Y matches not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y matches not showing

So I get an exciting email saying one of my kits has a Y37 match....All day today I have been trying to take a look. I can get the FF stuff but nothing happens at all in response to getting into ANY Y info. Can not access the Y at all. What is going on? I have not taken the time to try to access my other 26 kits as I have been spending a lot of time just trying to access this kit's Y info.

Yesterday, Friday 29, the system was timing out only when I tried to look at the y matches for two male donor kits. One kit is several years old, and the second kit got its results this week. This morning the y matches for both kits have displayed. Slowly. Try again maybe? Sigh.

Comment

And screech! The new kit has three y matches, all at the 67 marker level. The closest match is genetic distance of 3 with the same surname as the dna donor-- but no contact information or ancestral information at all. headdesk

Comment

It is the next day and just tried again. Houston...error message....when I try to see any Y stuff. This is not a new kit-3 yrs old but the new 37 match is ......so what is the problem here? Anyone else having the problem trying to look at y stuff on an older kit?????

Comment

I just got a new Y-37 match (exciting!) and it shows in my match list - but my brother, cousin, and other Y-37 match no longer show up there! Interesting...

Comment

Last night I checked AGAIN and also one other older kit-still inaccessible regarding ANYTHING with the Y...Houston-error notice after a long wait. I have over 25 kits w FTDNA and I have never had this issue before in the past 3 years..HELP....I have sent a notice regarding the one kit but it will take time to get thru ALL kits to see if ANY Y stuff is working. Does any tech from FTDNA follow these inquiries? Makes me very concerned about ordering more kits for my project. I have poured a ton of my money into this company.

Comment

Originally posted by TMontes View Post
              Last night I checked AGAIN and also one other older kit-still inaccessible regarding ANYTHING with the Y...Houston-error notice after a long wait. I have over 25 kits w FTDNA and I have never had this issue before in the past 3 years..HELP....I have sent a notice regarding the one kit but it will take time to get thru ALL kits to see if ANY Y stuff is working. Does any tech from FTDNA follow these inquiries? Makes me very concerned about ordering more kits for my project. I have poured a ton of my money into this company.
              Darren is the only that monitors the forums from FTDNA. Your best bet is to either file a online trouble ticket or to call them. If you file a online trouble ticket it could take 5-10 days for them to get back to you (from my experience).

Comment

I emailed a ticket and have tried to call several times but only get a busy signal. I was planning on ordering a bunch more kits for my project BUT I think I will wait....WHEN I have time I will slowly check my other 25ish kits an see if the same issue exists....never did before over the past 3 years.

Comment

Well, after hearing from a guy who has 40 kits and can not access ANY OF THEM, I guess I don't feel so bad. So I just tried 9 of my over 25 accounts-only 1 worked fine, the others go no where when you click on the Y info or the matches. I am unable to even sign out for each account-except the one that worked. Yes, I have emailed FTDNA. It is now going on day 5.......

Comment

It has now been more then 30 days since I have been able to see any data from my Big-Y matches. I can the new matches, I can contact the new matches but we can't compare our data to seen actually how close we match. I receive notifications that I have new Y-DNA matches yet I cant see them. Is this what I have spent over $1000 for?????? I thought FTDNA was a reputable company but know I know better. I thought that FTDNA was a leader in Genetic Testing but now I know better. FTDNA is just a company who doesn't care about their customers or their research and all out for taking the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X