Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Us Message

I just sent the following to FTDNA.

I'm the admin of the Powell Project. I have just been asked about kit ###### because they haven't heard anything about results being in. Yes, I know FTDNA's email system is currently a disaster.

When I looked at the Y-DNA matches for this kit it starts on the 37 marker page and states the results will be posted when that test is complete. Interesting because they only ordered 25 markers. Checking the CAP pending results page it shows nothing for this kit. Checking the order status page for the kit it shows everything is complete.

What do I tell customers? Do I tell them that FTDNA keeps changing things that were working and that they have made such a mess of things that very little works any more.

I've been a customer and Admin since 2002. I have NEVER seen such a mess. Frankly I'm getting embarrassed.

Waiting for a response - 1 year and counting

Hello,

I wrote a year ago requesting (Request ID 133419) admin access for the Moore surname project because the project administrator has been MIA for at least 18 months (probably more).

There was an initial response from Ms. Cloud saying that she needed more information before making a decision. Despite repeated requests for an update, I have heard nothing since. One year and counting.

From other posts it appears there is a problem with the email system, or I am not sure what else it could be. This is my last ditch effort for some sort of response.

If in the next month I hear nothing back from someone who can and does further this situation to a reasonable conclusion (even if the answer to my initial query is "no", but allows for starting a new Moore DNA project instead - there are already 2, I can't imagine that will be seen as positive or professional) I will be making new arrangements for my future DNA testing and surname project interests.

With my best regards,
    Mischelle Hodge
    Kit #318263 (on behalf of ___ Moore

Comment

Hello,

I will contact Janine directly with your post so she can follow up on it.

-Darren
      Family Tree DNA

Comment

Gosh - Moore Project: too many members un-grouped?

Mischelle,

It does rather look abandoned doesn't it Look at how many members are un-grouped; they run over two pages as well. Just on 200 members un-grouped? Wonder just what's going on there. If you do become a co- administrator you will have a lot of sub-grouping tasks to perform

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/MooreWorldwide/default.aspx?section=yresults

Their activity feed is quite active so why not post a message to the absentee Admins there ? One of the other members may know something further.

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../activity-feed

Alexandrina

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandrina View Post
          Mischelle,

It does rather look abandoned doesn't it Look at how many members are un-grouped; they run over two pages as well. Just on 200 members un-grouped? Wonder just what's going on there. If you do become a co- administrator you will have a lot of sub-grouping tasks to perform

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/MooreWorldwide/default.aspx?section=yresults

Their activity feed is quite active so why not post a message to the absentee Admins there ? One of the other members may know something further.

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../activity-feed

Alexandrina
          If a project has an activity feed it hasn't been abandoned as a project administrator would have had to convert the project over to the myGroups format. Just glancing at the Moore-Worldwide project the results look like they have been grouped well, the ungrouped are a result of having no matches. It looks to me like the administrators of that project are doing a very good job.

Now the Moore project on the other hand obviously doesn't have an active administrator but I'm not sure why there are 2 Moore projects to begin with, usually FTDNA doesn't allow 2 projects for the same surname.
          Last edited by travers; 13 July 2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Successful Resolution

It is with appreciation that I convey Janine Cloud was able to dig up my request and subsequent communication which had fallen between the cracks.

I am pleased to say I am now the administrator of the Moore surname project. Watch this space!

My thanks,
            Mischelle Hodge

Comment

Working...
            X