• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeBe
    replied
    Originally posted by 263026 View Post
    "Expected Date" 08/05/2015 - 08/19/2015
    I quote: "Worry not, please! FTDNA is a most reliable company but sometimes things happen which can cause delays. Your test results will come through although maybe not on the original time schedule. Hang in there. You are not the first person to have encountered a scheduling difficulty."

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by 263026 View Post
    kit 278167

YDNA 12-25

Ordered 01/23/2015 607
    Batched 01/28/2015 607
    Completed Pending 607

"Expected Date" 04/22/2015 - 05/06/2015
    "Expected Date" 08/05/2015 - 08/19/2015

Leave a comment:

• M E M
    replied
    Y-DNA37 to 111 (Batch 607)
    Ordered 01/24/2015
    Batched 01/28/2015
    Completed 06/05/2015

mtDNA Plus (Batch 607)
    Ordered 01/24/2015
    Batched 01/28/2015
    Completed 03/02/2015

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    Originally posted by jova99 View Post
    Still waiting..sent my sample and paid in January, BATCH 609 for Y DNA 37 marker test.

Very concerned with this company..seems like too many problems with their lab, and communicating with their clients. Something is very wrong ...too many seem to fail quality review. wonder what is really going on
    If the message about the quality review is correct, that is actually a very good thing. As it means that ultimately you would be getting the correct results, not just some results.

And yes, communication not only could, but should be better...

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
    There are very many reasons when a delay is mandated, for example if your DNA turns out to be similar to someone working in the lab, additional checks are done to exclude cross-contamination.

Leave a comment:

• jova99
    replied
    still waiting

Still waiting..sent my sample and paid in January, BATCH 609 for Y DNA 37 marker test.

Very concerned with this company..seems like too many problems with their lab, and communicating with their clients. Something is very wrong ...too many seem to fail quality review. wonder what is really going on

Leave a comment:

• havoc64
    replied
    Still waiting,

My Y-DNA67 was submitted around the end of December 2014, I called and they said the lab is working the backlog. I asked if my sample was ok, he really couldn't give me an answer.

I then opened a ticket and received a reply that..
    "Your test had been delayed again because 3 markers have failed testing due to poor sample quality. Re-testing is generally completed within 4-6 weeks barring further sample failure, though since very few markers are being re-run here, I would think that it should be closer to a 2-4 week window (not official as the official quote would be 4-6 weeks)."

The tech also offered to let me submit a new sample for free and without another 6 month delay. He assured me that the new sample would only help. I said sure, what's the difference now.

I wonder if they were ever planning on sending me notification of what the hold up was?

Leave a comment:

• Javacat
    replied
    Y-67 Data In!

Last night my kit's Y-67 full data and matches appeared. Hooray! I hope everyone else's shows up very soon.

Leave a comment:

replied
    kit 278167

YDNA 12-25

Ordered 01/23/2015 607
    Batched 01/28/2015 607
    Completed Pending 607

"Expected Date" 04/22/2015 - 05/06/2015

Leave a comment:

• edshazell
    replied
    The window may start tomorrow but its 2 weeks wide and don't forget the last window was completely missed so this one can be as well.

Leave a comment:

• scott
    replied
    April 22nd - Early May

Waiting for all Y markers to come through. I had full mt done too, they came through two days early, which was a nice surprise (don't understand them much, but I'm only a beginner)
    So roll on tomorrow!!

Leave a comment:

• Javacat
    replied
    Tomorrow!

The revised window for Y-chromosome testing results on Batch 607 starts April 22. The results will start pouring in tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Time Traveller
    replied
    Batch 607 Y-DNA

Originally posted by italianchulo View Post
    Same here
    I'm in the same position and it's driving me crazy.

Leave a comment:

• E19463
    replied
    Originally posted by Carla View Post
    The wait can be excruciating...
    For Carla: http://odrcomplaint.bbb.org/odrweb/p...essID=35001063
    If you feel you have been excruciated enough.

Leave a comment:

• M123
    replied
    My opinion.. also, they have to deal with poor samples that people send them.. just saying..

Poor samples? haha
    Now I wait Y-111 and fullmito. The same sample was successfully used for FF!

Leave a comment:

• E19463
    replied
    The wait can be excruciating but, so it goes.
    Yes, so it goes. This poor Lady for example is waiting since the year 2013! ==> http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37145
    Should I be glad that I am waiting only since 2014?
    Last edited by E19463; 25 March 2015, 06:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X