Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Mystery Rewards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing Mystery Rewards

    Last week, I had a mystery reward coupon that was good for "any" test which changed to specific test when I tried to use it.
    It nixed the sale.

    This week, I am hearing reports of this same thing happening.

    Is this being done deliberately?
    If so, this is blatant bait and switch.

    If it is just "an error", FTDNA should honor the original coupon.
    I am making screenshots from now on.

  • #2
    I received a $50 off any purchase last night. It has since mutated into a $50 off Big Y. I have a screenshot of the original. Would it still be honored? Perhaps Darren, or someone else at FTDNA, could address this.

    Comment


    • #3
      Mystery Awards are changed weekly (believe it is weekly) and they are only good for that week(Mon to Sun 11:59PM CST).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by prairielad View Post
        Mystery Awards are changed weekly (believe it is weekly) and they are only good for that week(Mon to Sun 11:59PM CST).
        Thank you, I'm aware of that. My $50 off any purchase that was changed to a $50 off Big Y expires 11/29/2015. The code for each is exactly the same combination of letters and numbers and I can provide a screenshot of the original to FTDNA. This was an error/glitch on their part and they "fixed" it as soon as they could.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by prairielad View Post
          Mystery Awards are changed weekly (believe it is weekly) and they are only good for that week(Mon to Sun 11:59PM CST).
          A post on the Anthrogenica Forum said that FTDNA had made a mistake yesterday in the big coupons that were intended to be for specific tests and it changed the coupons this morning to correct the mistake:

          http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...240#post122240

          Pretty big blunder, I'd say, and in more than one way.

          Jack

          Comment


          • #6
            None of the $5 or $10 "any purchase" coupons work either.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by phje View Post
              Thank you, I'm aware of that. My $50 off any purchase that was changed to a $50 off Big Y expires 11/29/2015. The code for each is exactly the same combination of letters and numbers and I can provide a screenshot of the original to FTDNA. This was an error/glitch on their part and they "fixed" it as soon as they could.
              Call FTDNA and give them your kit number.
              They might honor it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post
                Call FTDNA and give them your kit number.
                They might honor it.
                I didn't have time to call them during their business hours yesterday and I probably won't today as well. I sent a request via their website. I hope they'll get back to me, one way or the other, before they close for Thanksgiving.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have received these coupons for the past 3 weeks - and ALL of them are for $ off one of the "Y" tests. But they know from my DNA that I'm a woman. Thanks, but no thanks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Strange. I have 8 kits and look up all of their reward coupons every week, and none of them have been for non-specific or "any" tests. They are ALL for either mtFullsequence, y37 67 and 111, bigY or family finders. Not one of the 24 rewards I have already looked up have been for any test.

                    Also, I have only seen $5 or $10 off for all tests except for the bigY which has $25 and $50 coupons.


                    As for the comment about being a woman and getting "y" coupons... that stinks if you are ONLY testing yourself or female family members... but they are great to use on fathers/brothers if you are really trying to track that male line.

                    Oh... and for those needing y tests... I have done the y upgrades in 2 separate upgrades and am able to use 2 coupons that way. Also, if you need an upgrade, it is quite often to do smaller tests than upgrade than it is to order the bigger tests at once. I had a gentleman that had a y12 but I really wanted either a y67 or y111 on him to compare to my dad/grandpa so I can attempt to isolate a shared ancestor (we know who that is, but there is a question as to which son is my ancestor). I couldn't afford to pay for a y111 upgrade all at once so I upgraded to y67 with a coupon and then a week later I upgraded to a y111 with another coupon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mystery Award $5 and Processing Time

                      Ordered family finder and a y67 tests a few days ago. Had an email that my mystery award in addition to the lower holiday price for both was $5.

                      During checkout, I could not find a place to enter the award number -- so I lost out on the mystery $5, but did save with the holiday special price.

                      What can I expect the processing time to be for these tests -- weeks? months? Or will they tell me at some point?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TPK View Post
                        During checkout, I could not find a place to enter the award number -- so I lost out on the mystery $5, but did save with the holiday special price.
                        FTDNA carefully hides the ability to enter a coupon. When you are still in your shopping cart, and you see a green "Proceed to checkout" button, there should be a tiny sentence below the button that says, "Do you have a coupon?" Click on it to reveal a text box for entering your coupon.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by susanlilly18 View Post
                          I have received these coupons for the past 3 weeks - and ALL of them are for $ off one of the "Y" tests. But they know from my DNA that I'm a woman. Thanks, but no thanks.
                          Fourth week in a row that my Mystery Reward is for a "Y" test. :-(

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by susanlilly18 View Post
                            Fourth week in a row that my Mystery Reward is for a "Y" test. :-(
                            Not this week. I've maxed out my tests (minus the Big-Y). PM sent with a code for $10 off mtFullSequence.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by susanlilly18 View Post
                              Fourth week in a row that my Mystery Reward is for a "Y" test. :-(
                              Or just find a place online that people are sharing their unused coupons such at this spreadsheet.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X