Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOURTH DELAY: y-DNA Batch 617 WTF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FOURTH DELAY: y-DNA Batch 617 WTF?

    Yep. On the first day of the third delay period (7/01/2015-7/15/2015), I check for results and there is an update moving things down the road to 7/15/2015-7/29/2015.

    Not acceptable. I want my results today. This evening. Work overtime if you have to, but get the ***damn things done.

    I think the guy a couple months ago who filed a claim with the Texas state attorney general had the right idea after all. Accepting crap behavior from FTDNA in hopes they will improve just results in more crap behavior.

    The continued ineptitude by FTDNA's management has reached intolerable levels.

    Kit 410546 y-67 results. By midnight tonight, or I am going to avail myself of legal options. Put someone on it.

    L.

  • #2
    Same here for Batch 616 Y-67 !
    Changed overnight to 07/15/2015 - 07/29/2015

    3rd delay in row already starting in May !!!

    Kit 397629

    Comment


    • #3
      Same here for 398959 its a 37 marker y and a big y test.

      Comment


      • #4
        Note sure if different type of tests valid compares, but my Big Y batch 620 was delayed a second time. Now it's showing 7/8-7/22.

        Comment


        • #5
          Supposedly my kit in 617 is holding on a single marker, DYS464 which is being redone.

          The first sample was "bad" so a new one (spare vial) was requested and the whole thing rerun, passing this time, apparently, except DYS464.

          How many email notifications did I get about these glitches? Zero. Bubkes.

          One wonders why they can't just release 66/67 markers and update it when DYS464 is done.

          The final word I got on it was "it shouldn't take that long" to finish that one marker.

          Comment


          • #6
            My request has been ignored so far...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Uncle Lucifer View Post
              One wonders why they can't just release 66/67 markers and update it when DYS464 is done.
              FTDNA actually tried doing that for a while. It was an utter disaster. Neither customers nor tools know what to do with missing marker values.

              Occasionally, however, a marker really is missing (i.e., a mutation has deleted it from the chromosome or at least made it unreadable by ordinary means). In such a case, FTDNA has to retest several times before declaring failure and marking the value as 0.
              Last edited by lgmayka; 6 July 2015, 05:05 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
                FTDNA actually tried doing that for a while. It was an utter disaster. Neither customers nor tools know what to do with missing marker values.

                Occasionally, however, a marker really is missing (i.e., a mutation has deleted it from the chromosome or at least made it unreadable by ordinary means). In such a case, FTDNA has to retest several times before declaring failure and marking the value as 0.
                From what I've read on DYS464, its absence can indicate infertility in males and it's comparatively rare, but I don't immediately see the utility in including such a "volatile" or iffy STR in standard y-DNA testing.

                It sounds problematic at best and flaky in general, so why bother with it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Uncle Lucifer View Post
                  From what I've read on DYS464, its absence can indicate infertility in males and it's comparatively rare, but I don't immediately see the utility in including such a "volatile" or iffy STR in standard y-DNA testing.

                  It sounds problematic at best and flaky in general, so why bother with it?
                  Missing the marker DYS464 is rare, not the other way around. Most men have 4 copies of it, or more. Having zero copies is rare. DYS464 is a very rapidly mutating marker. Extremely useful in calculating genetic distance and TMRCA. That is why to bother with it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    STILL waiting for results to a big-Y test as well -- batch 620. Lost track of how many times it's been delayed. Now showing I won't get results until 8/19??? What the actual ****. I ordered my kit in freaking MARCH. I'm about to flip. What is the deal??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My last result posted today. Batched 08 Apr, posted 07 Jul.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi,
                        I also have received my results now.

                        Andreas

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X