Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 621 67 markers still waiting, anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 621 67 markers still waiting, anyone else?

I ordered 67 markers on the first of May and was batched on the 6th of May, still no results, predicted to come between the 22nd of July and the 5th of August.

I'm in batch 621, but for mtDNA. It's been pushed back to Jul 8 - Jul 22nd. Not quite as long of a wait as for you (so far anyway).

Comment

Yes, still waiting for batch 621 (YDNA37) and another one in batch 620.

Doesn't make it easy to recruit project participants when I have to tell them their results may be months away.

Comment

Originally posted by dnaforsennett View Post

Doesn't make it easy to recruit project participants when I have to tell them their results may be months away.
        I have some in 622 with an estimated arrival of 07/29/2015 - 08/12/2015

Comment

Originally posted by dnaforsennett View Post

oops! I did have a kit in 620 for a Y-DNA37 with an estimated arrival on 07/01/2015 - 07/15/2015

Comment

Batch 621 FF

My uncle is in batch 621 and his is an upgrade to FF - both have historically gone a bit faster. However, his date has been pushed back already - and not just two weeks, it was more than a month. I'm still a week from the new window even opening up. The new date range is 6/24 - 7/08, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

It's a shame because I have a family reunion in a week and I was looking forward to unveiling the results and using them to recruit several more people to test. No such luck.

Comment

Yes, I have two kits in Batch 621 for 67 markers and am still waiting. Estimated date between 7/22 and 8/5 as of today, still. I'm hopeful as I read another poster say he/she got their Batch 618 & 619 (I believe) results this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade6008 View Post
                Yes, I have two kits in Batch 621 for 67 markers and am still waiting. Estimated date between 7/22 and 8/5 as of today, still. I'm hopeful as I read another poster say he/she got their Batch 618 & 619 (I believe) results this week.
                I have the same date.

Comment

I have some results showing today. Am still trying to make sense of them.

Batch 621: 67 marker tests (2)

Comment

Mine had been pushed back to Jul 8 - Jul 22nd, so today (Jul 8) I was hopeful they were in, but no such luck. Now new date is Jul 22 - Aug 8th. I know other people have been waiting longer than my 2 months (apparently soon to be 3), but I am pretty unhappy with this company. I also haven't had any new matches for awhile so I am wondering if that is on the fritz again. The lack of announcements and reporting of issues from FTDNA is also a big turn off. Plus I have had exactly 2 emails in a year and a half, so their mail system doesn't work either. DOES ANYTHING WORK WITH THIS COMPANY? I have warned several relatives away from FTDNA because in good conscience I could not recommend it - I would be horribly embarrassed if their experience was the same as mine. OK rant over, but I still feel very unhappy. FTDNA what the heck are you doing?

Comment

Third delay for 621

Just checked again today and saw that results for a Y-37 that I bought for a possible relative in batch 621 have been delayed for a third time, now due 8/05-8/19.

Comment

After my batch 621 mtDNA results were delayed for the 2nd time and I saw on another thread that someone from batch 628 had rec'd their mtdna results, I emailed ftdna and asked why someone who ordered their tests a month and a half after I did would receive their results before me. I said that if there was something wrong with my sample I would like it acted upon and that I was pretty unhappy with the lack of communication.

I am not sure if it was coincidence, but my results were in late the very next day - Jul 14th - about a week and a half ahead of the expected results date.

Comment

Originally posted by 1/2finn View Post
                          [----] I am not sure if it was coincidence, but my results were in late the very next day - Jul 14th - about a week and a half ahead of the expected results date.
                          Coincidence

Comment

Please cool it off, you guys. I have been here for more than a few years and I can assure you that delays in processing sometimes do happen, unfortunately. But you are dealing with a very high quality company, FTDNA, and you eventually will get the results you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Tourist View Post
                              Please cool it off, you guys. I have been here for more than a few years and I can assure you that delays in processing sometimes do happen, unfortunately. But you are dealing with a very high quality company, FTDNA, and you eventually will get the results you seek.
                              Cool it with the "cool it." This is the "Grumble and Gripes" forum where complaining is welcome. Since my first test over three years ago I have run other tests on my own kit and have also tested several other relatives and complete strangers on two continents. But service at FTDNA seems to be getting worse, not better with time. This test is for a stranger I had to approach and who was reluctant to test to begin with, but now is eager to find out if we are related, and disappointed the first time I told him that the results would be delayed. Now I don't even know if I will bother to tell him for a third time that they are delayed, just in case they keep moving the goal post.

I know that the results will eventually come, but I don't think repeated delays in processing are a sign of "very high quality" customer service. I want FTDNA to do better and it is important to me that other people I introduce to the company are satisfied with the service they receive. I am embarrassed for the company when my own relatives complain about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X