No announcement yet.

Batch 607

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the like button. FTDNA is not going bankrupt. Delays are not unusual and I'd rather them rerun my tests and make sure there is a quality sample rather than throw anything out there because I was impatient. I think some people just need to chill and find a hobby, like genealogy, to do and let them do their job. My opinion.. also, they have to deal with poor samples that people send them.. just saying..

Comment

Originally posted by Carla View Post
      Where's the like button. FTDNA is not going bankrupt. Delays are not unusual and I'd rather them rerun my tests and make sure there is a quality sample rather than throw anything out there because I was impatient. I think some people just need to chill and find a hobby, like genealogy, to do and let them do their job. My opinion.. also, they have to deal with poor samples that people send them.. just saying..
      You would be for sure impatient, too, if you have to wait that long like me as I am waiting for any results since last autumn and we now have spring!
      And how naive is that to believe the longer it takes the more accurate the result is? The other way round, the longer it takes, the more I doubt the results as this is a sign they have to deal with problems. Again, THEY have to deal with problems. Poor samples, supplier issues? To me that sounds like lame excuses. But maybe I am just not naive enough?
      Last edited by E19463; 25 March 2015, 05:35 AM.

Comment

I've been using FTDNA since 2008 and I can assure you that I have had to wait, you are not the only one in the same boat but there are that few that are going to ****, moan and complain forever. But to openly state that they are going bankrupt is absurd.
        They may be lame excuses to you but perhaps they are legitimate. I assume they are under-staffed with a heavy workload. You will get your results.

Comment

I assume they are under-staffed with a heavy workload.
          Yes, they well may be unter-staffed. How comes? Not enough money to hire more employees? This is to me just one more sign FTDNA has to deal with financial problems.
          Like I said, maybe I am just not naive and indulgent enough to believe what FTDNA is telling me over and over again as these are just words but no deeds. Even if I get the results do you really think I will forget the time I had to wait? Honestly? No!
          I am resentful. For a very good reason. You just do not let people wait for that long. No excuses for that.
          Last edited by E19463; 25 March 2015, 06:02 AM.

Comment

As long as you make sure you're still on the radar. I call and get updates and they give them to me. I make sure there is no lack of communication and that my sample is moving along, however slow it seems. I am currently waiting on 3 kits and have delays. I come to the 'grumbles and gripes' to see what updates on other kits, not to complain about not getting my results when I want them, that always eventually come anyway. So far, FTDNA has not given me a legitimate excuse to to complain. The wait can be excruciating but, so it goes. Like I said earlier, a quality sample means more to me.
            I'm done with this, no more from me. Take care.

Comment

The wait can be excruciating but, so it goes.
              Yes, so it goes. This poor Lady for example is waiting since the year 2013! ==> http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37145
              Should I be glad that I am waiting only since 2014?
              Last edited by E19463; 25 March 2015, 06:24 AM.

Comment

My opinion.. also, they have to deal with poor samples that people send them.. just saying..

Poor samples? haha
                Now I wait Y-111 and fullmito. The same sample was successfully used for FF!

Comment

The wait can be excruciating...
                  For Carla: http://odrcomplaint.bbb.org/odrweb/p...essID=35001063
                  If you feel you have been excruciated enough.

Comment

Batch 607 Y-DNA

Originally posted by italianchulo View Post
                    Same here
                    I'm in the same position and it's driving me crazy.

Comment

Tomorrow!

The revised window for Y-chromosome testing results on Batch 607 starts April 22. The results will start pouring in tomorrow!

Comment

April 22nd - Early May

Waiting for all Y markers to come through. I had full mt done too, they came through two days early, which was a nice surprise (don't understand them much, but I'm only a beginner)
                        So roll on tomorrow!!

Comment

The window may start tomorrow but its 2 weeks wide and don't forget the last window was completely missed so this one can be as well.

Comment

kit 278167

YDNA 12-25

Ordered 01/23/2015 607
                            Batched 01/28/2015 607
                            Completed Pending 607

"Expected Date" 04/22/2015 - 05/06/2015

Comment

Y-67 Data In!

Last night my kit's Y-67 full data and matches appeared. Hooray! I hope everyone else's shows up very soon.

Comment

Still waiting,

My Y-DNA67 was submitted around the end of December 2014, I called and they said the lab is working the backlog. I asked if my sample was ok, he really couldn't give me an answer.

I then opened a ticket and received a reply that..
                                "Your test had been delayed again because 3 markers have failed testing due to poor sample quality. Re-testing is generally completed within 4-6 weeks barring further sample failure, though since very few markers are being re-run here, I would think that it should be closer to a 2-4 week window (not official as the official quote would be 4-6 weeks)."

The tech also offered to let me submit a new sample for free and without another 6 month delay. He assured me that the new sample would only help. I said sure, what's the difference now.

I wonder if they were ever planning on sending me notification of what the hold up was?

Comment

Working...
                                X