Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattn
    replied
    Earlier this year FTDNA was shipping out at least some kits through Oklahoma City as I had 3 kits from April through June go out that way. The kits all arrived within a few days and had tracking on the kits which made it nice if you were shipping the kits to someone else to know that that person received the kit.

Does anybody know if FTDNA is still doing this? I ordered a kit a week and a half ago and never received a shipping confirmation with a tracking number like I had in the past 3 kits I ordered. The person said they haven't received the kit yet and I have no way to track it other than on the kit page it says it shipped out on Sep 8. My guess is it when through the North Houston USPS and was sitting there for quite a few days. It would be nice if FTDNA started providing us with a tracking number again, for what we pay in shipping we should receive one.

Leave a comment:

• K. L. Adams
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexey_Minko View Post
    OK. Give me please a link on complaint form of USPS.
    Open USPS.com
    Enter Tracking number in search box (upper right)
    Look on available actions right side of page and you should have the option available. It may use the verbiage "investigate", "Late, Delayed" or something like that?

Unfortunately, I do not have a kit in route to Houston to check, so when I go the page it shows nothing under available actions when I use a old completed tracking number.

I have an USPS.com account to manage my packages and you may have to create an free account to get this option for late, delayed packages.

Go to this link: http://faq.usps.com/

And click on "What Options Exist for Late, Lost, or No Delivery of Mail?"

You can always call the help number they provide in the FAQ in the above link.

Hope that helps. Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Alexey_Minko
    replied
    OK. Give me please a link on complaint form of USPS.

Leave a comment:

• K. L. Adams
    replied
    Thanks for information!
    I ordered a kit by invoice. I paid via PayPal.
    OK, must I wait in FTDNA status "received" instead "pending"?
    Go to USPS.com and submit a complaint. you will receive a complaint number and they will investigate and someone from the USPS.com will follow up with a phone call.

it has always worked for me when one of my kits get hung up in the North Houston mail facility.

Leave a comment:

• Alexey_Minko
    replied
    Thanks for information!
    I ordered a kit by invoice. I paid via PayPal.
    OK, must I wait in FTDNA status "received" instead "pending"?

Leave a comment:

• jbarry6899
    replied
    Hello all! I sent a kit to FTDNA at 8th July 2015 from Moscou. And when my kit was imported in USA I saw in my tracking miracles! First big delay was in Teterboro, second -in North Houston TX77315!! You can see my track http://trackitonline.ru/?tn=RA369864446RU
    and USPS track https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=RA369864446RU
    I dont understand why my parcel walks in USA. What should I do? Help me, please
    That is about an average delay. You don't need to do anything; your test may be batched next week or the week after. This was posted on facebook by an FTDNA employee about delays at the Houston PO:

Packages are usually scanned as "delivered" while they're still at the post office, then put in a bag that can hold up to 400 kits to be delivered to the building. Sometimes they deliver the bags right away, sometimes they don't. Once the bag actually reaches the office, it can take 2-3 days to get checked in, depending on how many bags are delivered at a time. If you mailed it in the post-paid envelope, you can write to Help Desk to check the tracking.

Leave a comment:

• Alexey_Minko
    replied
    Big postal delay from Russia!

Hello all! I sent a kit to FTDNA at 8th July 2015 from Moscou. And when my kit was imported in USA I saw in my tracking miracles! First big delay was in Teterboro, second -in North Houston TX77315!! You can see my track http://trackitonline.ru/?tn=RA369864446RU
    and USPS track https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=RA369864446RU
    I dont understand why my parcel walks in USA. What should I do? Help me, please

Leave a comment:

• owen
    replied
    Good news! It was Delivered just now! The kit owner feel very anxious about it before.

June 3, 2015 , 3:06 pm Delivered HOUSTON, TX 77008

It is International mail.

Postal Product:Priority Mail Express International™
    Features:PO to Addressee
    Last edited by owen; 3 June 2015, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    Originally posted by owen View Post
    what happened to FTDNA? No Authorized Recipient Available twice

Date & Time Status of Item Location

June 3, 2015 , 11:25 am Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) HOUSTON, TX 77008

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:25 am on June 3, 2015 in HOUSTON, TX 77008 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting http://www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 5 days then it will be returned to the sender.

