Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 days sample kit waiting to be shipped to Virginia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 days sample kit waiting to be shipped to Virginia?

I ordered my FamilyFinder Kit on July 20Th, I received an email early morning on July 21st stating that the kit has been shipped to me (Virginia) with First Class (R).. Today is 23rd and the tracking number still shows the following:

"PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS"

Which basically means that the package has not been picked up by USPS or that FTDNA hasn't dropped it yet at the post office..

3 days sitting where? I usually send stuff from Virginia to anywhere in the US in 24 hours.. and this is only the beginning, I don't even want to imagine what it will happen when I ship my samples back and sit waiting for the results..

I don't know, but it usually takes about a week to receive our kits. Returning though... take a picture of the mailing label so you can track if necessary. I have had most kits return in about a week too, but I have had two kits... one from AZ and one from IL (those were the locations of all my kits).... the two kits got stuck in the mail for 5+ weeks!

Comment

Oh, and once they reach FTDNA, it may take a couple days to go to the lab... once they arrive in the lab, they will "batch" the following Wednesday.

Comment

I opened a support request to get my money back since I changed my mind and the competition is giving better response to their customers. Where can I check the status of these support tickets? I don't see any link in the website.

Comment

Houston USPS - enough said

Comment

I just received an email saying that they canceled my order and that they will refund my money :S with no other explanation.

I was expecting at least a description of the problem and to be reassured that everything is as planed, something like "We apologize for the delay, your order is ok and will be dropped today, tomorrow or soon"..

Instead they cancel it.

I lost 3 days waiting and now I have to start over, because I still want my DNA tested, but probably somewhere else with another company (AncestryDNA?, 23andme?).

Comment

Originally posted by cmrabet View Post
              I just received an email saying that they canceled my order and that they will refund my money :S with no other explanation.

I was expecting at least a description of the problem and to be reassured that everything is as planed, something like "We apologize for the delay, your order is ok and will be dropped today, tomorrow or soon"..

Instead they cancel it.

I lost 3 days waiting and now I have to start over, because I still want my DNA tested, but probably somewhere else with another company (AncestryDNA?, 23andme?).
              I always have said that genealogy and, even more so, genetic genealogy will teach you patience, if you don't have it already. Without patience, you'll be very frustrated. Just something to think about.

Comment

Instead they cancel it.

Always be careful what you ask for. You might get it.

If you ever want some testing other than autosomal DNA, where are you going to?

Comment

3 days sitting where?
                  "Only" 3 days? Lucky you. I sent my kit back from Europe three weeks ago and it is still not batched.
                  Why FTDNA does not offer an express Service is anyones guess. Other companies like Amazon seems to know better how important speedy Service is and do offer a premium shipping Service.

Almost as annoying are other people still praising FTDNA on this Forum and backstabbing others who dare to complain. Shame on them. I don't know it they are trolling or if they are paid by FTDNA. They don't make FTDNA look any better.

Comment

@M.B.

Originally posted by M.B. View Post
                    "Only" 3 days? Lucky you. I sent my kit back from Europe three weeks ago and it is still not batched.
                    Why FTDNA does not offer an express Service is anyones guess. Other companies like Amazon seems to know better how important speedy Service is and do offer a premium shipping Service.

Almost as annoying are other people still praising FTDNA on this Forum and backstabbing others who dare to complain. Shame on them. I don't know it they are trolling or if they are paid by FTDNA. They don't make FTDNA look any better.
                    And tracking information points to your shipment being received by FTDNA when? (Many of us had seen kits being delayed by USPS, mostly in Houston.)

If a kit is received by Tuesday, it would be batched Thursday.

Express shipping (at premium) used to be available. Did you enquire with FTDNA about shipping options (when shipping to you, as shipping to Houston is entirely under your control)?

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
                    The forum seems to have significantly more complaints than accolades. And I do not recall people complaining about other people complaining . Offering a different point of view or experience, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                      And tracking information points to your shipment being received by FTDNA when? (Many of us had seen kits being delayed by USPS, mostly in Houston.)

If a kit is received by Tuesday, it would be batched Thursday.

Express shipping (at premium) used to be available. Did you enquire with FTDNA about shipping options (when shipping to you, as shipping to Houston is entirely under your control)?

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
                      The forum seems to have significantly more complaints than accolades. And I do not recall people complaining about other people complaining . Offering a different point of view or experience, yes.
                      I don't have any tracking informations as I read it can lead to further delays if Mr. Postman asks for anyone to sign the receipt.
                      Anyway, if other companies can handle shipping faster, why not FTDNA? Why not offering another faster postal Company, even if this would mean more expensive shipping? Give People the choice!

BTW: I read a post in which a Person who "had the nerve" to ask another complaining Person to stop b***ing around. (A few letters in the word "b***ing" were later replaced by asterisks.) This has nothing to do with offering a different Point of view, this is just sick.
                      Last edited by M.B.; 24 July 2015, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.B. View Post
                        I don't have any tracking informations as I read it can lead to further delays if Mr. Postman asks for anyone to sign the receipt. [----]
                        I do not know your country postal service, but in the European countries, I am familiar with, tracking is an option separate from signature on delivery.

W.

Comment

Update.

I sent an email to FTDNA in response to the cancelation notice asking why they didn't provide an explanation of the delay rather than canceling the order right away. A lady responded me saying that she already canceled the order, that that is what I asked and that is what she did, and that I would receive my money back within 3-4 days.

Fair enough, I accepted their decision. After this, I went to 23andme and ordered a kit with the express option. 24 hours later I had the kit in my mailbox! I split into it and left in my mailbox for pickup. I've checked today in the morning and the package has been already received by by 23andme! Now, this is what I call service.

But here is the surprise.. When I got home after work today I found in my mailbox ... the sample kit from FTDNA!!!!!!!! WTF?? So I went straight to my laptop to check if their reimbursed my money, and .. surprise! they charged me $108.95 and they only returned $93.95.. where are the other $15?????

What kind of company is this?

Comment

Instead they cancel it.

I have ordered many kits, some come quickly, some get hung up in the postal distribution center.

I usually, wait a couple of days and then file a complaint with the United Postal Service, which always get the package moving again.

ftDNA has no control over the postal folks.

Comment

Update.

But here is the surprise.. When I got home after work today I found in my mailbox ... the sample kit from FTDNA!!!!!!!! WTF?? So I went straight to my laptop to check if their reimbursed my money, and .. surprise! they charged me $108.95 and they only returned $93.95.. where are the other $15?????

What kind of company is this?
                              See following
                              https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...efunds-policy/

Comment

Working...
                              X