No announcement yet.

Poll/Survey about time frame/delayed results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have ordered 51 tests since 2009, almost all have come in before time. 30 odd of these have been in the past few months, varying from FF, mtFull, mtPlus, Y37-67-111 only 1 test is running behind that is markers 1-12 of Y111 test batch 592 for an 86yr old.

Comment

You should play the lottery!

Comment

51 tests?

Wow, that's a lot of tests. Do you do this professionally, or is that family and friends? I can't imagine all the good info one would get with 51 relatives. <envy>

Comment

I have no complaints about my FF test; it was batched on the
          )11th of Dec and I had results on the 30th (batch 600

My biggest gripe is that I am still waiting on Y37 results from Batch 595, which entered the lab on the 6th of November.

Comment

Originally posted by TeresaJill View Post
            Wow, that's a lot of tests. Do you do this professionally, or is that family and friends? I can't imagine all the good info one would get with 51 relatives. <envy>
            I have on average more than two tests for a relative. Sometimes it is just double checking the FTDNA results, say testing another sibling for mtDNA, but in general females get mtDNA and Family Finder tests, while males get Y-DNA and Family Finder, and possibly mtDNA and/or Big Y.

And only after five years, I came to a point that tests currently in the lab would definitely prove or disprove some relationships. That is regardless of the tests results

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Who wants to bet?

Given the experiences in this forum my bet is that the deadline (25th of February, see attachment) will again be void...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                By the way, in my opinion, the problem is not in waiting. The problem is that in general we do not know why the delay happened.
                • Is anything broken with the process? Rarely, but it does happen that processing of certain tests is halted due to some lab changes or improvements.

Occasionally we are getting, after the fact, a notification that the lab was upgraded and processing would resume.
                  _
                • Is lab overloaded? Sometimes, especially if huge discounts are offered or a sale lasts over an extended period of time.

I do not recall seeing any notification about delays due to capacity limits. However, those who monitor many kits and many tests might see delay patterns that can best be interpreted as the lab having a large backlog.
                  _
                • Does your test simply require a re-run (i.e. Quality Control requested a repeat of the entire test or a portion of the test)? Quite often. What does that mean in practical terms? For example, let's assume that a Big Y test takes approximately 7 weeks from start to completion. If it needs to be re-run, it would be another 7 weeks of waiting, and if it had failed for the second time it is 7 more weeks again, etc.

Unfortunately, due to (that is just my guess) a need for privacy and security FTDNA Support cannot access lab systems, so often it appears they are only guessing excuses appropriate for a particular client. How do we know? Well..., on more than one occasion a customer was told that re-runs exhausted his stored DNA, so FTDNA would be sending him another collection kit, and then within a couple of days instead of a postal delivery the test results are posted...

Good luck!

W. (Mr.)
                I ordered Y-DNA and mtDNA tests Dec. 2. I'm still waiting for the mtDNA -- dates keep moving, currently going into March. Y-DNA tests "only" took 2 months from the time the lab started processing. Original time given was a few weeks.

Perhaps they feel they have a unique product, people can't just get the same thing from the other few such companies, and that is why customer service and communication is not a priority.

Comment

I took a look at what is happening for my (admittedly small) project:
                  https://iowadnaproject.wordpress.com...a-lab-backlog/

Looks like individual SNP tests are getting the worst delays.

Comment

Originally posted by E19463 View Post
                    Given the experiences in this forum my bet is that the deadline (25th of February, see attachment) will again be void...
                    Like I said, again a deadline was ignored and a new deadline is set, now I should wait till March, the 11th...

Comment

Working...
                    X