Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 635 FamilyFinder

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Same for batch 632 family finder

    Comment


    • #17
      Ugh.. Over a month from original given due date. Its a really disappointing feeling to keep getting these delay messages.. Why dont they just give a realistic due date the first time around?? I've only had one test complete at the time first predicted.
      Seems like a couple batches are backed up... Wonder whats going on.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
        Batch 635 Family Finder now delayed until 09/23/2015 - 10/07/2015.
        Mee, too!

        Originally posted by rachelleleclaire View Post
        Ugh.. Over a month from original given due date. Its a really disappointing feeling to keep getting these delay messages.. Why dont they just give a realistic due date the first time around?? I've only had one test complete at the time first predicted.
        Seems like a couple batches are backed up... Wonder whats going on.
        Darren wrote on April, the 15th:
        "The lab is in the process of purchasing new equipment to increase throughput as well as hiring new staff. The goal is to decrease and eliminate the backlog and improve overall turn around times. The IT department is also in the process of hiring new staff to help address bugs and improve the website. Customer service is also hiring as well."
        http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...63&postcount=1

        Now it sounds like it was a belated April fool hoax on that day.
        Last edited by M.B.; 2 September 2015, 10:56 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          same for me delays delays... batch 630 so you still have time for the 635...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by boutrosdu93 View Post
            same for me delays delays... batch 630 so you still have time for the 635...
            Is this also Family Finder? Do you know if yours has failed quality control? Someone said their results for Family Finder batch 631 had been received about 3 weeks ago, and they got them earlier than the first estimated date. It gave me false hope that I would get mine early too, but if you are still waiting for 630 that's not good news.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by nicolam View Post
              Is this also Family Finder? Do you know if yours has failed quality control? Someone said their results for Family Finder batch 631 had been received about 3 weeks ago, and they got them earlier than the first estimated date.
              My Batch 631 FF came in at 3 weeks and 2 days. Whatever happened began about that time. I've seen others with earlier batches still waiting. They normally have 10-15% fail the first time out. Or they used to. But that's 1 out of 7 to 1 out of 10 that will be delayed in a best case scenario. So we'll likely always see people with older batches waiting long after most are done. They had zero FF complete from Aug 19 to Aug 31. So something went terribly wrong. But FTDNA is not saying what yet.

              Comment


              • #22
                It is very nice to have a plenty of supporting information from FTDNA...

                Hopefully, it was the lab upgrade that was talked about some time ago. Old equipment being moved out, new being installed.

                Mr. W

                Comment


                • #23
                  I've been waiting for results for batch 632 since July. The results date has been postponed twice now and is due in late September. Perhaps they are in transition to changing out equipment as some have suggested. This has also been a time of year when people take vacations so they may be short on staff. It would be nice if FTDNA were a little more communicative about what's going on.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by dna View Post
                    Hopefully, it was the lab upgrade that was talked about some time ago. Old equipment being moved out, new being installed.
                    Originally posted by lazabby View Post
                    Perhaps they are in transition to changing out equipment as some have suggested. This has also been a time of year when people take vacations so they may be short on staff.
                    None of the mentioned reasons is a valid reason for delays as none of them is caused by a force majeure.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Anyone else getting weird messages about their Family Finder test being ordered and completed on 01/01/1900?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
                        Anyone else getting weird messages about their Family Finder test being ordered and completed on 01/01/1900?
                        Me too!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          This looks like this is currently being resolved. I see that your myOrigin data has been populated and you can download the raw results, so the matching list shouldn't be far behind. I apologize for the trouble this has caused.

                          -Darren
                          Family Tree DNA

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            This looks like this is currently being resolved. I see that your myOrigin data has been populated and you can download the raw results, so the matching list shouldn't be far behind. I apologize for the trouble this has caused.

                            -Darren
                            Family Tree DNA
                            Thank you!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by kevinduffy View Post
                              Anyone else getting weird messages about their Family Finder test being ordered and completed on 01/01/1900?
                              My kit shows the same completed date and I can see the names of the matches in the chromosome browser but the match list says the test is currently on order.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by mattn View Post
                                My kit shows the same completed date and I can see the names of the matches in the chromosome browser but the match list says the test is currently on order.
                                Which batch is this? I am still seeing the message saying results expected 09/23/2015 - 10/07/2015 for batch 632 FF. Good to hear things seem to be moving again though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X