Old matches showing up as new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old matches showing up as new?

It looks like old matches are showing up as new. I have one that I know was old because I had put notes on it previously. It showed up this week with a current match date? Did I miss something? There were some during the previous week that I had been suspicious of, this one just confirmed it.
    Last edited by Campbell27; 22 August 2015, 01:06 PM. Reason: add text

Not sure if this applies or not... but they were going to rerun a lot of tests for quality control purposes after having issues the last few months with some batches.

Comment

This happened back in July with a lot of matches for everyone.

Then last week I received a supposedly new match which was not a new match. Someone indicated that the person may have asked for their kit to be rerun.

However, the same person showed up again this morning as a 'new' match. This is the 3rd time he's shown up as 'new' Personally, I'm getting tired of looking at his face

Comment

Still happening

I'm still getting a lot of old matches with new dates (mainly August 24). It's really annoying. It's possible to see the actual new matches by selecting the display option "new since [date]," but this is a very annoying workaround, since every time you navigate away from the list (for example, to view matches in common) and then return, you have to set the date again. This problem has been going on for a couple of months, and I really wish FTDNA would fix it!!!

Comment

You won't see any new matches because there isn't any - not for weeks now.

Comment

Not true

Originally posted by 1/2finn View Post
            You won't see any new matches because there isn't any - not for weeks now.
            Not true; I've been getting at least one *actual* new match per week in August and the first week of September, and one of my brothers has gotten an average of 2 *actual* new matches per week during that period. It's definitely fewer than in the past, though.

Comment

Originally posted by susan_dakin View Post
              Not true; I've been getting at least one *actual* new match per week in August and the first week of September, and one of my brothers has gotten an average of 2 *actual* new matches per week during that period. It's definitely fewer than in the past, though.
              The new matches you were seeing the last few weeks were transfers (from Ancestry and 23andme) and some reruns, FTDNA kits haven't been processed for the last month because of a problem with a supplier. Some new FTDNA kits are being run through the matching database now so you should shortly be seeing some new actual FTDNA matches.

Comment

Working...
              X