Daily problems with Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily problems with Chrome

Withing the past few days, I've suddenly developed problems accessing the FTDNA website with Chrome. Everything will be fine, then all of the sudden I can no longer access the site. Chrome just sits and spins. Restarting Chrome doesn't help, but clearing the cache does. It's getting a little old clearing the cache on a daily basis.

Note that if I try to access the site with IE while Chrome is hanging, there is no issue. It's just problem with Chrome and FTDNA. I've not had this problem with any other website.

Chrome Version Version 41.0.2272.76 on Win 7.

Anyone have a clue?

Jane

It appears that FTDNA is changing pieces of the code live (on-fly).

So suddenly pieces might stop fitting together...

I occasionally experience similar issues on other sites I frequent. So I had developed a habit of using my browser in a private browsing/incognito mode. Not for the privacy, but for the ease of resetting everything by a simple shutdown and start of a browser.

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
    Only if I need to record something in my browsing history, then I would temporarily open a regular window.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by hokiejane View Post
        Withing the past few days, I've suddenly developed problems accessing the FTDNA website with Chrome.
        Yes, this is continuing to be a problem.

Comment

I have been using Chrome/Win7 combination for many years and have not seen any problem with the FTDNA site.

I just updated from v.40.0.2214.115m to v. 41.0.2272.76m and so far I have not seen any problem - - fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Svein Davidsen View Post
            I have been using Chrome/Win7 combination for many years and have not seen any problem with the FTDNA site.

I just updated from v.40.0.2214.115m to v. 41.0.2272.76m and so far I have not seen any problem - - fingers crossed!
            Problem can appear in any browser.

And I doubt that it can be replicated, ever.

I am imagining that the user lgmayka spends significantly more time on FTDNA websites, so he has a greater chance of experiencing problems.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Working...
            X