Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

batch 622

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • batch 622

    I just noticed that batch 622 expected date was moved back to june 26-july 7. This is for a Y upgrade from 12 to 37 markers. Ordered on may 8. Anyone else waiting? I don't know much about sequencing these microsattelites for repeats; I do know that sequencing DNA generally is so fast now that 7 weeks seems unreasonable.

  • #2
    Originally posted by penguin View Post
    I just noticed that batch 622 expected date was moved back to june 26-july 7. This is for a Y upgrade from 12 to 37 markers. Ordered on may 8. Anyone else waiting? I don't know much about sequencing these microsattelites for repeats; I do know that sequencing DNA generally is so fast now that 7 weeks seems unreasonable.
    Not every test is NGS. Also, with testing for genealogy, accuracy is much more important than speed, so the coverage is higher.

    The Family Tree DNA Learning Center offers the following information about processing times
    After I return the kit, how long will results take?
    http://www.familytreedna.com/learn/t...-results-take/

    W. (Mr.)

    Comment


    • #3
      Speed of Z253 test?

      I'm in batch 622, still listed as pending. But, I am testing a Z253 panel at the behest of my project admin (I am confirmed L226) and not a Y test. Rather curious is there are different arrival times based upon the test requested. My sample is already in FTDNA's hands (for FF, Y67, L226).
      Last edited by BBA64; 26 May 2015, 08:50 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BBA64 View Post
        I'm in batch 622, still listed as pending. But, I am testing a Z253 panel at the behest of my project admin (I am confirmed L226) and not a Y test. Rather curious is there are different arrival times based upon the test requested. My sample is already in FTDNA's hands (for FF, Y67, L226).
        The Family Tree DNA Learning Center offers the following information about processing times
        After I return the kit, how long will results take?
        http://www.familytreedna.com/learn/t...-results-take/

        W. (Mr.)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dna View Post
          The Family Tree DNA Learning Center offers the following information about processing times
          After I return the kit, how long will results take?
          http://www.familytreedna.com/learn/t...-results-take/

          W. (Mr.)
          I see, but that doesn't give much of a clue for SNP tests (which is why I asked here). I appreciate the link, however.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think a month ago the schedule was more detailed, that is all the tests were listed...

            I would read the current information as 8 weeks for an SNP test.

            W. (Mr.)

            Comment


            • #7
              In the last 2 months I did two snp test that returned in 3 weeks, ff takes more time so I wouldnt worry about the snp test.

              Comment


              • #8
                In the past 6 months I have ordered several single snp tests and they vary on the completion time. One took 4 weeks, one took 6 weeks and I am still waiting on one and it has been 14 weeks so far.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, the Family Finder I ordered in this batch came back with results on 6/8. My Origins and the raw data aren't available yet but I can use chromosome browser on my matches. Kind of surprised it's in so quickly. Hope everything else gets back in soon.

                  Batched 05/13/2015 622
                  Completed 06/08/2015 622

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by penguin View Post
                    I just noticed that batch 622 expected date was moved back to june 26-july 7. This is for a Y upgrade from 12 to 37 markers. Ordered on may 8. Anyone else waiting? I don't know much about sequencing these microsattelites for repeats; I do know that sequencing DNA generally is so fast now that 7 weeks seems unreasonable.
                    I'm on Batch 621, ordered 67 markers on May 1st and the estimated date is the 22nd of July at the earliest, this is ridiculous!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Longer delay

                      Originally posted by John Doe View Post
                      I'm on Batch 621, ordered 67 markers on May 1st and the estimated date is the 22nd of July at the earliest, this is ridiculous!
                      Um, I'm still waiting for a 67 marker upgrade from Batch 603. It has now been 24 weeks since the order was placed and 23 weeks since it was batched. So FTDNA hasn't managed to meet its Y-DNA estimate of 10-13 weeks within 10+13 weeks on mine. And today its ETA was bumped from 6/10-6/24 to 6/24-7/8. I've had 31 test orders on 5 kits (from Family Finder to Y-DNA to multiple SNPs to Big Y's) over the last 18 months and this is the longest open order I've had.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        411061

                        Y-DNA12
                        Batched 05/13/2015 622
                        Completed Pending 622

                        new "Expected Date" 07/29/2015 - 08/12/2015

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 263026 View Post
                          411061

                          Y-DNA12
                          Batched 05/13/2015 622
                          Completed Pending 622

                          new "Expected Date" 07/29/2015 - 08/12/2015
                          complited

                          05/13-07/27
                          2,5 ms for 12m

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X