June 2, 2015 , 10:46 am Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) HOUSTON, TX 77008
    June 2, 2015 , 10:19 am Out for Delivery HOUSTON, TX 77008
    June 2, 2015 , 10:09 am Sorting Complete HOUSTON, TX 77008
    June 2, 2015 , 10:08 am Arrived at Post Office HOUSTON, TX 77008
    Did you by any chance request a signature?

W. (Mr.)

Leave a comment:

• owen
    replied
    No Authorized Recipient Available twice

what happened to FTDNA? No Authorized Recipient Available twice

Date & Time Status of Item Location

June 3, 2015 , 11:25 am Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) HOUSTON, TX 77008

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:25 am on June 3, 2015 in HOUSTON, TX 77008 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting http://www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 5 days then it will be returned to the sender.

June 2, 2015 , 10:46 am Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) HOUSTON, TX 77008
    June 2, 2015 , 10:19 am Out for Delivery HOUSTON, TX 77008
    June 2, 2015 , 10:09 am Sorting Complete HOUSTON, TX 77008
    June 2, 2015 , 10:08 am Arrived at Post Office HOUSTON, TX 77008

Leave a comment:

• loudam
    replied
    I Ordered 2 kits on the 30th April from Ireland and they arrived on the 13th May, they were posted from Ireland back to Texas on the 20th May, they arrived in the US on the 21st May, 1 was marked as delivered on the 28th May, I got tracking notification email, the second wasn't marked as delivered until yesterday but delivery date was also 28th May, I got 2 emails from ftdna yesterday saying both kits were recievd..

delivery emails from ftdna were sent the last 2 times I ordered kits about a week after they showed up in their systems as being recieved...

Leave a comment:

• K. L. Adams
    replied
    Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
    Not bad on this kit of mine being delivered. I asked for email updates. Interesting that it was delivered at 9:09 pm. I am assuming that it is a drop box of some type for ftDNA or the actual time is a hoax.

On Time
    Expected Delivery Date: May 29, 2015

Service Type: USPS Tracking™
    Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Delivered HOUSTON, TX 77008 May 28, 2015 9:09 pm
    Arrived at Post Office HOUSTON, TX 77008 May 28, 2015 12:18 pm
    Departed USPS Origin Facility HOUSTON, TX 77201 May 27, 2015 5:21 pm
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility HOUSTON, TX 77201 May 27, 2015 5:18 pm
    Departed USPS Facility PENSACOLA, FL 32522 May 26, 2015 10:14 pm
    Arrived at USPS Facility PENSACOLA, FL 32522 May 26, 2015 9:21 pm
    Departed Post Office MILTON, FL 32570 May 26, 2015 6:34 pm
    Acceptance MILTON, FL 32570 May 26, 2015 10:56 am
    A little bit of follow up. ftDNA provided email notification today that the kit listed above was received by the lab @ 6/1/2015 10:20 AM, today.

Not too bad, but you can see how long it takes on average (normal?) for a kit to arrive at ftDNA after it is mailed.

The clock does not start ticking until the kit is batched, so this will be a good test to see how long this takes.

Leave a comment:

• GoofusBroadway
    replied
    Originally posted by travers View Post
    From FTDNA Facebook post:

"Our post office collects incoming kits until they have a few large bags and then they are all delivered together."
    Yeah... the post office wouldn't do this unless FT-DNA authorized it.

k.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    Originally posted by GoofusBroadway View Post
    To the best of my knowledge the USPS doesn't play hoaxes.
    I strongly suspect that they do. More precisely, I suspect that some USPS personnel simply mark packages delivered at the end of the workday, even if they didn't "get around" to delivering them.

For the second time now, a package intended for me has been marked as delivered even though it did not really arrive yet. Look at the suspicious timestamp:

May 30, 2015 , 5:01 pm
    Delivered, In/At Mailbox
    AURORA, IL 60502

5:01 pm, also known as quitting time. Just as happened last time, I suspect that the carrier will "get around" to delivering my package today.

Needless to say, I live in an ordinary single-family home. I do not have any kind of will-call service, post office box, or other such arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Originally posted by travers View Post
    From FTDNA Facebook post:

"Our post office collects incoming kits until they have a few large bags and then they are all delivered together."
    So, a built-in delay at the Houston post office end.

Presumably that's the arrangement that suits FTDNA management, or it would have arranged a daily collection via its own staff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X