X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyAlaise View Post
    I get a bunch of error script;
    I am sorry...

The raw files were often available around the same time as myOrigins maps. Clearly not today...

W. (Mr.)

Comment

eh, its ok; it will be there when it is. I am just happy I won't get delayed again! lol

Comment

Congrats on your results coming soon!

Comment

WHOA! WHAT THE F___?

So I have myOrigins map; with the colored splotches but according to my expected results for my FF test (which included Autosomal/myOrigins) I got THIS:
          Your sample has failed to pass quality control. If we need additional sample or action from you to continue, an email will be sent to the primary email address on the account. Thank you for your patience.
          ---
          How the f is that possible if I have my Origins results????

I know from talking with them on the phone the Other day (before I got my Origins results) that they said the first round failed. and that they were running the second sample; this is after my initial results range was delayed....
          Last edited by LadyAlaise; 23 May 2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

So I have myOrigins map; with the colored splotches but according to my expected results for my FF test (which included Autosomal/myOrigins) I got THIS:
            Your sample has failed to pass quality control. If we need additional sample or action from you to continue, an email will be sent to the primary email address on the account. Thank you for your patience.
            ---
            How the f is that possible if I have my Origins results????

I know from talking with them on the phone the Other day (before I got my Origins results) that they said the first round failed. and that they were running the second sample; this is after my initial results range was delayed....
            The delay notifications are being run on their own schedule, using a very simple logic: if the results are not marked as completed, then issue a delay message.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Thanks Mr. W; sorry for the exasperation in my text lol was hyped up on excitement (from getting my Origins results) too much coffee added in with the confusion of trying to make sense of my results lol.
              I have:
              2% Central/South Asian DNA
              -within that tab;
              2% Central Asian DNA
              98% European
              -Within that tab;
              50% Western and Central European
              46% British Isles
              2% Finland and Northern Siberian
              ------
              I do have documented Native American (from Canada) ancestry; these same ancestors have been proven via their all male and or all female descendants DNA results but they are from the 1600s, on my father's side.
              On my mother's; a 2nd Great Grandfather according to Oral family history (on several cousin Branches that come from him, mine included), claims that he was half French and Half Mi'Kmaq (a Native Tribe from Nova Scotia, Canada), and that he changed his name; (this is the one line in my ancestry where the Records are conflicting, and confusing, causing more questions than they answer, and I can't get any further with 100% confidence up the line; the rest of my ancestry I have back to 1600s and on a few, much further).
              I will admit if the Asian and Finland & Northern Siberian DNA results are not possibly Native; they definitely have me scratching my head lol.
              Last edited by LadyAlaise; 23 May 2015, 11:36 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Thanks Mr. W; sorry for the exasperation in my text lol was hyped up on excitement (from getting my Origins results) too much coffee added in with the confusion of trying to make sense of my results lol.
                I have:
                2% Central/South Asian DNA
                -within that tab;
                2% Central Asian DNA
                98% European
                -Within that tab;
                50% Western and Central European
                46% British Isles
                2% Finland and Northern Siberian
                ------
                I do have documented Native American (from Canada) ancestry; these same ancestors have been proven via their all male and or all female descendants DNA results but they are from the 1600s, on my father's side.
                On my mother's; a 2nd Great Grandfather according to Oral family history (on several cousin Branches that come from him, mine included), claims that he was half French and Half Mi'Kmaq (a Native Tribe from Nova Scotia, Canada), and that he changed his name; (this is the one line in my ancestry where the Records are conflicting, and confusing, causing more questions than they answer, and I can't get any further with 100% confidence up the line; the rest of my ancestry I have back to 1600s and on a few, much further).
                I will admit if the Asian and Finland & Northern Siberian DNA results are not possibly Native; they definitely have me scratching my head lol.
                Here is some reading for you . If you did not read these ones yet, please read them before analyzing your results in more detail.
                Mr. W.

P.S.
                It is possible that you did not inherit any DNA from your Amerindian ancestors.

And do you know heritage of all of your ancestors living 10 generations ago (approximately 300 years ago)? There were potentially up to 1024 of them...

Comment

Thanks Mr. W.
                  I know the origins for the Majority of them yes. I have been doing Genealogy Research since I was 12 years old; I am nearing 35 now; the few lines I am stuck on are my Irish ones; I am able to get to the ancestor who came from IRE (Usually a 2nd Great Grandparent) or Their parents but not much further with the exception of two of them.
                  The line of the Mystery Great Grandfather who was supposedly French and Native is another I can't seem to reach up too far.
                  Most of my Dad's side is very well documented; He is Acadian French with some Mi'Kmaq (first nations) early on in the 1600s; majority of his lines came from France; one ancestor Jean Doucet, according to records of the time, purportedly came from Ireland; Pick an Acadian French Surname and chances are I am a descendant. (For further reading see: Dictionnairre généalogies des familles des acadiennes by Stephen A. White; The Premier Genealogist in Acadian French Genealogy out of Université of Moncton), A 3rd Great Grandmother on dad's side; her parents were from Ireland (surname Walsh). Another 3rd Great Grandmother on dad's side; HER mother was English and from New England; married an Acadian Frenchman (Mary Doane (d/o Mary Mayo & Joseph Doane) & Pierre LaNoue; Mary's parents lines trace to England mostly and to two Mayflower families.)
                  On Mom's:
                  Mostly Irish mixed in in recent generations with Pilgrim *Mayflower families* and Early New England. My mom is a Higgins; descendant of Richard Higgins of England. Her Higgins line started in MA; went to Maine for a few generations after the Rev. War; then a 4th Great Grandfather born in ME went to Saint John, NB, Canada and married a NB-born Scott woman; Sarah Matilda Campbell. Her Father was Daniel Campbell according to records; I am not 100% who her mother was but suspect she may have been Margaret Clark; there was a Margaret Clark married to a Daniel Campbell; both came over to NB in the Early 1800s;Research into that line is still ongoing. Then their son, a Higgins, came back to MA; full circle; and married an Irish girl whose parents came from Lurgan, Co. Armagh, N. IRE>I am able to trace this line pretty far; got lucky with records; mostly the surnames up this branch reflect Irish and Ulster Scot origins. Their son, my Grandfather, married my Grandmother, (Nana), who was Half Irish; HER father is the Son of the 2nd Great Grandfather who was supposedly French and Native....
                  I am more than happy to invite you to my tree if you care to look?

