Customer Support". In the Support section click on "Open a request". For category I guess "Test Status" should do it. It is late for them to answer it for today, but you should get a reply via email next week about it. Normally they get back to you in less than a day. They might already have it but have not registered it on the system.

Quick question, did you ship within the US?

Comment

Yes.

Yes, I shipped it from the Midwest.

Comment

Hi Doug
            How long did it eventually take for your kit status to change to "received by lab"? I'm in the same situation. 3 weeks since kit mailed to FTDNA. Still shows as "pending".

Comment

Did you copy the tracking number on the envelope before sending it in? If so does the tracking indicate it has been delivered yet?

Comment

I sent a kit that I manage back to FTDNA in December, which spent a good deal of time in limbo as well. Contacted support about a month or two after having no indication in the system that they received the kit. They just recommended that I send in another set of samples using the extra collection kits they sent me, giving me the impression that they did receive it in the mail but had no further accounting of it. Anyway, I adopted a wait and see approach and finally received notification that it was received by the lab on March 7 and batched for it's test on March 9.

Comment

Hope it gets there before my DNA randomly mutates

This seems to be a recurring theme but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

I mailed my kit back to FTDNA on Aug 2. It was scanned through the Melbourne less than 48 hours later.
                  Disappeared for ten days until it showed at ISC Chicago, customs delays I suspect. Then three days to move across the same building to the USPS Chicago centre.
                  Showed in North Houston facility two days later which is good going. Then took a further eight days to reach the Houston 77008 post office. It was scanned delivered that same day Aug 25.
                  It is now September 1 (in Oz) and FTDNA shows receipt of the kit as still pending.

I know you can't rush science but the science hasn't started yet.

Comment

Kits

I had a problem with a kit this was over a year ago and at time had to pay the postage going to FTDNA.
                    I sent it priority mail and tracked it so when it got their the beginning of the week. It did not get batched that week they do that either Wed or Thur.
                    I saw it had not been batched so I emailed and asked what happened and they had to find it.
                    So I got an email saying it would be in the batch the following week which it did get in.

If you know it arrived and did not get in a batch get in touch with them and let them know.

If you see this on the page Awaiting Results View Your Pending Results click on it and you should see a batch no. and expected date .
                    I have had some kits come in late others come in early.

Comment

Kit

Thanks Cam,
                      According to USPS the kit was delivered last Thursday so it clearly would have missed the last batch. Hopefully it will make the list this week.
                      I'll just be glad to know they have my samples. I paid over $23 postage for tracking etc. Australia Post gave an optimistic 5 day delivery, which I took to mean it would arrive somewhere in the US.
                      I don't want to have to go through the whole process again. I ordered the kit 21 July and FTDNA to their credit dispatched it the following day. I returned the samples the day after I received the kit. 40 days in transit is a bit much.
                      I'll contact FTDNA as you suggest.

Comment

The fake names assigned to perfect DNA matches are getting more ridiculous. I punched up one name and all is shows is deceased Ladies. The other close match is a name never seen on the net search engines. Who do you think your fooling?
                        They then complain that no-one will answer a query. (MTDNA MATCHES)

Comment

?

Hi darroll,
                          I think you might have replied to the wrong thread there

Comment

Thanks.
                            I was trying to comment about grumbles and gripes.

Comment

Originally posted by darroll View Post
                              The fake names assigned to perfect DNA matches are getting more ridiculous. I punched up one name and all is shows is deceased Ladies. The other close match is a name never seen on the net search engines. Who do you think your fooling?
                              They then complain that no-one will answer a query. (MTDNA MATCHES)
                              Mods,
                              Please move this post to where it belongs.

Comment

Working...
                              X