Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't really want to do this...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Didn't really want to do this...

    This message is for Darren.

    I have twice attempted sending you a PM about this issue. Twice it doesn't show in my "sent" folder. So... I feel it's necessary to post it here. Please consider this my "Private PM" to you about this issue.

    I'm writing about a 37->67 upgrade for kit #242251.

    In reality, this upgrade was ordered and paid for a couple weeks earlier, but FT-DNA shows an order date of FEBRUARY 1 for a 37 to 67 upgrade for kit #242251. It was put in batch 608 on Feb. 4.

    A couple days ago, the "expected" dates were pushed ahead again to JUNE 10-24. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened with this upgrade.

    If the results aren't in until then, this means it will have taken 5 months for this upgrade. The donor has not received any communication from FT-DNA.

    In the meantime, my son's brand new yDNA 67-marker test was batched on April 1st and results were posted yesterday, May 28.

    I hate to bother you, but this has pushed my patience to the limit. Can you find out what's going on here?

    Thanks,
    Kathy

  • #2
    Kathy, I can certainly commiserate with you. My last two Y tests have taken an extremely long amount of time. The current test is an upgrade from Y37 to Y111. At 4 1/2 month I became somewhat irate and the panels posted. Because of this I'm afraid that the markers may not even be correct...just something that was posted to get me to quit complaining. Even after all of that the Y Match page doesn't work so I can't even check the matches at the Y67 and Y111 level. I've written Darren (who suggested this about three weeks ago) and also wrote the help desk. At first they appeared to be going to help but nothing has happened in the last month. So, now it has been five months since my test was batched and it basically is still incomplete.

    And, yes, on my private message page it doesn't show that I have private messaged Darren either even though I sent him two messages today.

    Comment


    • #3
      By default private messages aren't saved to the "Sent" folder. If you want the message to appear in your sent folder when writing your message you have to place a check-mark in the box that says "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by travers View Post
        By default private messages aren't saved to the "Sent" folder. If you want the message to appear in your sent folder when writing your message you have to place a check-mark in the box that says "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder."
        Ahhh, thanks. So, guess I will send the same pm for a 3rd time and mark it this time. That way I will have an actual record that I sent the message.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
          Ahhh, thanks. So, guess I will send the same pm for a 3rd time and mark it this time. That way I will have an actual record that I sent the message.
          No

          You call the help desk when they first open for business, Monday, at the correct time, 9 A.M. Central Standard Time. So you call at 9:01 A.M. and you keep calling until you reach a real live human being.

          I have had absolutely no problem contacting the help desk and receiving assistance for a lot of different kits.

          My friend is correct, you must click the check off button for the message to save in your inbox.

          Best wishes,

          K. L. Adams

          Comment


          • #6
            hadn't seen that before

            @travers

            Why, thank you. That's useful information.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
              No

              You call the help desk when they first open for business, Monday, at the correct time, 9 A.M. Central Standard Time. So you call at 9:01 A.M. and you keep calling until you reach a real live human being.

              I have had absolutely no problem contacting the help desk and receiving assistance for a lot of different kits.

              My friend is correct, you must click the check off button for the message to save in your inbox.

              Best wishes,

              K. L. Adams
              Yes, I've called the Help Desk and gotten through but they have really been quite unhelpful. The problems I've had with two particular kits (I have eleven kits) have not been solved with helpdesk personnel.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                Yes, I've called the Help Desk and gotten through but they have really been quite unhelpful. The problems I've had with two particular kits (I have eleven kits) have not been solved with helpdesk personnel.
                Then call the next day and the next day and the next day, until you have the desired results. Learn the name of every help desk employee if that's what it takes.

                Not sure why 2 of 11 your kits has an issue that cannot be fixed by the help desk, unless it is a known IT/database bug issue.

                Anyway, calling help desk has worked for me, I would suggest others to make that there first step in the process.

                What is the problem with your two kits that cannot be resolved by the help desk?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Waiting over 5 months!

