Batch 608

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trojet View Post
    Yes, they were changed to 4-29 to 5- something. Yesterday, I logged in and to my surprise they were there. They didn't even send me an email that the results are ready.
    Cool. I hope I get mine soon ( batch 609)

Comment

Batch 608 Y1-111 results posted.

Comment

Thanks for the update!! Still waiting on my y37 but certainly excited they are on this batch now!

Comment

Awaiting the results of my Y-37 test. Today the expected results dates were pushed back to 05/07/2015 - 05/21/2015. The message changed to "Your testing is under review with our data assurance team. If we need action by you, we will send an email to the email address that is primary on the account. Thank you." Hopefully that means the results will post tomorrow. Nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking. lol

Comment

Still Waiting

My Y-DNA67 sample is in batch 607, submitted December 2014. My batch is pushed back again, I received an email from them after I opened a ticket. They said that the Lab is behind and they are working on getting the backlog completed.

Maybe it's time to find a new lab or an additional one..lol

He assured me that the results should be posted soon...so I'd hope that 608 would follow.

Comment

I ordered my Y37 test, on Jan. 16, 2015, It was batch 608, batched on Feb. 4, 2015.

I was originally told to expect my results in the beginning of March, 2015.

FTDNA then changed the expected date of my Y37 results from the beginning of March to either Mar. 18, 2015 – Apr. 1, 2015.

FTDNA again changed the dates to from Apr. 29, 2015 to May 13, 2015 with this explanation:
              “We understand your frustration in not receiving your results as anticipated. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide you with reliable, accurate results. There are many possible reasons for your delay, such as our need to re-run your test or we need more sample.”

FTDNA again changed my dates to from May 7, 2015 to May 21, 2015. They said:
              “Your testing is under review with our data assurance team. If we need action by you, we will send an email to the email address that is primary on the account. Thank you.”

Today I checked and FTDNA has again changed the dates, now it is from May 20, 2015 to Jun. 3, 2015. This is the current message:
              “Your sample has failed to pass quality control. If we need additional sample or action from you to continue testing, an email will be sent to the primary email address on the account. Thank you for your patience.”

I don’t know now if I will have to supply another sample and wait another 5-6 months to get my results.

This is no way to treat paying customers.

Comment

Y-37 delay

Yes -- the Y-37 I am waiting for in batch 608 also has failed to pass quality control.

It is obvious to me from the posts in the forum, it is not the "samples" that have failed but FTDNA's process. New expected date of June 3 is simply not acceptable.

Edited to add -- I am currently doing a DNA test on a mixed breed dog. The sample was received, processed and failed in 2 weeks. Each step was clearly noted on a "test check" page. I was contacted immediately when the test failed and offered a retest or refund. The 2nd test was received in less than a week. Complete communication every step of the way.

Perhaps FTDNA should contact the dog DNA people for some best practices.
                Last edited by adehoff; 14 May 2015, 06:16 AM.

Comment

AGREE!

Originally posted by adehoff View Post
                  Yes -- the Y-37 I am waiting for in batch 608 also has failed to pass quality control.

It is obvious to me from the posts in the forum, it is not the "samples" that have failed but FTDNA's process. New expected date of June 3 is simply not acceptable.

Edited to add -- I am currently doing a DNA test on a mixed breed dog. The sample was received, processed and failed in 2 weeks. Each step was clearly noted on a "test check" page. I was contacted immediately when the test failed and offered a retest or refund. The 2nd test was received in less than a week. Complete communication every step of the way.

Perhaps FTDNA should contact the dog DNA people for some best practices.
                  Hear, hear. I have submitted FOUR "test status" response inquiries via the FTDNA provided ticket system, since late April, in regards to my mTDNAFull Sequence results current status and its constant cycle of delay (from early March to late May, with a stop in between in April).
                  I vaguely asked for more details in the first inquiry, regarding more specific explanantions of testing process time frame for my sample. The vague generality of the response resulted in my further requesting something that would provide a detailed accounting of ALL testing dates (and stages of process, when initiated, when failed, etc) which sounds very similar in format to what the dog DNA people supplied to you with their "log".
                  How hard could it be to provide a customer with that sort of? Well, the answer is......I don't know, but apparently VERY DIFFICULT, as FTDNA has FAILED to answer the last TWO inquiries submitted, and conveniently chose NOT to address that particular subject (and main focus of the inquiry) in the first two queries that they did actually respond to.
                  I guess the questions made them a little nervous, as I'm sure that I would not be happy with any response given, as its quite obvious at this point that any truthful response would likely confirm my suspicions regarding Batch 608, and lab incompetence.

Comment

Scratch the "Batch 608" from "Batch 608, and lab incompetence".
                    Its just... lab incompetence. Period.

Comment

Re: BATCH 608

Full Sequence Results are in!! Apparently, I am L2b2.

Comment

I also got the batch 608 Y-37 "has failed to pass quality control" message. Hope to have my results by the end of the year. Just call me an optimist.

Comment

Absolutely amazing

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...

1 day after being told Y-37 failed quality control, results are posted. Happy the waiting is over, but will not be playing much with FTDNA in the future.

Comment

I also received my Y-37 results today. Now I have to figure out what they mean.

Comment

My Y-37 in batch 608 also came in today after yesterday receiving the failed quality control message. But even more surprising was the Y-111 upgrade I had later added and was in batch 618 also came in. I was really excited to get them, but when I looked at them I realized that who I thought I was sure isn't who I am!!! a 0 genetic distance and a number of 1 genetic distance matches at 67 markers is pretty definite. Let the fun of the search for cousins and ancestors begin all over again.

Comment

Still Waiting

I have the same string of messages for my Y-37 test in batch 608, gives me hope some of you have received your results!

Comment

Working...
                                X