Not a Gripe but just wondering....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Gripe but just wondering....

Very surprising. I have been on FTDNA for over two years and now have a total of 11 autosomal kits. There were NO new matches this week on a single kit. Actually, there have been no new matches on any of them since May 1. Isn't that unusual??

Neither of the kits I manage have had matches since April 29th. Both have over 1,000 matches, so they usually get at least a few every update.

It's rather unusual to not get any for over a week. My guess is that an entire FF match had to be rerun.

Comment

My last match was 29th April too. I've been wondering why there were no new ones this week, I thought it was just me.

Comment

It appears to me that nobody posted about receiving Family Finder results this week. No new results = no new matches.

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
        Weird...

Comment

I have 4 matches ON 4/29 and 1 on May 1. Still... nothing this week!

Comment

Of the three kits I manage, I had one match on 5/8. The previous ones were three on 5/1. That is a whole lot off of the normal rate, but maybe there is hope.

Comment

no results on ff matches

You are correct...I have 4 kits and no matches since 4/29. Not a good sign in my opinion. Now when I try to check it gives me the usual "Houston you have a problem"...boy do you!! Yes and mine is a gripe!!

Comment

I suspect they maybe working on why some kits are missing some matches before the update database with new kits

http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37648

http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37642

http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37599

Comment

Just went back and checked my 11 kits. Seven kits have had no matches since 4/29. One kit had one match on May 1. One kit had one match on May 1 and one on May 8. Two kits had two matches on May 8.

This is quite a bit off the norm as all these families go back to colonial America and before that mostly western Europe and the British Isles so we get several matches each week.

I know there are some bugs in the system in different areas so maybe FT is working on those.

Comment

My kits have had no new matches since April 29. Looks to me like FTDNA is trying to do too many different things and please too many kinds of customers. Maybe it's time to spin off or sell Family Finder, and evolve into a niche business focused on high-end testing and special projects.

Comment

Checking thru some of my Family Finders kits I am showing new matches on 4/28, 5/1, and 5/8 but not very many new matches.

Comment

None or very few matches this week for any

of the kits I'm involved with. And of course no information from FTDNA.

Comment

I've been checking several times a day for several days for a match with someone. I had gotten him to order a kit as a distant relative. Last night his name shows up with the date April 29th. This is along with the other April 29 matches I've had since April 29th. Today I notice 4 matches on my kit dated May 13th, but nothing in between April 29 and May 13.

My total matches are 109 pages for comparison.

Comment

Just received a couple matches on a few of my kits today (5/13/15)

Comment

Missing Matches

Yep..no new matches between 4/29 and 5/12. Finally had a couple show up.I've never gone more than a few days with out a new match. Strange Gedmatch is down, no new matches here, 23andMe or Ancestry for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X