                  Been waiting over 5 months! Sent in the test for mtDNA in January, then added a Family Finder. Got the FF but still no mtDNA results. Now it has been pushed back even further resulting in a wait period of over 6 months! I have called, but the response I got was different than the post on my kit# and then I get a new test in the mail. Three different scenarios! Conflicting stories.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sshayward View Post
                    Been waiting over 5 months! Sent in the test for mtDNA in January, then added a Family Finder. Got the FF but still no mtDNA results. Now it has been pushed back even further resulting in a wait period of over 6 months! I have called, but the response I got was different than the post on my kit# and then I get a new test in the mail. Three different scenarios! Conflicting stories.
                    Very odd, you received your results for family finder using your original mtDNA kit, but did not receive your mtDNA results.

                    Now they have sent you a brand new kit instead of using the vials they used for family finder.

                    Have you sent your new kit in and have you been assigned a batch number?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      One kit went 15 weeks with no explanation. I called, emailed and talked/pm'd Darren and I finally got results.

                      The 2nd kit went 18 weeks (4 1/2 months) and I had to use Darren again. The call center girl said she would look into it but she never did. I finally got results after 4 1/2 months but now the Y match page does not work at all. So, even though the panels have posted I can't do any matching. I have emailed about this and the rep was answering the first week promising that the situation would be fixed but it's been a month. I've messaged him twice and he does not respond. Darren had indicated he would send it on up to his manager a couple weeks ago but he hasn't responded either.

                      It makes me think there should be some kind of class action suit against FTDNA .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                        One kit went 15 weeks with no explanation. I called, emailed and talked/pm'd Darren and I finally got results.

                        The 2nd kit went 18 weeks (4 1/2 months) and I had to use Darren again. The call center girl said she would look into it but she never did. I finally got results after 4 1/2 months but now the Y match page does not work at all. So, even though the panels have posted I can't do any matching. I have emailed about this and the rep was answering the first week promising that the situation would be fixed but it's been a month. I've messaged him twice and he does not respond. Darren had indicated he would send it on up to his manager a couple weeks ago but he hasn't responded either.

                        It makes me think there should be some kind of class action suit against FTDNA .
                        Sounds like you have tried everything except contacting the company president, maybe that is what you should do. The communication within the company structure between departments and ultimately to the customer sucks and top management is responsible for that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                          One kit went 15 weeks with no explanation. I called, emailed and talked/pm'd Darren and I finally got results.

                          The 2nd kit went 18 weeks (4 1/2 months) and I had to use Darren again. The call center girl said she would look into it but she never did. I finally got results after 4 1/2 months but now the Y match page does not work at all. So, even though the panels have posted I can't do any matching. I have emailed about this and the rep was answering the first week promising that the situation would be fixed but it's been a month. I've messaged him twice and he does not respond. Darren had indicated he would send it on up to his manager a couple weeks ago but he hasn't responded either.

                          It makes me think there should be some kind of class action suit against FTDNA .
                          This is the current estimate for the different test. It would be interesting for ftDNA to post the actual number of tests completed each month and the % on time.

                          Hard to tell from this forum how bad the problem, because you will never hear from the folks that are happy.

                          No matter the % that do not meet the deadline, not good if your in that group that did not meet ETA of results.

                          As of May 26, 2015, our testing is running per normal turn around, except the following delays:

                          mtDNA – 9 to 11 weeks

                          Y-DNA -10 to 13 weeks

                          Family Finder – 5 to 6
                          Last edited by K. L. Adams; 30 May 2015, 04:05 PM. Reason: typo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Same batch 606

                            Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
                            Very odd, you received your results for family finder using your original mtDNA kit, but did not receive your mtDNA results.

                            Now they have sent you a brand new kit instead of using the vials they used for family finder.

                            Have you sent your new kit in and have you been assigned a batch number?
                            The batch #606 did not change. They didn't assign a new kit#, just sent me a new test. I have confirmed they received it around May 7. MtDNA test is now scheduled for June17-July1.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              delays delays delays

                              Same issue here. Waiting for Y-DNA 37 marker results

                              Mailed my Sample in January, batched Feb 14 in BATCH 609

                              last week they again changed the waiting time to June 10-24

                              it is very frustrating. I suspect they mixed the samples up or misplaced them

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X