Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kit received Nov. 6 but still not processed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kit received Nov. 6 but still not processed!

The very very very slow processing time (four months +) and the difficulty reaching a real person and getting someone to call back is making working with ftdna not worth the money! K Lee

batch

Do you have a batch number at least?

Comment

Is it possible that FTDNA believes that the kit has not yet been paid for? Or that the payment was bad (e.g., credit card refused or check bounced)?

Comment

Batch number 602

The batch number is 602 and there was no problem with the payment. The kit was received by ftdna , but the results except for family finder are still not available (4 months + later).

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          The batch number is 602 and there was no problem with the payment. The kit was received by ftdna , but the results except for family finder are still not available (4 months + later).
          Are you saying you have received your Family Finder results?

If you are in Batch 602 then that was most likely around the end of December because I am in Batch 603 batched 12/31 for a Y111 upgrade.

Did you upgrade from a earlier Family Finder kit to a Y marker test? If so, and that is batched in 602 then you may be looking at another week or two.

I am in batch 603 and don't expect my results for at least a couple weeks. This same sample was in an earlier batch for the Family Finder which came in several months ago. Any time that you upgrade from one test to another you are going into another batch, so if you received your Family Finder results and then upgraded to a Y marker test or an mtDNA test then those are going to take many more weeks after your results for the Family Finder results.

Plus, if you ordered the Family Finder AND the Y test at the same time the Family Finder results will come in several weeks before the Y test or the mtDNA test....that's the way it is.

Comment

My Y is in 602 and was ordered 12/2/14, sent 12/3/14, received by lab 12/23/14, and batched on 12/25/14.

Comment

Originally posted by sas377 View Post
              My Y is in 602 and was ordered 12/2/14, sent 12/3/14, received by lab 12/23/14, and batched on 12/25/14.
              Yes, sounds like you may have some time to go since most of the Y tests seem to be taking a very long time. I'm in Batch 603.

The order date doesn't really have anything to do with the processing. I ordered a kit once and held it for a year before I had someone use it.

Comment

A kit in my project for a Y-DNA37 marker test was batched 12/25/2014 in Batch 602.

Results were completed today, 3/4/2015.

I still have an upgrade on a Y-37 to Y-67 in Batch 599 not completed.

Comment

Working...
                X