X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renegade6008
    replied
    Originally posted by JMB View Post
    How do you get your raw data from thee Ancestry site? They seem to have changed their website so both their instructions and the instruction on this site no longer work.
    Go to the Ancestry DNA home page and click on SETTINGS on the right. Then mid way and to the right you should see DOWNLOAD RAW DATA.

Leave a comment:

• nicolam
    replied
    If I click on the down arrow next to my name in the top right of the screen I see a list of options:

Member Profile
    My Account
    Site Preferences
    Email Settings
    My Alerts
    -------------
    New Ancestry
    Sign Out

It looks like if I click New Ancestry it will change me to the new version, so presumably if you are already in New Ancestry you should see an option for Classic Ancestry? I think I was given a trial of the new version a few weeks ago, but switched it back. I didn't know they were making it compulsory now

Leave a comment:

• jbarry6899
    replied
    Originally posted by nicolam View Post
    I still have a settings button on my DNA home page. If I click on that there is an option to download raw data listed under'Actions'on the right of the screen. I am using the Ancestry.co.uk.site though, so maybe it's different.
    Ancestry is in the process or rolling out a new look, called "New Ancestry." Some people, including the OP, were involuntarily moved to the new configuration. I was able to go back to "Classic Ancestry," which still has the settings button, but unfortunately I can't remember exactly what I clicked to do that. You might have to call Ancestry CS to get the instructions, and also let them know about the glitch in the new site.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• nicolam
    replied
    I still have a settings button on my DNA home page. If I click on that there is an option to download raw data listed under'Actions'on the right of the screen. I am using the Ancestry.co.uk.site though, so maybe it's different.

Leave a comment:

• JMB
    replied
    Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
    Oops! Sorry, for the misfire. I do not use ancestry.com for DNA research.

Wish you luck, Kevin
    I thought we were talking about different things!

Leave a comment:

• K. L. Adams
    replied
    It is the raw DNA data that I am wanting to upload.
    Oops! Sorry, for the misfire. I do not use ancestry.com for DNA research.

Wish you luck, Kevin

Leave a comment:

• JMB
    replied
    Originally posted by LynCra View Post
    The download option is under settings.
    The links go to

dna.ancestry.com

The word 'settings' does not appear anywhere on that page.

Leave a comment:

• LynCra
    replied
    The download option is under settings.

Leave a comment:

• JMB
    replied
    Originally posted by KATM View Post
    A Google search for "download Ancestry DNA raw data" yielded these two results, among others:

I don't subscribe to Ancestry, and haven't done any DNA testing there, but I hope their own page's instructions will work for you.
    Ancestry have completely changed their DNA pages but do not seem to have updated their help files.

There is no ‘manage test settings’ on that page.

The FTDNA page just repeats the Ancestry instructions.

Ancestry used let you compare your results with others and look for possible matches. They have dropped all that now and concentrate on 'ethnicity' aspect which does not interest me and I am very sceptical about it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    A Google search for "download Ancestry DNA raw data" yielded these two results, among others:

I don't subscribe to Ancestry, and haven't done any DNA testing there, but I hope their own page's instructions will work for you.
    Last edited by KATM; 27 July 2015, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JMB
    replied
    Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
    In your ancestry.com account
    click on "Family Trees" on upper menu bar.

Then click on "Manage Tree" for the specific family tree you have created (I have multiple trees).

Then on the right lower side you will see a button "Export Tree", click on that button.

You will get a message generating GEDCOM, wait until it is completed.

You will see a NEW button "Download your GEDCOM", Click on that and save to whatever place that you choose.

The easiest way to find the download file is to drop it on your desk top.
    It is the raw DNA data that I am wanting to upload.

Upload your Ancestry DNA or 23andMe (V3) raw data.

How do I access my raw data files with Ancestry.com or 23andMe?

Leave a comment:

• K. L. Adams
    replied
    How do you get your raw data from thee Ancestry site? They seem to have changed their website so both their instructions and the instruction on this site no longer work.
    In your ancestry.com account
    click on "Family Trees" on upper menu bar.

Then click on "Manage Tree" for the specific family tree you have created (I have multiple trees).

Then on the right lower side you will see a button "Export Tree", click on that button.

You will get a message generating GEDCOM, wait until it is completed.

You will see a NEW button "Download your GEDCOM", Click on that and save to whatever place that you choose.

The easiest way to find the download file is to drop it on your desk top.

Leave a comment:

• JMB
    started a topic Getting raw data from Ancestry and uploading

Getting raw data from Ancestry and uploading

Working...
X