X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Y67 results

Comment

Got my y-DNA batch 605 results today

I received my batch 605 y-dna test today. There are only four matches though so I'm hoping that will increase in number with more time for Family Tree to search. I will also upload to other databases but right now I'm feeling pretty bummed about blowing a couple of hundred bucks and not having much to show for it.... Anybody out there that can offer advice?

Comment

I also got mine on the 19th. Now just trying to figure out how it relates to me as I am adoopted. Have one genetic distance of 1 match, two at genetic distance of 2. The one at distance one I also have two other matches at 3 with the same sur name.

Comment

How is batch 605 getting results before 604? When did you guys send your kits in?

Comment

Originally posted by Pilman View Post
            How is batch 605 getting results before 604? When did you guys send your kits in?
            In the thread about the 604 batch, I have already reported receiving Y-DNA67 results from batch 604, last week. So 604 results were first. As Darren has explained in the forum, it had never been that batches finished at the same time.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Batch 605

I am still awaiting 2 panels for Y-111 from batch 605 myself. It really is a hit and miss with FTDNA I have learned after testing the last 2 years now. I have noticed that on Wednesday's it seems that the weekly test results are updated.

Comment

Got the test results - now have so many questions

I guess most of us are in the same boat - we get results and don't know what to do with them. We need some kind of class to go to - y-DNA 101 or something. I have matches that don't make any sense (not the same surnames). One match is an adoptee who has his birth parent's names and they are totally unfamiliar names and places. How much "off" can results be, I wonder?

Also i had to explain to him that I don't have a y-DNA test on myself, since I am female and only males have Y chromosomes. (my test was done on my brother).

I just found a very good article that sort of answers my question about the matches who have a different surname: http://genealogy.about.com/od/dna_ge...r_surnames.htm
                Last edited by ddhamm; 7 April 2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I'm in Batch 605 and DID NOT get my Y37 results. So far I have been pushed back twice. The note now says that my kit "had been brought to the attention of the data assurance team" and they are "reviewing the results to see what further action is necessary". I am not sure whether this is just an excuse for delaying the results or something went terribly wrong. It's been a long wait and I'm getting restless. Come on FtDNA, release my data!

Comment

I am in batch 603 and still have not received the Y37 results. I like FTDNA, but their sense of urgency seems very different than mine. The worst is that I have no clue whether the kit rerun is near completion or stuck somewhere. Will it be delayed again? I am in the dark.

Comment

Batch 605

We have an important kit in Batch 605 as well and have been pushed back several times without any explanation that I've noted. Our test is a Y-DNA 37 .... ours also reads: "had been brought to the attention of the data assurance team" and they are "reviewing the results to see what further action is necessary".

Comment

I see that a lot of people from the Bach 605 had already gotten the results. So does this mean that a portion of the batch was completed and the others are left in the dark? Or did the results get mixed up somehow and now a new sample is needed? I hate to be in the dark about this. Perhaps someone from the FTDNA can chime in on what is truthfully going on.

Comment

Today is the 27th. Two more days until a new delay message will appear on my page. Feeling pessimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by ddhamm View Post
                            I guess most of us are in the same boat - we get results and don't know what to do with them. We need some kind of class to go to - y-DNA 101 or something. I have matches that don't make any sense (not the same surnames). One match is an adoptee who has his birth parent's names and they are totally unfamiliar names and places. How much "off" can results be, I wonder?

Also i had to explain to him that I don't have a y-DNA test on myself, since I am female and only males have Y chromosomes. (my test was done on my brother).

I just found a very good article that sort of answers my question about the matches who have a different surname: http://genealogy.about.com/od/dna_ge...r_surnames.htm
                            I would also suggest joining a surname group along with haplogroup group via the groups page.

I belong to the R-U152, Adams surname groups and other groups, which allowed my to received emails from my matches and administrators in those groups. Best way to network in the DNA space.

Good job of getting your brother's yDNA to help your research. I would go ahead with the mtDNA test, if not already done, along with family finder.

DNA has help me tremendously to prove or disprove my paper process, knocking down road blocks of identifying members of my family tree.

Anyway, good luck and wish you the very best, Kevin

Comment

Very bad experience!

I am in batch 605 and still have not received the Y37 results. I am waiting 120 days already.Impossible to believe it takes 4 and more months. I paid for my order on time and in full in December 2014. And no wonder I want to get my accurate results ASAP. But the deadline was delayed few times.
                              Very bad experience!

Comment

Working...
                              X