• Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Batch 606?

Just wondering if anyone is getting results yet? I meant batch 606
    Last edited by jonster; 5 March 2015, 05:49 PM. Reason: Wrong batch number

Which test(s)?

Comment

I had a FF and a Y37 in 606.
      The FF came in 24feb, Y37 is 4march-18march, still nothing.

Comment

606 as well, also waiting for a Y-37

Comment

A bunch of 602 y-dna tests have reported this week. So look for reports of 603's, 604's, then 605's to get a sense of when you might start looking for your 606. Not everybody in a batch gets results at the same time, so if you start seeing others from 606 getting results and you don't get results then it means that either you started later (space limitations) or they needed to rerun a panel or they discovered they need some markers from the more advanced tests to tie down your haplotype. In the first case, your results could be a week or two after the others. In the latter two cases, you'll need an entire additional processing sequence.

Hope this helps ...

Comment

The Y-37 one. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Mike P for the clear answer. I am waiting on mtDNA in batch 606. I am starting to get worried the test failed. Thanks,

Comment

Two people have reported getting batch 605 mtdna results today. Hopefully that's a good sign for you ...

Comment

Waiting for mtDNA in batch 606

Comment

Ydna delayed with a month today.

Comment

Originally posted by afshar View Post
                      Ydna delayed with a month today.

Comment

This is not a backlog problem.
                        I think the lab is funking up some runs and they made poor choices.
                        I was expecting this, seeing people from previous batches frustrated. But what annoys me is that they wait till the last minute and then delay with (edited) excuses. If you cant handle it find a service provider that does.
                        Last edited by Darren; 12 March 2015, 12:14 PM. Reason: language

Comment

Still waiting for mDNA, batch 606

I too am waiting for mDNA results--and I am batch 606. I got my autosomal results three weeks ago. Family Tree DNA changed the estimated release date to early-mid April today. I filled out a customer contact form just now. I'd sure like to get my results back in a timely manner (wouldn't we all).

Comment

Originally posted by jsbarto1 View Post
                            I too am waiting for mDNA results--and I am batch 606.
                            I’m still waiting on a test for mtDNA in batch 601. I was told last week by a customer service rep that the sample had to be rerun and would take another 4-6 weeks. Then this week the expected dates were updated to 03/25/2015 - 04/08/2015 for the test with the following explanation:

An increased demand for our testing has caused unexpected delays. We understand your frustration in not receiving your results as anticipated. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide you with reliable, accurate results.

Does the sample have to be rerun or not? Did it fail quality control or not? Is it just the increased demand that is causing the delay and not issues with the sample? I realize that the Awaiting Lab Results section explaining the reason for the delay is probably automated, but this type of inconsistency only lends itself to confusion rather than clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeP View Post
                              Two people have reported getting batch 605 mtdna results today. Hopefully that's a good sign for you ...
                              My 605 batch got bumped to 4/1/2015-4/15/2015. I received my FSM this week and had received my FF some time ago.

I ordered 12/18/2014. I have the FF and FSM to keep me busy but waiting for Y-67 is painful.

Comment

Working...
                              X