The free DNA transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The free DNA transfer

I transfered my Ancestry DNA results to this site about 3 months ago (19th March 2015) & they are still 'Pending',

Should the it not have been done by now?

I ask cos I thought it should only be 48 hours.

PS, I am not refering to the mtDNA Plus test, only did this in the last few weeks.
    Attached Files

I would say, phone FTDNA Support at +1-713-868-1438 and ask, but their business hours are those of Central Time (US).

W. (Mr.)

Comment

I live the UK, so is not that easy to do!

Comment

Well, they won't let you email them anymore, so you're probably just going to have try the contact form.

They might respond, if you're lucky.

Just be sure not to use the form more than once for any purpose, or they'll punish you for your impudence by sending all of your questions to the bottom of the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ania View Post
          I transfered my Ancestry DNA results to this site about 3 months ago (19th March 2015) & they are still 'Pending',

Should the it not have been done by now?

I ask cos I thought it should only be 48 hours.

PS, I am not refering to the mtDNA Plus test, only did this in the last few weeks.
          Did you pay the $39 fee to unlock matches or use the free transfer which shows your Top 20 matches only?

If free transfer only, do you see your top 20 matches?

You can try PMing Darren here on the forum with your kit number and email address and he may be able to see what is going on with kit.
          http://forums.familytreedna.com/member.php?u=9333

Comment

Ania I don't live in the US either, so I use Skype to ring landlines in the US (or anywhere o/s), only cost around AU3cents per min so less than AU$1 for 30min call.

Comment

You can also send me a private message and I would be happy to see if I can help.

-Darren
              Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
                Did you pay the $39 fee to unlock matches or use the free transfer which shows your Top 20 matches only?

If free transfer only, do you see your top 20 matches?

You can try PMing Darren here on the forum with your kit number and email address and he may be able to see what is going on with kit.
                http://forums.familytreedna.com/member.php?u=9333

I did the unlock my matches.
                Last edited by Ania; 10 June 2015, 07:29 AM. Reason: PS, sorry for a slightly misleading subject title

Comment

Me too :-(

I also paid to transfer my AncestryDNA results on the 4th of June. On the 12th I emailed customer support. On the 18th I received a response asking for my kit number and eventually telling me they were sending my issue to IT with no ETA of resolution (other than "soon"). No fix and no other communication as of today, the 23rd.

I was hoping to order three or four more kits from FTdna in the near future but I'm not very confident in their services at the moment...
                  Last edited by LDC; 23 June 2015, 06:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The free DNA transfer has several glitches that FTDNA is in no hurry to fix, it has been happening for months. Sometime the transfer goes smooth and sometimes it take 3 weeks. If you submitted your request by using their online form then you can expect to wait up to 10 days for a response. If you submit more then one online request then you can expect to wait longer.

Comment

I actually PAID the $39 to transfer my results. I didn't use the free version. Same deal?

Comment

It used to take two to five business days to get the transfers uploaded, but I have since this take sometimes up to two to three weeks.

Management is instituting a number of broad range plans to reduce these turn around times and improve overall efficiency and quality with the transfers and also the testing and matching process in the database.

-Darren
                        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Thanks Darren.
                          I should also mention it says in my account that my results were completed June 9th.
                          I'll try to be more patient...

Comment

Hi LDC,

If you don't mind sending me a private message with your kit number and a contact email address I would be happy to follow up and see what may be going on with your specific account.

-Darren
                            Family Tree DNA

Comment

does the "24 to 48 hour updates delay" affect the display of referrals needed for the free unlock?

Comment

Working...
                              X