Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monoamine Oxidase A (Warrior Gene) delayed

delayed once more now this will get me angry independently of my dna
    ftdna are very very pooor at predicting analysis time, better not give any estimate at all....
    ordered on the 7th of july , prediction up to 14th of October so 3months....

Originally posted by boutrosdu93 View Post
    delayed once more now this will get me angry independently of my dna
    ftdna are very very pooor at predicting analysis time, better not give any estimate at all....
    ordered on the 7th of july , prediction up to 14th of October so 3months....
    Sorry to hear about your delay. Seems FTDNA is having a lot of them as of late. I ordered my MAOA test on 01/31/15. It the got delayed two or three times for 6-9 weeks after the first month after being batched. I ended up getting my Warrior Gene results on 03/26/2015. Hang in there, the results will come when you least expect them.

Comment

yeah so warrior or not lol?

Comment

yeah so warrior or not lol?
        I'm confirmed for the 3-Repeat Warrior Gene: http://tiny.cc/d2ht2x

But I knew I had it before the FTDNA test results. It was confirmed by proxy SNP rs909525. My research verified that the SNP "C" allele call is indeed correct to see if one has the Warrior Gene.

I got it from my Italian mother. My three sisters have it, too. And my niece as the Double 3-Repeat Warrior Gene (CC).

Funny this is, I've always been calm, cool, and collected. I even checked my dad's SNP on his X chromosome and he does not have it... and he gets in a mad rage about everything. Lol. Must be his Viking genes.

Comment

ah interesting seems i have not seeing with the snps but i'm rather nervous in life lol but don't go often into a fight

Comment

ah interesting seems i have not seeing with the snps but i'm rather nervous in life lol but don't go often into a fight
            Do you have a raw data file from 23andMe or FTDNA? You can check the allele call for SNP rs909525.

Also, if you have a Promethease health report, it will be verified there as well under the same SNP.

Comment

yes i checked i have t variant but it seems more complicated than that.
              i tried this one and checkec the source cause it didn't work.

i'm pretty sure though that this title and its importance is over exagereted . don't forget that genes and behaviours are expressed in an environment and that environment is the most important .

Comment

yes i checked i have t variant but it seems more complicated than that.
                i tried this one and checkec the source cause it didn't work.

i'm pretty sure though that this title and its importance is over exagereted . don't forget that genes and behaviours are expressed in an environment and that environment is the most important .
                If you have the "T" allele for rs909525, then you do not have the 3 Repeat Warrior Gene. A lot of people also try to use that internet Microsoft tool to see it they have it and they get false results as the tool is unreliable.

Also, people throw in other SNPs on the MAOA gene with rs909525, but those have nothing to do with confirming if one has the Warrior Gene. Rs909525, alone, is the best proxy SNP.

Comment

yes but this is mostly for fun as says ftdna this not always representative of your behaviour in life.

this is far more complicated than just one snp.

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.or...ld-society-do/
                  Last edited by boutrosdu93; 10 September 2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

yes but this is mostly for fun as says ftdna this not always representative of your behaviour in life.

this is far more complicated than just one snp.
                    Most definitely, but in determining if you have the gene from your raw data, it is.

On SNPedia, the orientation of "C" is reversed on their scale to "G." Example CC=GG. CT or TC=AG. The results are just the same:

http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs909525

I found out I had it from my Promethease health report. It nailed it right on the head: http://tiny.cc/o0852x

Comment

I do believe that nurture vs. nature has a very big significance with males who do have the Warrior Gene. I'm the perfect example of that as I was raised in a very positive and loving family.

But... as I got older... things changed... and even more now as I get older... as the Warrior Gene seems to send ripples across my inner pond at times.

Comment

yes probably. it's the same to me i was always nice to people but being nice is that you're taken for a fool and be laughed at and not being taken seriouslyu sometimes when yo7u're a bit agressive then people respect you. stupid but...
                        i've had my biological mother that i love but who tried to kill me as a baby . i'am sure this has an influence too on behaviour.

Comment

yes probably. it's the same to me i was always nice to people but being nice is that you're taken for a fool and be laughed at and not being taken seriouslyu sometimes when yo7u're a bit agressive then people respect you. stupid but...
                          i've had my biological mother that i love but who tried to kill me as a baby . i'am sure this has an influence too on behaviour.
                          My mother is part Sicilian and when she gets mad, everyone leaves the room. It might also explain why I've always loved violent movies and TV shows like "Dexter" and "Ray Donovan."

Comment

ahah okok well now it seems i have the results so i'm happier.
                            but once again this is only for fun . what i take more seriously of course is familly finder and big y etc cause i'm adopted

Comment

ahah okok well now it seems i have the results so i'm happier.
                              but once again this is only for fun . what i take more seriously of course is familly finder and big y etc cause i'm adopted
                              Yeah, those other tests are the best route. I just ordered the Y37 marker test and want to upgrade to 67 already. I must have some kind of DNA testing addiction. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X