X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Lucifer
    replied
    Originally posted by jimjwilliamson View Post
    Sorry to hear that.. I had a new kit in 617 and they delivered on it early yesterday morning.
    Glad to hear it. I just checked mine and it's still 7/01/2015-7/15/2015.

Leave a comment:

• jimjwilliamson
    replied
    Sorry to hear that.. I had a new kit in 617 and they delivered on it early yesterday morning.

Leave a comment:

• jimjwilliamson
    replied
    The kit I had in batch 617 had results up when I checked about 0600 yesterday morning. 37 markers done
    The email did not come in until sometime late last evening, but by then I already had what I needed.

Leave a comment:

• McBlzr
    replied
    Originally posted by McBlzr View Post
    I got my Batch 617 Y-DNA111 results yesterday, June 6th. I was surprised I was expecting July 1st. with all the delays I seen posted.
    Looks like I have one solid match at Y-DNA67 (R-M269)
    Genetic Distance = 7 with my same last surname. But he has NO
    GED file posted, but send him a message that we matched.

Now to try to learn more about all this Y-DNA as I am still very new to it.

I just got email today that I had new match from batch 617. It was for the match I saw on the June 6th results.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Lucifer
    replied
    Batch 617: FTDNA Moves the Goalposts Again

Quelle surprise. That's two delays. Original sample batched 4/08/2015, original projected results date range: 6/03/2015-6/17/2015. Second delay range: 6/17/2015-7/01/2015.

Today, on the first day of the second due date range, checked the kit and it's moved 7/01/2015 - 7/15/2015.

FTDNA, you're just simply a terrible company. That's the only conclusion one can reach. You consistently set low standards and fail to meet them.

Just about the only damned thing you have ever done on schedule was clear a debit card transaction when I ordered a test. Those, strangely enough, go right through, with no delay.

Leave a comment:

• danica
    replied
    My Y-DNA37 results from 617 batch were posted yesterday.

( Didn't get the email, dicovered upon log in )

Hope the rest of you get yours results posted very soon

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Lucifer
    replied
    Tomorrow's the Day. 10 weeks

That's the first day of the delayed range on a Y-DNA kit I bought in March.

I want my stuff.

That is all.

L

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
    I have a Y67 kit batch 613 batched 3/11. The date on that is 6/3 - 6/17. So, it's been twelve weeks today. My cousin wrote me today asking about the results.....hopefull within the next couple weeks. His FF results went through easily.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the Y67 test in Batch 613 came in on 6/12. That was 14 1/2 weeks from batch time. So, it came in according to posted guidelines.

One piece of advise I would give is to make sure the person who is doing the test follows the instructions exactly and also doesn't leave the envelope in a hot car for several days before mailing it. I had one cousin do that. Fortunately, his Y test was fine and wasn't delayed for a 'bad' sample.
    Last edited by Tenn4ever; 14 June 2015, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Lucifer
    replied
    Originally posted by telly441 View Post
    Even if you had your results there is no guarantee that your matches would be right. They are still having issues with one-way matches, Big-Y matches, FF matches, and posting the correct results....but you would have your results.
    Point taken. The last three months have been a complete Charlie Foxtrot as regards my interactions with FTDNA.

The only thing keeping them afloat is that they're essentially still the only game in town.

Leave a comment:

• telly441
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Lucifer View Post
    Three more days to go to the first day of the "extended" range and I'm really hoping it'll be that day (Wednesday). Remember, this has already been delayed once.

I'd much rather be going through my newly reported y-DNA matches than swearing profusely at FTDNA customer service.
    L.
    Even if you had your results there is no guarantee that your matches would be right. They are still having issues with one-way matches, Big-Y matches, FF matches, and posting the correct results....but you would have your results.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Lucifer
    replied
    Three more days to go to the first day of the "extended" range and I'm really hoping it'll be that day (Wednesday). Remember, this has already been delayed once.

I don't want to have to be ugly with people on the phone or via email. I really don't. I've tried to swear off it and (mostly) take the high road, but I've reached the end of my forbearance.

I'd much rather be going through my newly reported y-DNA matches than swearing profusely at FTDNA customer service.
    L.

Leave a comment:

• N21163
    replied
    My Y-DNA12 sample has been in their possession since July 2013. I did not have to send in a new DNA sample. So I guess they just used the old original one.
    Usually FTDNA can conduct a number of tests with the same sample.

Leave a comment:

• McBlzr
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Lucifer View Post
    I'm glad you got your results, but I have a Y-DNA67 in the same batch.

How the hell does that happen?
    My Y-DNA12 sample has been in their possession since July 2013. I did not have to send in a new DNA sample. So I guess they just used the old original one.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Lucifer
    replied
    I got my Batch 617 Y-DNA111 results yesterday, June 6th. I was surprised I was expecting July 1st. with all the delays I seen posted.

I'm glad you got your results, but I have a Y-DNA67 in the same batch.

How the hell does that happen?

Leave a comment:

• McBlzr
    replied
    Batch 617 Y-DNA "watch party"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X