Batch 617 Y-DNA "watch party"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 617 Y-DNA "watch party"

Got a 67 STR test for another project. The initial 8 weeks from batching passed today, with a recent delay until 6/17/2015 - 7/01/2015.

I guess we could pass the time by starting a betting pool on the exact date the results will post.

I'll be optimistic and pick "July 8th"

Originally posted by Uncle Lucifer View Post
    Got a 67 STR test for another project. The initial 8 weeks from batching passed today, with a recent delay until 6/17/2015 - 7/01/2015.

I guess we could pass the time by starting a betting pool on the exact date the results will post.

I'll be optimistic and pick "July 8th"
    Be patriotic! They will done on the 4th of July!

Comment

I have a Y67 kit batch 613 batched 3/11. The date on that is 6/3 - 6/17. So, it's been twelve weeks today. My cousin wrote me today asking about the results.....hopefull within the next couple weeks. His FF results went through easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
        I have a Y67 kit batch 613 batched 3/11. The date on that is 6/3 - 6/17. So, it's been twelve weeks today. My cousin wrote me today asking about the results.....hopefull within the next couple weeks. His FF results went through easily.
        I have 7 DNA tests currently in process, 6 Y-DNA and 1 Big Y, just received the following message for batch 620 & 622 extending the expected date of completion. Looks like the lab may be overloaded again.

**** Results for your Y-DNA testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.****

Kit 1 - Batch 620 = Expected 07/01/2015 - 07/15/2015 ****
        Kit 2 - Batch 622 = Expected 07/29/2015 - 08/12/2015 ****
        Kit 3 - Batch 623 = Expected 07/01/2015 - 07/15/2015
        Kit 4 - Batch 623 = Expected 07/01/2015 - 07/15/2015
        Kit 5 - Batch 623 = Expected 07/01/2015 - 07/15/2015
        Kit 6 - Batch 624 = Expected 07/22/2015 - 08/05/2015
        Kit 7 - Batch 625 = Expected 07/01/2015 - 07/15/2015
        Last edited by K. L. Adams; 3 June 2015, 08:00 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Doesn't this appear to be a pattern to anyone else that for the most part that it the Y-DNA tests that are having the majority of the issues? Didn't they just switch to new equipment to do the Y-DNA tests on because of the reagent/primer issue?
          Last edited by telly441; 7 June 2015, 04:09 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Batch 617 Y-DNA "watch party"

I got my Batch 617 Y-DNA111 results yesterday, June 6th. I was surprised I was expecting July 1st. with all the delays I seen posted.
            Looks like I have one solid match at Y-DNA67 (R-M269)
            Genetic Distance = 7 with my same last surname. But he has NO
            GED file posted, but send him a message that we matched.

Now to try to learn more about all this Y-DNA as I am still very new to it.

Comment

Originally posted by McBlzr View Post
              I got my Batch 617 Y-DNA111 results yesterday, June 6th. I was surprised I was expecting July 1st. with all the delays I seen posted.
              Looks like I have one solid match at Y-DNA67 (R-M269)
              Genetic Distance = 7 with my same last surname. But he has NO
              GED file posted, but send him a message that we matched.

Now to try to learn more about all this Y-DNA as I am still very new to it.
              I'm glad you got your results, but I have a Y-DNA67 in the same batch.

How the hell does that happen?

Comment

I'm glad you got your results, but I have a Y-DNA67 in the same batch.

How the hell does that happen?
                My Y-DNA12 sample has been in their possession since July 2013. I did not have to send in a new DNA sample. So I guess they just used the old original one.

Comment

Originally posted by McBlzr View Post
                  My Y-DNA12 sample has been in their possession since July 2013. I did not have to send in a new DNA sample. So I guess they just used the old original one.
                  Usually FTDNA can conduct a number of tests with the same sample.

Comment

Three more days to go to the first day of the "extended" range and I'm really hoping it'll be that day (Wednesday). Remember, this has already been delayed once.

I don't want to have to be ugly with people on the phone or via email. I really don't. I've tried to swear off it and (mostly) take the high road, but I've reached the end of my forbearance.

I'd much rather be going through my newly reported y-DNA matches than swearing profusely at FTDNA customer service.
                    L.

Comment

Three more days to go to the first day of the "extended" range and I'm really hoping it'll be that day (Wednesday). Remember, this has already been delayed once.

I'd much rather be going through my newly reported y-DNA matches than swearing profusely at FTDNA customer service.
                      L.
                      Even if you had your results there is no guarantee that your matches would be right. They are still having issues with one-way matches, Big-Y matches, FF matches, and posting the correct results....but you would have your results.

Comment

Originally posted by telly441 View Post
                        Even if you had your results there is no guarantee that your matches would be right. They are still having issues with one-way matches, Big-Y matches, FF matches, and posting the correct results....but you would have your results.
                        Point taken. The last three months have been a complete Charlie Foxtrot as regards my interactions with FTDNA.

The only thing keeping them afloat is that they're essentially still the only game in town.

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Y67 test in Batch 613 came in on 6/12. That was 14 1/2 weeks from batch time. So, it came in according to posted guidelines.

One piece of advise I would give is to make sure the person who is doing the test follows the instructions exactly and also doesn't leave the envelope in a hot car for several days before mailing it. I had one cousin do that. Fortunately, his Y test was fine and wasn't delayed for a 'bad' sample.
                          Last edited by Tenn4ever; 14 June 2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Tomorrow's the Day. 10 weeks

That's the first day of the delayed range on a Y-DNA kit I bought in March.

I want my stuff.

That is all.

L

Comment

My Y-DNA37 results from 617 batch were posted yesterday.

( Didn't get the email, dicovered upon log in )

Hope the rest of you get yours results posted very soon

Comment

Working...
                              X