Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

internet response time :(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • internet response time :(

    What's with the long internet response times. FTDNA is getting more and more customers but they are not keeping up with server upgrades and additions. It is very tiring waiting for page loads and page refreshes due to page timeouts.

  • #2
    Originally posted by blbertram View Post
    What's with the long internet response times. FTDNA is getting more and more customers but they are not keeping up with server upgrades and additions. It is very tiring waiting for page loads and page refreshes due to page timeouts.
    Everything will be fine soon: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...23&postcount=1

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by M.B. View Post
      I notice a lack of timelines (even rough ones) as to when IT and sample processing timelines/procedures will be resolved. The linked post appears to be more of a band aid PR response as opposed to a deliberate plan to resolve the mention issues/challenges certainly faced by FTDNA, which is very unfortunate.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Peter MacDonald View Post
        I notice a lack of timelines (even rough ones) as to when IT and sample processing timelines/procedures will be resolved. The linked post appears to be more of a band aid PR response as opposed to a deliberate plan to resolve the mention issues/challenges certainly faced by FTDNA, which is very unfortunate.
        That is true and strangely nobody seems to have noticed it.
        I must admit that I myself was lulled by the words...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by M.B. View Post
          That is true and strangely nobody seems to have noticed it.
          I must admit that I myself was lulled by the words...
          I have to admit that I was as taken in my non-specific promises as well. I have had a very long standing issue with my Y DNA matches not appearing on my matches list.

          I truly hope all issues will be resolved sooner than later, however I will not be holding my breath. I no longer hold to the belief that FTDNA is the one and only company in the field of genetic genealogy that I would test (or refer others to) test with.

          This is which is unfortunate as I would prefer to keep everything under one company/relationship.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Peter MacDonald View Post

            I truly hope all issues will be resolved sooner than later, however I will not be holding my breath.
            Some issues seems to have been solved already as there are neither FF nor mtDNA tests listed any longer on the delay list: https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-test-process/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by M.B. View Post
              Some issues seems to have been solved already as there are neither FF nor mtDNA tests listed any longer on the delay list: https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-test-process/
              It would be interesting to see if there is a gap between to what FTDNA perceives as reality versus what its customers perceive as reality with regard to its long list of IT and DNA sample processing timelines.

              Can anyone add in their current experiences with either of these topics?

              Comment

              Working...
              X