Postal Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexey_Minko View Post
    Hello all! I sent a kit to FTDNA at 8th July 2015 from Moscou. And when my kit was imported in USA I saw in my tracking miracles! First big delay was in Teterboro, second -in North Houston TX77315!! You can see my track http://trackitonline.ru/?tn=RA369864446RU
    and USPS track https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=RA369864446RU
    I dont understand why my parcel walks in USA. What should I do? Help me, please
    That is about an average delay. You don't need to do anything; your test may be batched next week or the week after. This was posted on facebook by an FTDNA employee about delays at the Houston PO:

Packages are usually scanned as "delivered" while they're still at the post office, then put in a bag that can hold up to 400 kits to be delivered to the building. Sometimes they deliver the bags right away, sometimes they don't. Once the bag actually reaches the office, it can take 2-3 days to get checked in, depending on how many bags are delivered at a time. If you mailed it in the post-paid envelope, you can write to Help Desk to check the tracking.

Comment

Thanks for information!
      I ordered a kit by invoice. I paid via PayPal.
      OK, must I wait in FTDNA status "received" instead "pending"?

Comment

Thanks for information!
        I ordered a kit by invoice. I paid via PayPal.
        OK, must I wait in FTDNA status "received" instead "pending"?
        Go to USPS.com and submit a complaint. you will receive a complaint number and they will investigate and someone from the USPS.com will follow up with a phone call.

it has always worked for me when one of my kits get hung up in the North Houston mail facility.

Comment

OK. Give me please a link on complaint form of USPS.

Comment

OK. Give me please a link on complaint form of USPS.
            Open USPS.com
            Enter Tracking number in search box (upper right)
            Look on available actions right side of page and you should have the option available. It may use the verbiage "investigate", "Late, Delayed" or something like that?

Unfortunately, I do not have a kit in route to Houston to check, so when I go the page it shows nothing under available actions when I use a old completed tracking number.

I have an USPS.com account to manage my packages and you may have to create an free account to get this option for late, delayed packages.

Go to this link: http://faq.usps.com/

And click on "What Options Exist for Late, Lost, or No Delivery of Mail?"

You can always call the help number they provide in the FAQ in the above link.

Hope that helps. Kevin

Comment

Earlier this year FTDNA was shipping out at least some kits through Oklahoma City as I had 3 kits from April through June go out that way. The kits all arrived within a few days and had tracking on the kits which made it nice if you were shipping the kits to someone else to know that that person received the kit.

Does anybody know if FTDNA is still doing this? I ordered a kit a week and a half ago and never received a shipping confirmation with a tracking number like I had in the past 3 kits I ordered. The person said they haven't received the kit yet and I have no way to track it other than on the kit page it says it shipped out on Sep 8. My guess is it when through the North Houston USPS and was sitting there for quite a few days. It would be nice if FTDNA started providing us with a tracking number again, for what we pay in shipping we should receive one.

Comment

Working...
              X