How long for new SNP orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for new SNP orders?

What has been the recent experience of others?

I had to order a individual SNP for one that was a no call on BigY that I was sure I would be positive for (the individual came back positive after all)
    Time frame: Ordered 11/15. batched on 11/20, completed on 1/1 (so says the order history, although I had the results a few days prior)

I had the same SNP tested fo my brothers kit, order placed on January 2nd, batched 604 on January 8th - still showing as 1-4 weeks wait time.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the information on SNP timing.

I'd also heard, from somewhere, that they group the requests for a specific type or panel of SNP and do them together once they have enough to load those chips or that software onto the testing machines.

Comment

FGC10125 SNP 6-10 Weeks

Batched yesterday in Batch 610, estimated time 6-10 weeks. That's longer than a 67 STR test for Y-DNA.

It's counterintuitive to think that a single SNP test would be that much more involved than a 67- or 111-STR test on Y.

Clarification appreciated.

L.

Comment

SNP Timing

6-10 weeks? Yikes. I hope they are simply trying to manage your expectations.

I don't yet see any time estimate at all for my SNP order (CTS11722), which is also in Batch 610.

I'd actually be willing to pay to speed this up, but don't see that as an available option. Maybe, it is time to give Yseq a try.

Comment

Time Estimate

I now see that my estimate is 6-10 weeks as well. Ugh.

Comment

SNP wait times

Deep clade test (which tested for four snps) for me:
              ordered 6/08/2008
              completed 11/20/2008

Individual snp z76
              ordered 5/26/2012
              completed 6/9/2012

CTS6433 individual snp test
              ordered 4/26/2014
              completed 5/10/2014

In my experience it varies. The deep clade test supposedly had to be rerun several times. The two individual tests came back fast.

Comment

Switched Vendors

Although I have a single SNP test on order from ftdna, I decided to switch to Yseq.org for more SNPs. Given how slow FTDNA is these days, I figured it would be 2016 before I made any real progress. If and when the FTNA lab can ever get its act together, I might come back, but not until then. Others might consider the same - it is easy for a company to ignore complaints on blogs, but when their cash flow contracts, they will need to listen.

Comment

Someone in my Fant surname group has had a SNP on order since August.. I have called and tried to expedite it..

I just got an email regarding New G SNPS..

WHY are they pushing new SNPS if they cannot reconcile the old ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
                    Someone in my Fant surname group has had a SNP on order since August.. I have called and tried to expedite it..

I just got an email regarding New G SNPS..

WHY are they pushing new SNPS if they cannot reconcile the old ones?
                    I understood that the new panels would be done on the net new lab equipment, so the new panels are entirely unrelated to any other test.

Will FTDNA remove individual SNPs that are covered by the panels from the offer? A very good question...

W. (Mr.)

Comment

I had a single SNP result come in yesterday. Took just under 6 weeks since being batched.

Earl.

Comment

Working...
                      X