Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jsarnacki
    replied
    Usually you get them all at once, and then in future weeks they will "trickle in" as they have new people tested, assuming you have people who test that match you.

This week however, there have been technical glitches with existing matches, so they might still be coming in... don't know!

Hope you get more matches! I have 600+ but my husband only has something like 219 matches. Half of my family started coming to this country pre-revolution and the rest by 1895. My husband's family all came around the 1890's. My family has lots of people having tons of kids. His family only has a couple kids for the most part. Thus... he has way less matches than me! Our kids are somewhere in between. They have similar match counts, but some different matches for each kid. Waiting on my dad's... he has the large pre-revolution family... he should have a lot more matches (I hope).

Leave a comment:

• Cami
    replied
    Originally posted by ymgve View Post
    Just noticed my batch 615 FF matches have started showing up. Do they come in bit by bit, or do they come all at once?
    I'm curious about this too.
    My FamilyFinder is still "awaiting results", but today I see my first 9 matches. Am I going to get more matches once the test is complete or is that it?

Leave a comment:

• LadyAlaise
    replied
    Originally posted by Mud Clerk View Post

I paid for the test on Jan. 02, 2015.
    It's been about 15.30 weeks so far.

This has caused me much gnashing of teeth and over consumption of comfort foods .

I wish you better luck.
    I know right??? LOL I need to justify the late nights spent in front of my computer screen bleary eyed on whispered prayers and insane amounts of chocolate waiting for my results the last few weeks lol
    and dear god I hope I won't have to wait that long! I feel for you Clerk!

Leave a comment:

• LadyAlaise
    replied
    LOL Chester
    Congrats on your results too! Wish mine would come in lol. The suspense is gnawing.

Leave a comment:

• Chester
    replied
    Now, if I can just figure out what in the hell I'm doing...

Leave a comment:

• Chester
    replied
    I'm in batch 616, expected results - 04/22/2015 - 05/06/2015.

I've started getting matches in today, very late in the day.

615 shouldn't be far behind.

Leave a comment:

• LadyAlaise
    replied
    Congrats on some matches coming in!
    I just went to my matches page and nada; it says "This Test is Currently on Order and matching will be possible when results come back"...(sigh)...

Leave a comment:

• Mud Clerk
    replied
    Batch 615

I'm in batch #604.

I haven't received my results yet.
    They estimate it could be another 4 to 6 weeks but they can't really say for sure. They said I had failed to yield the right-of-way or results or something like that. At least they haven't fined me.

I paid for the test on Jan. 02, 2015.
    It's been about 15.30 weeks so far.

This has caused me much gnashing of teeth and over consumption of comfort foods .

I wish you better luck.

Leave a comment:

• ymgve
    replied
    Just noticed my batch 615 FF matches have started showing up. Do they come in bit by bit, or do they come all at once? 400 matches seem a bit small, though the thresholds for matching seem to be larger than at 23andme.

Leave a comment:

• Bulbahad
    replied
    Results are right on schedule

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but it seems that Batch 615's FF results seem to be right on schedule.

Many people in Batch 612, of which I was a part of, received their FF results on April 9th; however, a lucky few did receive them the previous week. If things continue to go well, I would expect the majority of Batch 615's FF results to be posted on April 30th.

If you ordered a Y-DNA test, I don't know what to tell you. Some people have reported waiting over 16 weeks for their results, while a lucky few in Batch 611 seem to have received them as early as last week. My own Y-DNA results have been postponed to May 20th - June 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• LadyAlaise
    replied
    Ok then, maybe I am misunderstanding the layout of the order history?
    (See attached Image)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lucas27
    replied
    I noticed that some in this thread are from batch 616 and have received their Family Finder results last week. I am also from 616 but have not received any results yet. Is it standard for Family Finder tests to be completed in batches within a batch or is this room for concern that my kit may have required retesting? I still have until 06/05/15 until my expected time range is exhausted so I know that I should not be complaining as of yet. However, it did take my kit 49 days from when I mailed it to reach the lab which left me a little bit discouraged from the start with this process.

Leave a comment:

• lucas27
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyAlaise View Post
    which would be super annoying as my kit/dna for Family Finder (and by inclusion, autosomal) was completed very early on; all that needs to be done is for my results to be posted. W
    How were you able to arrive at the conclusion that your Family Finder test has been completed? It is my understanding that under the "Order History" section if "Pending" is indicated as the entry under the "Date" column adjacent to the entry "Completed" under the "Order Status" column, then your test is not yet complete and the results have not yet been acquired. If there is an actual date next to the "Completed" entry, then your results should have been uploaded. Maybe someone more experienced can clarify.

Leave a comment:

• LadyAlaise
    replied
    delays

Due to a few different aligning circumstances ftdna has had major backlog coinciding with an increase of incoming kits to process (browse through the various posts and you should find a few covering this), so they have been playing catch up, double time from what I gather. Still sux lol but it is what it is.
    Now the 27th (glare at the date on my computer screen) and still no change...I am a wee bit hopeful as when I go to the matches page; where matches would show up the little loading circle shows up but still nothing lol. Added to that my regular page; where my mtdna matches tab is, is no longer outlined in red with the little words of "NEW!" around it. So maybe they'll come in. Or maybe I will get a notification letting me know my results will be delayed; which would be super annoying as my kit/dna for Family Finder (and by inclusion, autosomal) was completed very early on; all that needs to be done is for my results to be posted. Which I imagine takes some data processing or input by a tech of some sort and with the back log I could understand it being delayed.

Leave a comment:

• VegasGem
    replied
    4 Months Waiting Time

Yeah, four months sounds about right, (since I guess any "Y" is the test which has the dubious honor of being the type of test which takes the longest to return results for). I mean, by comparison, it has only been 2 months plus another 3 and a half weeks more besides, since my spit was received by the lab on February 3rd, and then the following day, February 4th 2015, placed into Batch 608 there to await mtDNA Full Sequence analysis results....and where I still yet remain, languishing in wait for said results, after one delay already, which pushed me back from an original expected arrival window of 3/18-4/1/2015 (April Fools!) to my current (and now fast approaching the expiry of) revised anticipated delivery date of 4/15-4/29/2015. What up, FTDNA?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X