new costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new costs?

I just received the two kits I ordered and paid for. Now there is a request for my credit card information. Does this mean you want to make another charge for processing the kits after DNA has been collected? There is no mention in the paperwork of any charge amount. Then why is credit card information being requested? Very confusing. Also sent the same info. to the helpdesk asking them what's going on .....
    Brenda Turner

Originally posted by turnerbrenda_1 View Post
    I just received the two kits I ordered and paid for. Now there is a request for my credit card information. Does this mean you want to make another charge for processing the kits after DNA has been collected? There is no mention in the paperwork of any charge amount. Then why is credit card information being requested? Very confusing. Also sent the same info. to the helpdesk asking them what's going on .....
    Brenda Turner
    Have you called the credit card company which you charged the kits to? It's possible the charges didn't actually go through on the credit card or after the credit card company received them...they denied the charges and sent a charge back to Family Tree. I would call the credit card company. Also, if after receiving the kits and went on those accounts and added other tests such as a Y surname test or an mtDNA test then you have to give your credit card info again.

I've ordered kits for the Family Finder test and then even before I send those back I've gone on the account and ordered a Y test. It's necessary to give the credit card info again.

However, the first thing I would do is call the credit card company and confirm that they indeed processed the first charges and didn't deny them for some reason. You can find this out right away from the credit card company instead of waiting for a response from FT help desk.

Comment

I suspect that FTDNA simply includes a space for credit card information on all forms, because some people do not pay in advance but instead pay along with their samples.

My understanding is that this pay-later option is now only available to project administrators, not to the unaffiliated general public.

Comment

It would be helpful if there were different forms for those who have paid and those who have not, especially where elderly testers are concerned. In my case, my elderly aunt put the test away in a cupboard and did not tell me it had arrived because she was confused by the form and thought she might have to pay something.

Comment

Originally posted by LynCra View Post
          It would be helpful if there were different forms for those who have paid and those who have not, especially where elderly testers are concerned. In my case, my elderly aunt put the test away in a cupboard and did not tell me it had arrived because she was confused by the form and thought she might have to pay something.
          Ahh, now I see what happened. Sorry about my first post...ignore it.

Several of the test kits I have ordered have been sent directly to me (later I mail them to whom I want). I now remember the form that comes with the kit has a place for cc info. Before I sent the kit to my relative I put a big 'x' through that section so they knew not to complete it.

Comment

Working...
          X