How Long for Big Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 to 16 months

I am surpassed this firm will still be in business next year.

They are not able to get results back in 6 months ...

Buyer be ware ...you have been warned...

Comment

Responded to your other post here: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...d=1#post410350

-Darren

Comment

I have a friend that had one batched on April 8th and complete on May 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by teyoung View Post
          I have a friend that had one batched on April 8th and complete on May 6th.
          Y testing or Family Finder (autosomal) ?? That's reasonable for Family Finder autosomal results but not for Y test results.

Comment

My dad's Big Y test was batched on 4/29 in batch 620, and we got the results today, 5/21... I honestly wasn't expecting them for a couple more weeks, but I'm definitely not complaining about getting the results in 3 weeks.

Comment

How Long for Big Y?

I asked about timing on this a few months ago while FTDNA was having lots of delays. The responses were a mixed bag, and I had other distractions, so I put it all aside for a few months.

What has been the recent experience (I.e, July or August, 2015) or people with samples on file ordering the Big Y?

Thanks much.

Comment

I ordered Big Y on 16 Jun 2015 and got the results on 20 Jul 2015. They were forecast for late August or September I seem to recall. Hope this helps.

Comment

I had two Big Ys ordered in June & both were completed by the end of July.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

one extremely fast big Y, batched this month, already received results.

Comment

mmm which batch number ? cause sometimes it's quick but not complete beware

Comment

Placed Order

Thanks for the feedback on timing everyone. Since it seemed like FTDNA's lab was back on track as far as the timely processing of Big Y orders, I went ahead and placed my order this morning.

I don't expert to learn much, as least initially, because I don't have any close matches (none at 111 and a 7 at 67 markers), but I wanted to be waiting there with my data in place for when someone close surfaces.

With this, I think I am done for now because I am already on 23andme, ancestry.com, FTDNA (111, autosomal transfer and Big Y), GEDmatch, Ysearch and yseq (Scots Panel). What is left - some European-based service such as ScotlandsDNA (which I have heard might be a bit of a scam)? Yet, after all of this, my Y line goes dark at my paternal GGF.

Comment

not really mine is being delayed have you missed it?

Comment

Working...
                          X