Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren
    replied
    Out of the several lab checks I had there were two from this thread that had failed testing and were being rerun. If everything looks good on the second pass we should see the results within the time frame provided. This was from my lab contact. In the end any explanation will sound like an excuse and that is not what you paid for. You paid for results and you deserve them.
    -Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• Pilman
    replied
    Originally posted by sunkeeper View Post
    I've lodged a complaint with the BBB, I'd suggest others do the same.
    link removed

I've also sent an email to Bennett Greenspan, via reply from my form letter from Darren as he doesn't appear to want his email address to appear anywhere on their site.

I also have filed a bbb report unfortunately I cannot find bennet greenspans email to directly contact him anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Lwh02
    replied
    I had two in this batch. One came back last week, all panels returned the same day. FF for both kits came (batched 1/1/15) was returned 1/29/15. So I know that the sample was good.

Now the second one in this batch has returned none of the panels and has been pushed back--again--to 4/15-4/29 with this message:

<<Your testing is under review with our data assurance team. If we need action by you, we will send an email to the email address that is primary on the account. Thank you.>>

I totally do not want to hear that they need any action from me! I know that the sample was good.

I need to test two more people in my family, but can't see investing any more in this company.

Leave a comment:

• sunkeeper
    replied
    I've lodged a complaint with the BBB, I'd suggest others do the same.

I've also sent an email to Bennett Greenspan, via reply from my form letter from Darren as he doesn't appear to want his email address to appear anywhere on their site.
    Last edited by Darren; 9 April 2015, 01:16 AM. Reason: link removed, please no direct links to BBB

Leave a comment:

• RDickinson
    replied
    Just for the record, I got exactly that message from the help desk last night, signed Darren Marin.

Originally posted by MikeP View Post
    I don't think the message means anything ... it's the same message everybody gets ... some have reported getting this message and then getting results in a couple of days ...

Leave a comment:

• sunkeeper
    replied
    They wonder why people get upset and discouraged with the company. Not sure about when you paid for your test but I sent them my payment Dec. 30, 2014. What the heck happened to cash being 30 days, I've been waiting 100 days now since they got my money and I've gotten nothing what so ever in return.

We can't even get an answer!

Leave a comment:

• MikeP
    replied
    I sent a customer support form with a simple question. Has my kit started processing yet. No answer.

Leave a comment:

• sunkeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeP View Post
    I don't think the message means anything ... it's the same message everybody gets ... some have reported getting this message and then getting results in a couple of days ...
    Exactly why I said I expected more than the usual form letter. Darren says to PM him and he'll get an answer, that's what I wanted, not a form letter sent out to the masses every time someone asks. I could have copied and pasted that to myself for gawd's sake!

Give me an answer, where is my kit and why haven't I gotten results in 98 days? My kit, not the other hundreds sitting in the same boat as me, I want an answer to exactly what is happening with my kit! OR, give me my money back and I'll go somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

• MikeP
    replied
    Originally posted by sunkeeper View Post
    Well I got my answer from Darren checking with the lab.

Hello sunkeeper,

I have heard back from the lab and they confirm that the first pass failed on this sample and the testing is being rerun at high priority. Provided everything looks good in all stages of quality control we should see results within the next three to five weeks.

Pardon me but I really expected more than this form letter reply. Where is the kit, exactly what stage, why did it fail, what caused the failure? 3 to five more weeks will make it about 119 days for results, priority my foot! Today is 98 days, sorry, just not acceptable at all. Did it really take 85-90 days for them to realize the first pass failed? 3 to 5 more weeks, are you kidding me?

The usual use to be about 6 weeks, even if I go with 10 weeks it would go till Mar 12th, that's when it should have been priority! 3 to 5 weeks after that, the very latest results should appear would be Apr 16 and boy, that's giving these guys a hell of a lot of leeway.

Say what you will, excuse what you want, this is ridiculous. I want my money back so I can go to a reliable company.

Leave a comment:

• sunkeeper
    replied
    Well I got my answer from Darren checking with the lab.

Hello sunkeeper,

I have heard back from the lab and they confirm that the first pass failed on this sample and the testing is being rerun at high priority. Provided everything looks good in all stages of quality control we should see results within the next three to five weeks.

Pardon me but I really expected more than this form letter reply. Where is the kit, exactly what stage, why did it fail, what caused the failure? 3 to five more weeks will make it about 119 days for results, priority my foot! Today is 98 days, sorry, just not acceptable at all. Did it really take 85-90 days for them to realize the first pass failed? 3 to 5 more weeks, are you kidding me?

The usual use to be about 6 weeks, even if I go with 10 weeks it would go till Mar 12th, that's when it should have been priority! 3 to 5 weeks after that, the very latest results should appear would be Apr 16 and boy, that's giving these guys a hell of a lot of leeway.

Say what you will, excuse what you want, this is ridiculous. I want my money back so I can go to a reliable company.

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by jrpalmer View Post
    GWTW - SO
    You win!! Maybe your results will be here tomorrow OTOH I see you are waiting on Batch 608 Y results so maybe not...but still a great answer.
    Last edited by Tenn4ever; 7 April 2015, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jrpalmer
    replied
    GWTW - SO

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Carla View Post
    Good one!
    From what movie? And who said it?

Leave a comment:

• Carla
    replied
    Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post

"Afterall, tomorrow is another day."
    Good one!

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by win123 View Post
    No results yet. Anybody get their Y-dna results from batch 603?

Wonder how many people are in similar situation. Hope that the results come in soon. It has been so long that it seems surreal to still be waiting.
    I can't resist this quote:

"Afterall, tomorrow is another day."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X