Comment

@LadyAlaise

I took a look at your excellent tree!

But as you do not know George Senior heritage, that means around 6.25% of your DNA could have come from anywhere Was that the line that also had Amerindian heritage? It was not clear to me from your tree.

Your First Nations DNA (half from a Mi'kmaq or Métis, and the other half from an unknown band, if I read your description correctly) is in the 10th generation. The DNA segments from them could have been lost during recombinations. On average you could expect only 0.09765625% (0.1%) of your DNA to come from them. If the Métis hypothesis is true, then only on average 0.0732421875%.

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
                    Until FTDNA improves detection of Amerindians DNA, I would say that your myOrigins results correspond to your tree.

Comment

@dna/Mr.W

Thank you! I have worked VERY hard on my tree I will admit further back in it there are some bumps to iron out or dates that need some tweeking and I slowly have been going up and over the lines again to make sure I don't have errors but with such a HUGE tree it's time consuming.
                      I do have MANY other trees dedicated to mapping out the descendants of certian pairs of Ancestors; John Benjamin Witham and Ann Pauline Akers would be one of them. So would Francois Martin LeBlanc etc. So if you ever get curious I have plenty to share lol
                      But yes; the George A. Wilson line is the line with the supposed first Nation ancestry; The main thread in the family stories about him is that he was Half French, Half Native (Mi'Kmaq), there was also some question of some possible Greek and or Spanish in there too?? (not sure how that would fit but his Granddaughter (My Nana), would say Her father (George SR's son), had a Grecian nose; for whatever that is worth;
                      later she sometimes would say he was Spanish....(he did serve in the Spanish American War);around the time the "he's part Spanish" came about my Nana was suffering from Alzheimer's.
                      The stories of Her Grandfather being half French and half Mi'Kmaq were around from when I was very young; long before Nana's Alzheimer's started; and the stories came from both Nana and my Great Uncle George...
                      The other part of the stories; was that George A. Wilson and John A. Martis were one in the same; I have the marriage records for Carrie T. Witham to John A. Martis; as well as two birth records for her first two children; who by 1880 are renamed with the last name WILSON; Addie Adella Martis is now Addie A. (Adeline) Wilson; same birthplace and date. And Darius Burnham Martis is now renamed Brooks Burnham Wilson; same birth date and place; IRONICLY John A. Martis had both a Brother and an Uncle named Brooks Burnham Martis. IF George A. Wilson (SR) and John A. Martis were NOT one in the same; why would George Rename his stepson after that child's father's Uncle and Brother???? And WHERE the hell did John A. Martis GO? Added that I cannot find a marriage record for Carrie To George nor can I find ANY birth/baptism records for Carrie & George's children born in NH: the first time I see George with Carrie is in the 1880 Waterville, ME census.
                      Last edited by LadyAlaise; 25 May 2015, 10:45 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Hi

Has anybody received their results yet for the Family Finder kits in Batch 615 that were delayed? My Origins appeared on about 22/05/2015, but nothing else.

Meanwhile I have another new message - Your sample has failed to pass quality control. Now expected
                        10/06/15-24/06/2015.

The kit was batched on 25/03/2015.

Thanks

James

Comment

Originally posted by defcrow View Post
                          Hi

Has anybody received their results yet for the Family Finder kits in Batch 615 that were delayed? My Origins appeared on about 22/05/2015, but nothing else.

Meanwhile I have another new message - Your sample has failed to pass quality control. Now expected
                          10/06/15-24/06/2015.

The kit was batched on 25/03/2015.

Thanks

James
                          That status message comes on automatically...

Since clearly your results are already out of the lab, anything that could have possibly failed was QC, however, if you look elsewhere in the forum, there is a message from FTDNA staff that their IT is working on fixes/changes and no ETA...

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
                          Did you check whether your raw data is available for a download? Another kit owner, LadyAlaise, tried and they were not.

Comment

Hi

The raw data isn't available for download yet.

James

Comment

yeah my FF expected results range changed again!
                              06/10/2015 - 06/24/2015
                              Still have myOrigins results but no ff matches, or Raw Data....
                              I am just assuming that everything will be delayed due to the flooding in Texas and Houston especially.

Comment

yeah my FF expected results range changed again!
                                06/10/2015 - 06/24/2015
                                Still have myOrigins results but no ff matches, or Raw Data....
                                I am just assuming that everything will be delayed due to the flooding in Texas and Houston especially.
                                Thank you for clarifying that raw data is not available for a download, yet.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Working...
                                X