Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FALSE RELATIONSHIPS SHOWING UP ON FF ADVANCED MATCHING

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FALSE RELATIONSHIPS SHOWING UP ON FF ADVANCED MATCHING

    Anybody else having a problem with multiple matches showing up at the "Parent/Child" relationship level, while using the tool "Advanced Matching"? I have FIVE matches indicated as being relationship of "Parent/Child". I have had one pregnancy, resulting in my son who lives with me. Both of my natural parents are to the best of my knowledge, the ones I grew up with-- and neither one of which being amongst the five names indicated. This is ridiculous, nightmare lawsuit-level stuff! Especially as my 3rd cousin, who is adopted, has a completely different account and her own set of matches, yet has THE SAME names and degree of relationship indicated, appearing on her list of advanced matches! THIS IS DEVASTATINGLY UPSETTING AND EGREGIOUSLY UNACCEPTABLE GLITCH! HOW CAN WE TRUST ANY INFO RECEIVED FROM THIS COMPANY? REFUND!

  • #2
    This is known bug of FTDNA

    when, if ever, will it be fixed ?

    My family has also 'grown' today, with 6 childern and/or parents, one halfsibling....all false

    I don't trust this company.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by VegasGem View Post
      Anybody else having a problem with multiple matches showing up at the "Parent/Child" relationship level, while using the tool "Advanced Matching"? I have FIVE matches indicated as being relationship of "Parent/Child". I have had one pregnancy, resulting in my son who lives with me. Both of my natural parents are to the best of my knowledge, the ones I grew up with-- and neither one of which being amongst the five names indicated. This is ridiculous, nightmare lawsuit-level stuff! Especially as my 3rd cousin, who is adopted, has a completely different account and her own set of matches, yet has THE SAME names and degree of relationship indicated, appearing on her list of advanced matches! THIS IS DEVASTATINGLY UPSETTING AND EGREGIOUSLY UNACCEPTABLE GLITCH! HOW CAN WE TRUST ANY INFO RECEIVED FROM THIS COMPANY? REFUND!
      Hi Vega,

      I just went into my "Advanced Matches" ran each test separately for "Select All Y-DNA" and "Select All mtDNA" and "Family Finder" with surname and without.

      My "Advanced Matches" results match with my family paper research for close matches.

      In the "Advance View" do you only match on "FF" or do you have multiple match types like "HVR1 FF", that would come from mtDNA and family finder?

      Do these same names show up on mtDNA - Matches?

      Best wishes, K. L. Adams

      Comment


      • #4
        NO TRUST IN THIS HALF ASSED EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY

        K.
        In almost all test sequence combinations run (the exceptions being Y DNA matches, as I have none, due to not ever purchasing any Y, and straight mtDNA matches only, as these are only FF and FF XDNA matches) YES, the same matches showed up. And in other curiousities, in my mtDNA matches, there are a couple matches who show up with an "X" or "No Match" designation in each of the HVR columns...but then also show up with a "3" or "3 Part Match" in the final row. Really? Double XX's=3 Part Match? I DO NOT TRUST ANY OF MY RESULTS NOW< TRULY!! I WANT A REFUND!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Vegas Gem,

          I am not certain I understand exactly what is going on here, but if you are doing advanced matching for mtDNA, it is possible to have non matches in the HVR1 and HVR2 levels and then match at the FMS level.

          HVR1 and HVR2 matches need to be exact matches and will not allow for mutations (with certain rare exceptions).

          The FMS level will allow for up to three mutations though.

          -Darren
          Family Tree DNA

          Comment


          • #6
            Darren, a question?

            Darren, if I may ask, so you say that HVR1 and HVR2 matches do not allow for mutations; but FMS does (up to 3?), I have a VERY unique mutation in my Coding Region, which my project admin tells me I am the First thus tested (in the U3 project), found with it (Coding region marker 9516C, most U3a1c has T), now I guess my question(s) are:
            Are my exact matches for HVR1 and HVR2 Exact because Coding region is not taken into account/they have not done FMS?; and thus we match exactly in these other regions?

