Batch 613 - still waiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 613 - still waiting?

Anyone else still waiting for batch 613? I have two family finders in that batch I am anxiously waiting for. I hope we get the rest of the 613 results by Thursday! These will be for my husband and daughter. I really want to compare their results to myself and my sons!

I'm still waiting on one 613 and one 614. I've never had a FF take longer than 4 weeks, even with the backlog so I wonder if the test actually had to be rerun.

Comment

Batch 613

I'm still waiting on batch 613...... Ordered the test February 11th and still waiting....

Comment

Originally posted by appalachia View Post
        I'm still waiting on one 613 and one 614. I've never had a FF take longer than 4 weeks, even with the backlog so I wonder if the test actually had to be rerun.
        Well, I doubt it, since I have TWO not back and my husband's is being run off of his genographic test where the results did recently come back, so I KNOW his sample was fine! But I too was beginning to wonder!

Comment

Big Y in batch 613

Yep still waiting on a Big Y order in batch 613, but that's to be expected.

Batched: 11th March 2015

Expected: 6th of May - 20th May 2015

It's been 5 weeks and they used to predict 6-8 weeks for Big Y results. Guess that's blown out to 8-10 weeks...

Comment

My 613 kit is partially up right now so maybe yours will be as well.

Comment

Originally posted by appalachia View Post
              My 613 kit is partially up right now so maybe yours will be as well.
              Yep, nothing last night there was nothing, but this morning I have myOrigins and data downloads on both kits! YAY!

LMAO at the results... my daughter came up 100% Western and Central European which I could buy that she just got that mix of mine and my husband's genes... but we are both European mutts, with me being German, Italian, Irish, and English, and him being primarily Polish and what ever else. My husband ALSO came up 100% Central European which I can NOT buy! Especially since our sons show lots of Eastern European and other things that I do not show on mine! Crazy. The first test came out exactly how I thought it should. Mine came out the Opposite of how I thought it should but within the correct regions. My other sons came out OK, showing a blend of both my husband and I, then my daughter and husband are 100% Western/Central European... WHAT???????? So much for believing in any level of accuracy of myOrigins!!

Actually, I would think our kits were mixed up if we had tested at the same time.

Comment

My Uncle's FF in 614 has My Origins and Raw Data this morning. Let's hope that is good new for those of you in 613.

Comment

Delayed

I feel your pain. I know the batch numbers aren't necessarily indicators of when things will be done - or whether they'll be done in a consecutive manner. But, I have a test in batch 611 and it has been postponed again - now it's more than a month away (5/20-6/3).

I understand that there was a big rush at Christmas, and I was (somewhat) patient at that time because we were led to believe it was an unexpected rush. However, after several months, that excuse can't possibly hold true. An unexpected backlog that has lasted more than 4 or 5 months is no longer an unexpected backlog. It's business as usual.

I'm frustrated because FTDNA has the best chance of all the testing companies to come out on top as the best resource - but if they don't start paying more attention to customer service, they'll be in big trouble when someone else comes along with comparable products/services, but better customer service.

Comment

^^^^
                    I have to say, I am thankful that despite my impatience, FTDNA has managed to get ALL my FF back in the nick of time before their ORIGINAL due dates despite getting several notifications of delays.

MyOrigins and downloads came back 2 days ago, and my actual matches came back today. They were supposed to be back by yesterday by the original schedule.

For me, I think the biggest ridiculous delay has been the time it takes from SOME of my samples to get from my post office to FTDNA. I think one kit took 6 weeks. I am still waiting for my mom's kit to arrive and that was supposed to have been shipped weeks ago. Insane if you ask me, especially when some of my kits have gotten from my post office to the lab in 6 days.

My results time experience is mostly limited to Family Finder though. Other than that, the only other results I had return are GENOGRAPHIC yDNA and mtDNA. Those came back in a reasonable timeframe (although the quality control seemed to take awhile). My FTDNA mtDNA and yDNA kits are still running. At least 1 of the 3 samples says delayed, but I still have 2 or 3 weeks before they are due back for the first due date.

I hope you get your results back soon!

Comment

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
                      Yep still waiting on a Big Y order in batch 613, but that's to be expected.

Batched: 11th March 2015

Expected: 6th of May - 20th May 2015

It's been 5 weeks and they used to predict 6-8 weeks for Big Y results. Guess that's blown out to 8-10 weeks...
                      Yep delayed until June...

Comment

Yep delayed until June...
                        I'm sorry to hear in your case. I was batch 613 for my Big-Y, and I received my results much earlier than expected. I was originally told it would be by May 20th.

Ordered 03/09/2015 613

Batched 03/11/2015 613

Completed 04/18/2015 613

Comment

Originally posted by DNAAncestor View Post
                          I'm sorry to hear in your case. I was batch 613 for my Big-Y, and I received my results much earlier than expected. I was originally told it would be by May 20th.

Ordered 03/09/2015 613

Batched 03/11/2015 613

Completed 04/18/2015 613
                          I am happy that you managed to receive your results early - luck of the draw with some testing I guess Just annoying when things are delayed for what ever reason.
                          Have you managed to establish some more ties with your Big Y results or have a better understanding of your patrilineal origins?

Comment

Still waiting for FF from Batch 613!

Comment

I am happy that you managed to receive your results early - luck of the draw with some testing I guess Just annoying when things are delayed for what ever reason.
                              Have you managed to establish some more ties with your Big Y results or have a better understanding of your patrilineal origins?
                              I'm still waiting for further analysis. I should hear from Y-Full results by May 25th.

I think sometimes when they run promotions they receive a lot of orders that can delay things. You are right, it can be just the luck of the draw. My Y-111 tests took 3 months when I ordered back in November 2014.

Comment

Working...
                              X