How Long for Big Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long for Big Y

I was thinking of ordering a Big Y test, but the delays on 2 of the 3 of the last tests pissed me off so much, I am not sure. What has been the experience of others over the last 30 to 60 days?

Some of my project members have gotten Big Y results within 5 weeks. But FTDNA's latest estimate is more conservative: 8-9 weeks for the Big Y.

Keep in mind that the $100-off coupon (DNADayBigY) expires Thursday night (April 30).

Comment

Our project just got the SNP results in 5 weeks; matches have not yet posted a day after the SNPs showed up.

Comment

Past performance (5 weeks)

Batch 616:
        2015-04-01 batched
        2015-05-05 completed

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Mine.

Big Y
          Ordered 03/22/2015
          Batched 03/25/2015
          Completed 04/28/2015

Comment

Originally posted by AdamYZ View Post
            Mine.

Big Y
            Ordered 03/22/2015
            Batched 03/25/2015
            Completed 04/28/2015
            Our project got another test back today. Five weeks for SNP results; matches still processing. About five days to get BAM files.

Comment

Big Y
              Ordered 03/05/2015 613
              Batched 03/11/2015 613
              Pending - expected 05/06/2015 - 05/20/2015

Coming up to 8 weeks from batch date....just depends on the batch and sample I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
                Big Y
                Ordered 03/05/2015 613
                Batched 03/11/2015 613
                Pending - expected 05/06/2015 - 05/20/2015

Coming up to 8 weeks from batch date....just depends on the batch and sample I guess.
                I wrote to ftdna on the 28th of April inquiring about turn around times for Big Y results and received the following response:

"Thank you for your message. The Big Y's have been running on time consistently with about an 8 to 9 week turn around time. Based on when your testing went to the lab we should be seeing the results within the next week or two. I would think May 20 would be the far end of that time frame and expect, provided everything clears all stages of quality control, we should see results before then. "

Scratch that idea...I have just received this message on my ftdna page:

"Results for your Big Y testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control."

Expected dates are now almost a month away:
                06/03/2015 - 06/17/2015

Why not just say "honestly we don't know" ?

Comment

My results for Big Y were posted today, May 6th.
                  Batch 615 on 3/25/15
                  They were projected to be ready by May 20th.

David

Comment

Originally posted by D F Ervin View Post
                    My results for Big Y were posted today, May 6th.
                    Batch 615 on 3/25/15
                    They were projected to be ready by May 20th.

David
                    On another thread I reported a glitch with the last two BigY kits in our project. We have been unable to use the novel SNP matching functions. If I click on the Shared Novel SNPs for any of the matches I get either empty panels or an error message, and the drop down menu for Shared Novel Variants does not work. I have been exchanging emails with customer service and they are working on it. Please let me know if those functions are working for you.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Jim,
                      I get the same errors when clicking on the shared novel variants beside my two matches. Either a blank is displayed, or a popup appears indicating a datatables error.

David

Comment

Jim,
                        I get the same errors when clicking on the shared novel variants beside my two matches. Either a blank is displayed, or a popup appears indicating a datatables error.

David
                        Thanks, David--Michael from customer support assured me that IT is working on the issue and that he will keep me informed. I'll post when the problem is resolved.

Comment

Jim,

David
                          For me, the function works for matches from match date 2015-04-11 and earlier, while it does not for matches from 2015-04-28 and later.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                            For me, the function works for matches from match date 2015-04-11 and earlier, while it does not for matches from 2015-04-28 and later.

W. (Mr.)
                            Yes, same for me. I reported that to Michael in CS.

Comment

Im still waiting

My brother sent in his Big Y test in December. After two delays I finally wrote them and they said they had to redo his test. We are still waiting for the results. NOT happy!
                              I hope it is worth all these delays.
                              Pam

Comment

Working...
                              X