Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boutrosdu93
    replied
    not really mine is being delayed have you missed it?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Placed Order

Thanks for the feedback on timing everyone. Since it seemed like FTDNA's lab was back on track as far as the timely processing of Big Y orders, I went ahead and placed my order this morning.

I don't expert to learn much, as least initially, because I don't have any close matches (none at 111 and a 7 at 67 markers), but I wanted to be waiting there with my data in place for when someone close surfaces.

With this, I think I am done for now because I am already on 23andme, ancestry.com, FTDNA (111, autosomal transfer and Big Y), GEDmatch, Ysearch and yseq (Scots Panel). What is left - some European-based service such as ScotlandsDNA (which I have heard might be a bit of a scam)? Yet, after all of this, my Y line goes dark at my paternal GGF.

Leave a comment:

• boutrosdu93
    replied
    mmm which batch number ? cause sometimes it's quick but not complete beware

Leave a comment:

• owen
    replied
    one extremely fast big Y, batched this month, already received results.

Leave a comment:

• T E Peterman
    replied
    I had two Big Ys ordered in June & both were completed by the end of July.

Timothy Peterman

Leave a comment:

• Doublemartini
    replied
    I ordered Big Y on 16 Jun 2015 and got the results on 20 Jul 2015. They were forecast for late August or September I seem to recall. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

replied
    How Long for Big Y?

I asked about timing on this a few months ago while FTDNA was having lots of delays. The responses were a mixed bag, and I had other distractions, so I put it all aside for a few months.

What has been the recent experience (I.e, July or August, 2015) or people with samples on file ordering the Big Y?

Thanks much.

Leave a comment:

• jedikatie
    replied
    My dad's Big Y test was batched on 4/29 in batch 620, and we got the results today, 5/21... I honestly wasn't expecting them for a couple more weeks, but I'm definitely not complaining about getting the results in 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by teyoung View Post
    I have a friend that had one batched on April 8th and complete on May 6th.
    Y testing or Family Finder (autosomal) ?? That's reasonable for Family Finder autosomal results but not for Y test results.

Leave a comment:

• teyoung
    replied
    I have a friend that had one batched on April 8th and complete on May 6th.

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    replied
    Responded to your other post here: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...d=1#post410350

-Darren

Leave a comment:

• jova99
    replied
    12 to 16 months

I am surpassed this firm will still be in business next year.

They are not able to get results back in 6 months ...

Buyer be ware ...you have been warned...

Leave a comment:

• silhouettecutter
    replied
    Im still waiting

My brother sent in his Big Y test in December. After two delays I finally wrote them and they said they had to redo his test. We are still waiting for the results. NOT happy!
    I hope it is worth all these delays.
    Pam

Leave a comment:

• jbarry6899
    replied
    Originally posted by dna View Post
    For me, the function works for matches from match date 2015-04-11 and earlier, while it does not for matches from 2015-04-28 and later.

W. (Mr.)
    Yes, same for me. I reported that to Michael in CS.

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    Originally posted by D F Ervin View Post
    Jim,
    I get the same errors when clicking on the shared novel variants beside my two matches. Either a blank is displayed, or a popup appears indicating a datatables error.

David
    For me, the function works for matches from match date 2015-04-11 and earlier, while it does not for matches from 2015-04-28 and later.

W. (Mr.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X