• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattn
    FTDNA Customer
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by nicolam View Post
    Which batch is this? I am still seeing the message saying results expected 09/23/2015 - 10/07/2015 for batch 632 FF. Good to hear things seem to be moving again though.
    Batch 635, I also have a kit in batch 634 that isn't showing any signs of results yet. Yes it's good to see the results slowly coming in but it's also frustrating to see that the server problems still persist as I had the same problem with my last kit the match list never populated until they reran it.

Comment

• nicolam
      FTDNA Customer
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mattn View Post
      Batch 635, I also have a kit in batch 634 that isn't showing any signs of results yet. Yes it's good to see the results slowly coming in but it's also frustrating to see that the server problems still persist as I had the same problem with my last kit the match list never populated until they reran it.
      Odd that your batch 635 results seem to be ready before the 634. I am wondering if my batch 632 failed quality control and is being re-run. I also had problems with the chromosome browser not working on a relative's batch 621 which took weeks to sort out.

Comment

• mattn
        FTDNA Customer
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by nicolam View Post
        Odd that your batch 635 results seem to be ready before the 634. I am wondering if my batch 632 failed quality control and is being re-run. I also had problems with the chromosome browser not working on a relative's batch 621 which took weeks to sort out.
        I expect with the backlog that we will see batches coming in somewhat out of order. As far as my kit I will wait a few business days and then report if the matches don't show. Family Finder has been a mess the whole year, I don't think I've had one kit come in properly without having to deal with customer service. I gave up months ago with autosomal transfers, I paid for 3 different AncestryDNA transfers for others and none of them unlocked so had to deal with customer service with all 3. I stopped recruiting people to transfer to FTDNA as it's too embarrassing when problems arise, it's easier just to compare at Gedmatch.

Comment

• M.B.
          FTDNA Customer
          • Jun 2015

Did anyone receive FF matches from batch 635? I only see my origins until now.

Comment

• weiskopf
            FTDNA Customer
            • Mar 2015

You are lucky...I am in batch 635 and don't even see my origins yet. I know my sample is good as I earlier got the YDNA test. BUt hopefully I will see them soon.

Comment

• suemae
              FTDNA Customer
              • Jul 2007

Batch delay

Well I am in batch 633. FF still not in but the Y67 came in late yesterday and was posted today. Both were batched 7/5 I am hoping the ff will come in next week as they gave me on the 2nd delay date as 9/16-9/30.

Comment

• Valmac11
                FTDNA Customer
                • Mar 2015

Batch 635

Yes I have origins and in Chromosome Browser I can see matches but now for last 24 hours it still says
                "This test is currently on order and matching will be possible when results come back."

Completed 01/01/1900 + 09/10/2015

Does not look good 78 matches....

Comment

• mattn
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by M.B. View Post
                  Did anyone receive FF matches from batch 635? I only see my origins until now.
                  My kit received myOrigins data and I can see the matches in both the chromosome browser and the Advanced Matches areas but there are no matches displaying in the Matches area says the test still is on order. So if yours is the same you can view your matches in those other two areas for now. My guess is the kits will have to be rerun through the matching database again.

Comment

• nicolam
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Apr 2015

Batch 632

Does anyone have results from batch 632 FF? Nothing seems to be happening with my kit in this batch.

Comment

• jah1223
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Sep 2015

My kit received myOrigins data and I can see the matches in both the chromosome browser and the Advanced Matches areas but there are no matches displaying in the Matches area says the test still is on order. So if yours is the same you can view your matches in those other two areas for now. My guess is the kits will have to be rerun through the matching database again.
                      thanks for this - I have the same and didn't see the advanced matches, so that is something, at least.

I am not sure if the reason that I get an error anytime I try to run a search is down to my matches not yet populating...this is my first time using FTDNA. Every time I try to search for anything I get an error Error An item with the same key has already been added.

Comment

• mattn
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by jah1223 View Post
                        thanks for this - I have the same and didn't see the advanced matches, so that is something, at least.

I am not sure if the reason that I get an error anytime I try to run a search is down to my matches not yet populating...this is my first time using FTDNA. Every time I try to search for anything I get an error Error An item with the same key has already been added.
                        It isn't just you, the search box isn't currently working for anyone I don't believe. It just returns an error page. I didn't report that error to customer service but did report the matches page not properly populating and they wrote me back the copy and pasted message that results won't be returned for 10 business days, so I guess our kits that did return partial results are stuck in limbo for the time being.

I do wish they would shut down Family Finder matches completely (just return raw data and myOrigins) until the server problems are fully fixed but they seem to prefer doing things this way and causing frustrations for themselves and their customers.

Comment

• jah1223
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • Sep 2015

ah, well - at least it is not just newbie user error, I take some comfort in that.

I do find the communication quite disappointing. This is my second experience with DNA testing and the other (23andme) was vastly different to this one. I do expect that when all the issues are ironed out, I will be perfectly happy and pleased with the second testing...but right now it is very frustrating and seems very odd that the company doesn't seem to be that interested in keeping customers informed of what's going on.

I have a couple of friends who are interested in DNA testing and right now I would find it difficult to recommend FTDNA without a lot of caveats based on my experience. I do see the benefit of this test over 23andme, but it's difficult when the end user experience is so different.

Comment

• kevinduffy
                            FTDNA Customer
                            • Jul 2015

This is very frustrating. It is almost as if FTDNA are trying to antagonize their customers.

Comment

• rachelleleclaire
                              FTDNA Customer
                              • Oct 2014

Ahhh my FF in batch 635 still just says 9/23-10/07. I hope the full results post soon.... I cant wait any longer!!!! Aaahhh

Comment

• weiskopf
                                FTDNA Customer
                                • Mar 2015

Am I the only one that ordered FF that can't see anything yet from this batch?? Argh!!! I have never been one to complain, but it is frustrating to feel like the only one that didn't get a lollipop! I hope to see something soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X