• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF Batch 607 just slipped a month

Was expected now.
    Now 4/1--4/15

Comment

Batch 605 mtDNA comes in today after batch delayed

Last week, was told this would not come in before the 25th March after deadline was changed from the 4th-11th March ...today my mtDNA comes through!!

Are the dates changing due to internal SLAs to make their stats look good? I'm glad I got my results but just a bit confused after the batch date changed last week and yet today the results come in within the original range. No wonder people are frustrated...

Comment

Are batches for FF and Y with the same batch number different? (different on when data comes in). I'm in batch 607 for a single Y snp ordered as an upgrade. It says estimated is 3/11-3/25, though i can see from other threads batch 606 for Y not in yet.

Comment

Tests

Lab Procedure

Batch

Expected

Notes

mtFull Sequence HVR1 607 03/11/2015 - 03/25/2015
          mtFull Sequence HVR2 607 03/11/2015 - 03/25/2015
          mtFull Sequence mtDNA Coding Region 607 03/11/2015 - 03/25/2015

I do not have anything yet

Comment

Batch 607, so near…yet so far

Am waiting for my results for 111 Y-DNA & mtFull sequence HVR1 & 2 and Coding Region.
            Was due this month, just checked and now due end of April, early May… shame, but at least have got some information!
            Also, I am totally new to this and really excited.

Comment

Batch 607 for my Y67 just slipped to 04/22/2015 - 05/06/2015

It was 3/11/2015 - 3/25/2015

Comment

We understand your frustration in not receiving your results as anticipated. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide you with reliable, accurate results. There are many possible reasons for your delay, such as our need to re-run your test or we need more sample.

- It may be helpful if they told you what the reason for the delay was, and not just possible reasons! What does it mean 'we need more sample'? I would have to send another kit back??

Comment

The message and even the delay itself seem to be automated and to bear little or no resemblance to the actual status of your kit ... more telling at this point are the lack of reported results for batch 603, 604, 605 ...

Comment

Yeah I know. It seems a little concerning and I totally understand there have been batches waiting a lot longer than this one....

Comment

My Batch 607 Y-DNA 67 delayed

Just like Seth, my message changed to 22 April-6 May window for results.

Comment

Originally posted by hazel_ion View Post
                        Tests

Lab Procedure

Batch

Expected

Notes

mtFull Sequence HVR1 607 03/11/2015 - 03/25/2015
                        mtFull Sequence HVR2 607 03/11/2015 - 03/25/2015
                        mtFull Sequence mtDNA Coding Region 607 03/11/2015 - 03/25/2015

I do not have anything yet
                        Have your FMS results come in yet or have the expected date been pushed out?

Comment

batch 607 Y-DNA

Originally posted by Javacat View Post
                          Just like Seth, my message changed to 22 April-6 May window for results.
                          Same here

Comment

My batch 608, Y:

04/29/2015 - 05/13/2015 We understand your frustration in not receiving your results as anticipated. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide you with reliable, accurate results. There are many possible reasons for your delay, such as our need to re-run your test or we need more sample.

And I see 22 April-6 May window for batch 607 results.

Today is 24th March.

It's very interesting why we have to wait whole month?

Comment

Originally posted by M123 View Post
                              My batch 608, Y:

04/29/2015 - 05/13/2015 We understand your frustration in not receiving your results as anticipated. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide you with reliable, accurate results. There are many possible reasons for your delay, such as our need to re-run your test or we need more sample.

And I see 22 April-6 May window for batch 607 results.

Today is 24th March.

It's very interesting why we have to wait whole month?
                              My guessing is that FTDNA has not enough money to buy enough ingredients from the supplier needed for all testings as FTDNA is coming within an inch of bankruptcy.
                              My experience is that any problem can be solved with enough money - and so I guess that only a lack of money can lead to reoccurring and long-lasting situations like this.
                              Last edited by E19463; 25 March 2015, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Genealogist, Debbie Kennett's blog Jan. 20, 2015 has the number of people tested at FamilyTree DNA as:

Family Tree DNA 565,000 (DK estimate)

Genographic Project: 705,343
                                (My understanding is that FTDNA processes the Genographic tests)

http://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/search/...y%20Tree%20DNA

I'll let you do the math re the income from 1.2 million people and give you another guess what the delay might possibly be from.

R

Comment

Working...
                                X