Old matches with new dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old matches with new dates

What is going on with the FF match lists? I have matches showing today as new 8th July which I have seen previously with earlier dates.

It is also taking too long to open or sort the match list.

I also have old matches with new dates (7/8/15).

Comment

I had this about a week ago.

Comment

It is just a guess, but I think they re-ran some of their FF kits to correct an issue/error they had with the results. It might have been the June 3 kits that everyone has been having the problem with one why matches

Comment

Originally posted by telly441 View Post
          It is just a guess, but I think they re-ran some of their FF kits to correct an issue/error they had with the results. It might have been the June 3 kits that everyone has been having the problem with one why matches
          This is my understanding too. They have been re-running problem kits. My mom's kit date changed. She was among the problematic June 3 kits. That also explains why I kept getting texts yesterday of a new immediate relative found (when it was just my mom).

Comment

I reported earlier this year an incident where I had just the opposite -- a bunch of new matches suddenly showed up with old dates.

http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37297

I never got an explanation or even a response to my help desk email.
            Last edited by Sarmat; 9 July 2015, 11:22 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

I noticed the same problem. Many of the results I had when the test was first run (back in 2014) have 7/17/2015 dates. Two of these people have AOL and WebTV email addresses that bounce and their tests were run years ago. I've never been able to contact them. So there's no possibility that these are recent tests that were re-run.

Comment

In regards to the June 3rd matches, I don't understand why they could not just remove their kits from data base (delete out of matching database) and then rerun them through. Instead they seem to be relying on individual kit holders to report the kits with missing segment data.

While most of the June 3rd kits have been corrected with my kits(they show newer dates), there is 2 or 3 that are still missing their segment data dated June 3. I haven't taken the time to go through all 14 of my kits to check and report them to the bug report.

I suspect these older kits with the new dates are the ones that have reported issues with their kits (possibly due to June 3rd matches) in which FTDNA removed from the matching database and rerun on the latest rerun of the matching database.

Again I don't understand why they didn't just remove these June 3rd matches in the first place and rerun them all.

Comment

They are reprocessing the June 3rd kits, but they are also making some changes and are going to rerun a lot of kits because of the problems. I don't know if they will be complete retesting, or just some quality control checks, but when they do that, the process completed date changes. I had a June 3rd kit that changed dates. My older ones haven't yet (that I know of).

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
                    I suspect these older kits with the new dates are the ones that have reported issues with their kits (possibly due to June 3rd matches) in which FTDNA removed from the matching database and rerun on the latest rerun of the matching database.
                    Possible. I thought, that perhaps those older kits, which FTDNA reran with date of 17.7. are perhaps the ones which have now new My Origin Population percentages?

Comment

Add me to the list as I'm seeing lots of old matches with 7/17 date.

It's really not that hard to manage a database and to implement checks and backups to minimize when there are issues. If these type of database mistakes occurred where I work there would be massive firing. That's a fact as it happened a couple of years ago. Not one DataBase Administrator I worked with survived.
                      Last edited by thetick; 22 July 2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X