            I have 2 "Exact" Matches in FMS; a 2Step match and a 3Step match. (Which I am still unclear as to how closely related that would make them). Is it possible that these Exact FMS matches don't have this unique mutation?? (I do know there are some who tested U3a1c that have not joined the U3 project from what I am told)
            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LadyAlaise View Post

              ....

              I have 2 "Exact" Matches in FMS; a 2Step match and a 3Step match. (Which I am still unclear as to how closely related that would make them). Is it possible that these Exact FMS matches don't have this unique mutation?? (I do know there are some who tested U3a1c that have not joined the U3 project from what I am told)
              Thanks
              just to clarify, are you saying you have 2 exact matches showing a GD/step of 0, 1 match at 2 steps and 1 match at 3 steps.
              A total of 4 matches on your FMS matchlist

              An exact match at FMS has 0 Steps, with who you would share all the same mutations on each level of matching.

              HVR1 looks at a set number of SNP in your mtDNA
              HVR2 looks at the HVR1 SNPs plus the extra included in the HVR2 level
              Coding regions looks at HVR1 and HVR2 SNPs plus the final tested SNP tested in your mtDNA (Covers all tested mtDNA SNPS)

              A 1, 2 or 3 step match in FMS may have these mutations on any level of matching, mutations not restricted to the coding region, therefore they may not show as match on lower levels.
              ie) if you have a match on FMS with a 1 step, this mutation difference may be on the HVR1 level. Therefore this match will not show on the HVR1 or HVR2 since these levels require exact matching (an HVR2 exact match has to be an exact match on HVR1 also, both levels taken into account)
              Last edited by prairielad; 13 June 2015, 03:40 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by prairielad View Post
                just to clarify, are you saying you have 2 exact matches showing a GD/step of 0, 1 match at 2 steps and 1 match at 3 steps.
                A total of 4 matches on your FMS matchlist

                An exact match at FMS has 0 Steps, with who you would share all the same mutations on each level of matching.

                HVR1 looks at a set number of SNP in your mtDNA
                HVR2 looks at the HVR1 SNPs plus the extra included in the HVR2 level
                Coding regions looks at HVR1 and HVR2 SNPs plus the final tested SNP tested in your mtDNA (Covers all tested mtDNA SNPS)

                A 1, 2 or 3 step match in FMS may have these mutations on any level of matching, mutations not restricted to the coding region, therefore they may not show as match on lower levels.
                ie) if you have a match on FMS with a 1 step, this mutation difference may be on the HVR1 level. Therefore this match will not show on the HVR1 or HVR2 since these levels require exact matching (an HVR2 exact match has to be an exact match on HVR1 also, both levels taken into account)
                Hi,
                Actually I guess I have new matches? Before I had like two people listed on my FMS match list; now I have 18!
                17 of them are 3 Step match. One is a 2 Step match; I have no 1 Step match and no 0 Step match.
                I had to look them up via Advance matching as the normal mtdna match list for FMS is not displaying...
                for HVR1 on my mtDNA match List; I have 49 matches, for HVR2 I have 21. (In the Entire database)
                When I look under the U3 mtDNA project; for HVR2 I have 2 matches, for HVR1 I have 4 (which include the first two)
                When I look in my Match Map view at FMS; I have only One match displaying; a 3 step match (green).
                For HVR2 Match Map I have 5 Red Exact matches.
                For HVR1 Match Map I have 12 Red Exact matches.
                ---

                Comment


                • #9
                  So the HVR1 matches are only looking for matches in the HVR1 region regardless of what the coding region might produce. So you can have a lot of HVR1 matches that fall away at the higher levels of testing if they have too many mutations at the HVR2 or Coding Region.

                  -Darren
                  Family Tree DNA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    So the HVR1 matches are only looking for matches in the HVR1 region regardless of what the coding region might produce. So you can have a lot of HVR1 matches that fall away at the higher levels of testing if they have too many mutations at the HVR2 or Coding Region.

                    -Darren
                    Family Tree DNA

                    mtDNA matching has been broken for the last several days, first with many HVR1 matches missing, and now with FMS matches missing. Is there an update in progress that is creating these issues?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X