Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 days sample kit waiting to be shipped to Virginia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.B. View Post
    "Only" 3 days? Lucky you. I sent my kit back from Europe three weeks ago and it is still not batched.
    Why FTDNA does not offer an express Service is anyones guess. Other companies like Amazon seems to know better how important speedy Service is and do offer a premium shipping Service.

Almost as annoying are other people still praising FTDNA on this Forum and backstabbing others who dare to complain. Shame on them. I don't know it they are trolling or if they are paid by FTDNA. They don't make FTDNA look any better.
    First of all, seriosly? Is your genealogy DNA test THAT important that it needs to be done "stat"? Last I checked no one's lives actually depend on this. Maybe someone is looking for someone important like a bio dad, but I seriously doubt anyone's need is urgent (unless you are dying, then genetic genealogy is still unlikely to give you a fast response).

As for people praising FTDNA: I personally have positve AND negative experiences with my DNA samples. MOST of the time lags are NOT FTDNA's fault in my experience, so I will forgive them that. Again, I don't see an "urgent" need for genetic genealogy where express expedition of mail or test services is a true need. Almost all of my mail delays were just that MAIL delays. Testing delays? I have had some, but again, what is the real urgency?????? This is not a medical profession lab. As for my praise of the company? I will complain when I want, but I will also give praise for what I see that is good about a company. I have seen a LOT of improvement with result times and I have always had my problems addressed and fixed. Sometimes it takes a while, but eventually it all gets straightened out. But, the main reason to give praise is to county all the negativity because I WANT RESULTS! I am NOT going to get match results if people stop testing. I can't say I never complained that a test took too long, but to me that is NOT a reason to encourage other people to shop elsewhere. Doing that only harms my research.

As for the original post, complaining about 3 days is silly in my opinion, and then to be mad that they refunded money AS REQUESTED is even sillier. People need to have realistic expectation. On FTDNA's end, I think they need to give a longer projected date range of test due dates, I also think they need to continue improving communication, but on the purchaser's end, you have to realize that delays could happen and learn to have a little patience. There is nothing urgent about a genetic genealogy DNA test. If you have an urgent medical need? Go through a doctor and they can order a stat test. End of rant lol

Comment

Originally posted by jsarnacki View Post
      First of all, seriosly? Is your genealogy DNA test THAT important that it needs to be done "stat"? Last I checked no one's lives actually depend on this. Maybe someone is looking for someone important like a bio dad, but I seriously doubt anyone's need is urgent (unless you are dying, then genetic genealogy is still unlikely to give you a fast response).

As for people praising FTDNA: I personally have positve AND negative experiences with my DNA samples. MOST of the time lags are NOT FTDNA's fault in my experience, so I will forgive them that. Again, I don't see an "urgent" need for genetic genealogy where express expedition of mail or test services is a true need. Almost all of my mail delays were just that MAIL delays. Testing delays? I have had some, but again, what is the real urgency?????? This is not a medical profession lab. As for my praise of the company? I will complain when I want, but I will also give praise for what I see that is good about a company. I have seen a LOT of improvement with result times and I have always had my problems addressed and fixed. Sometimes it takes a while, but eventually it all gets straightened out. But, the main reason to give praise is to county all the negativity because I WANT RESULTS! I am NOT going to get match results if people stop testing. I can't say I never complained that a test took too long, but to me that is NOT a reason to encourage other people to shop elsewhere. Doing that only harms my research.

As for the original post, complaining about 3 days is silly in my opinion, and then to be mad that they refunded money AS REQUESTED is even sillier. People need to have realistic expectation. On FTDNA's end, I think they need to give a longer projected date range of test due dates, I also think they need to continue improving communication, but on the purchaser's end, you have to realize that delays could happen and learn to have a little patience. There is nothing urgent about a genetic genealogy DNA test. If you have an urgent medical need? Go through a doctor and they can order a stat test. End of rant lol
      I understand that delays can happen when it comes to sending stuff through USPS.. what I don't understand is the lack of communication and updates. Showing a tracking number as "pending to pick up" for 3 days in my opinion is poor when comparing with other services we have nowadays. I don't care if you think that DNA tests shouldn't be urgent (you don't know the reasons I have), however in the end I'm paying for a service, I'm paying $99 to get a product from FDNA, they are not doing me a favor or giving it for free!

I ship stuff across the country almost every day, and I buy stuff from Amazon and other companies that get my home in 24h, now, I'm not saying I want the DNA results in 24h, but having a sample kit that I paid sitting for 3 days at the FDNA offices waiting for pick up, in my opinion it at least deserves an explanation.

And again, with 23andme it was a totally opposite experience, so.. it's possible.
      Last edited by cmrabet; 29 July 2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsarnacki View Post
        As for the original post, complaining about 3 days is silly...
        And here we go again backstabbing other People who dare to criticize FTDNA instead of being thankful. How can a Company improve it's Service if criticism is unwelcome? So if you want your beloved FTDNA getting better be thankful for critics instead of denigrating others as "silly".

Comment

And here we go again backstabbing other People who dare to criticize FTDNA instead of being thankful. How can a Company improve it's Service if criticism is unwelcome? So if you want your beloved FTDNA getting better be thankful for critics instead of denigrating others as "silly".
          If somebody is silly in their criticism, should we thank them for our criticism, just so we can increase the heat on the company to perform better?

I don't think so. And others besides the poster you're responding to and me seemed to think the OP had gone over the top. He even complained about the fact that when he asked for a refund and was promptly given it, he didn't also receive an explanation. If he wanted an explanation along with his refund, maybe he should have asked for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by cmrabet View Post
            I understand that delays can happen when it comes to sending stuff through USPS.. what I don't understand is the lack of communication and updates. Showing a tracking number as "pending to pick up" for 3 days in my opinion is poor when comparing with other services we have nowadays. I don't care if you think that DNA tests shouldn't be urgent (you don't know the reasons I have), however in the end I'm paying for a service, I'm paying $99 to get a product from FDNA, they are not doing me a favor or giving it for free!

I ship stuff across the country almost every day, and I buy stuff from Amazon and other companies that get my home in 24h, now, I'm not saying I want the DNA results in 24h, but having a sample kit that I paid sitting for 3 days at the FDNA offices waiting for pick up, in my opinion it at least deserves an explanation.

And again, with 23andme it was a totally opposite experience, so.. it's possible.
            When you receive the tracking number it is basically in the USPS boat. The USPS North Houston distribution center is famous for this stuff, all you have to do is google.

ftDNA started to sending some kits from another state, which has worked well, at least for my kits.

However, the kits still have to be sent to Houston to be processed, which is still seeing sporadic problems.

I would recommend folks to go to the USPS site, enter the tracking number and if it goes over the time allotted for priority mail, file a complaint. USPS will have a representative call you, but most of the time it starts moving very soon after the complaint is filed.

It has worked every time for me, but calling ftDNA for a USPS issue is not going to be very productive.

Comment

I just think there are way bigger issues to complain about than a couple days delay which is extremely minor issue in comparison to other potential problems. And then the OP complained when they cancelled the order AT THEIR REQUEST. So yes, I stand by my statement.That does not make me a backstabber... just being realistic about expectations.

Comment

I do agree - when a person says "Please cancel my order" and then is upset when their order is cancelled -- something wrong there.

Definitely a warning to all - Be Careful What You Ask For - you just might get it.

Comment

Working...
                X