batch 604 - whats up with the delay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batch 604 - whats up with the delay?

What is the deal with the delay? This is now the second time i've received a delay, originally was supposed to get it sometime in february then it got pushed back to March 5th and today I log in and it says April, whats the deal?

03/18/2015 - 04/01/2015

That means it'll have been 4 months, that's crazy, 23andme didn't take this long.

Originally posted by Pilman View Post
    What is the deal with the delay? This is now the second time i've received a delay, originally was supposed to get it sometime in february then it got pushed back to March 5th and today I log in and it says April, whats the deal?

03/18/2015 - 04/01/2015

That means it'll have been 4 months, that's crazy, 23andme didn't take this long.
    Which test?
    • Big Y
    • FamilyFinder
    • FMS
    • Y-STR
    W. (Mr.)

P.S.
    Just asking, different tests have very different running times.

Comment

If there is a need for a rerun, you have to double the time given in https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-results-take/

W. (Mr.)

Comment

A re-run would imply that others in the same batch made it. Here is a situation where nobody has results. That implies that either the batch was not started on time (what I believe) or it was dropped on the floor and the entire batch needed to be re-run ... same with the next batch and the one after it and ...

I think they have some limiting factor (equipment, people, supplies,...) and are just not running more recent orders - the later they start the later everybody gets results. There was a thread a while back complaining about why 601 got results before 59x batches. I think maybe ftdna took this to heart and stopped running more recent samples (except one or two lucky 602's that got in with the 601's).

Comment

Same here, I ordered in November and the new deadline is now March, 11th!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeP View Post
            A re-run would imply that others in the same batch made it. Here is a situation where nobody has results. [----]
            Some did receive their results. For example a user named MikeP had results from batch 604, as he posted on the 29th January 2015, at 11:12 CST under the title FF in, batch 604

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
            The original post did not include any indication whether it was a Y-STR test or FF.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
              Some did receive their results. For example a user named MikeP had results from batch 604, as he posted on the 29th January 2015, at 11:12 CST under the title FF in, batch 604

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
              The original post did not include any indication whether it was a Y-STR test or FF.
              If you look elsewhere in the various threads, you'll find that all reported y-dna tests from batch 604 have been consistently delayed to the stated time window. In another thread Darren stated that initial time windows are re-evaluated as the end time for the initial estimate is being neared. It makes sense that all batch 604 y-dna tests would be delayed together at this point in time because there are no reported results from any 603 batch tests and as far as I know only one 602. All this week's posts are from 601 and earlier.

Based on Darren's statements it would be fair to expect that in a week all 605 y-dna tests will be delayed. And a week after that all the 606's. Given the pattern with which results are appearing, I think that ftdna did not start running samples when they were batched. I'm hoping, based on the new time window that they've actually started 604 by now. It would be nice to know when processing started or will start.

Comment

@MikeP

Yes, but he compares his test here to 23andme, which is suggesting a FF. That is why I had started with asking him about his test type...

W. (Mr.)

Comment

I did the Y DNA test for 37 markers.

Comment

I did the Y DNA test for 37 markers.
                    In that case, see MikeP's posts and "Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control."

I am waiting for Y-DNA 67 marker test from batch 604, too.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

I called today as a project administrator concerning seven project kits which had problems of one sort or another (some with delays, others with lack of notice regarding results).

I was pleasantly surprised to get a customer service rep who took the kit numbers from me, and was able to resolve three problems on the spot and give me status of the other four.

True, they are very busy; I got two busy signals for the number first, and on the third try did have to wait on hold about five minutes. But once I had someone to talk to, my questions were all answered.

So I would suggest calling the customer service number: (713)868-1438. If you are outside the U.S., you can do it by skype.

Beth Long

Comment

Hi Beth Long,

Do you still need assistance with your message you sent me? Or was this already handled by one of my co-workers? Please let me know.

-Darren
                        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Hi Darren,

No, Chris answered all my questions :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X