Refunding payment for transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refunding payment for transfers

My cousin sent in $39 along with her test results from 23 and Me one month ago. She has received no reply except the transfer is pending. I called FTDNA and was told her results were v4 chip and therefor cannot be transferred to FTDNA. Why was she not told this and why has she not received a refund of $39 if FTDNA cannot process her results from 23 and Me? Her kit number is B65599. Has anyone else had this problem with transfer results?

Thanks,
    Robert

Hi Robert,

Family tree DNA will not automatically cancel and refund a test if someone tries to upload a V4 result. We have had some that have also tested with Ancestry and they will go on to upload that file instead. The learning center states that only V3 files can be uploaded. If she has not yet done so please encourage her to fill out the contact us form and we can go ahead and get the test canceled and issue a refund.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Comment

Thanks Darren for your reply. I really appreciate it. She has taken an Ancestry DNA test and I am trying to work with her to load the results from that test. Will the $39 count towards full results from Ancestry DNA?

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,
        Only the autosomal data will transfer so there will be no information about the mtDNA haplogroup. The autosomal test from Ancestry can be uploaded to her transfer account and the $39 already paid will unlock the full access to those results in the Family Tree DNA database.

-Darren
        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Working...
        X