Batch 601

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch 601 as well

The next date goes up to March 11, I'm kind of already expecting a new date soon. At least I see we have lots of company and are not being singled out. Patience is not my forte'. I'm just so excited to see what I will find out.

Comment

Originally posted by phje View Post
      Is anyone still waiting on a test for mtFull Sequence in batch 601? I have one that has been delayed twice. I sent an inquiry via email to FTDNA on the 19th of February and have yet to hear from them.
      I received a response last Friday (3/6/2015). The sample apparently didn’t pass quality control, so I was told it will have to be rerun and take another 4-6 weeks. It looks like the "1 or 2 weeks" rerun estimate in the Learning Center is way off base.

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...nning-results/

Comment

Originally posted by phje View Post
        I received a response last Friday (3/6/2015). The sample apparently didn’t pass quality control, so I was told it will have to be rerun and take another 4-6 weeks. It looks like the "1 or 2 weeks" rerun estimate in the Learning Center is way off base.

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...nning-results/
        Interesting. So what's the holdup for the rest of us? Going to ask now...

Comment

There has been no reply to my inquiry, but I got an update today.

03/25/2015 - 04/08/2015

An increased demand for our testing has caused unexpected delays. We understand your frustration in not receiving your results as anticipated. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide you with reliable, accurate results.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please send me a private message and your email and help desk issue ID and I would be happy to look into it.

-Darren
            Family Tree DNA

Comment

601 y37 delay

Just thought I would pass this on since I've posted here before. I emailed the help desk three days ago and got this reply today:

"Thank you for contacting Family Tree DNA. Unfortunately, your sample failed to yield results for a portion of the Y-DNA test. It is currently re-running, and if it passes quality control, we expect results to be available in about 4-6 weeks. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work to yield accurate results from your sample."

So now I'm looking at 17 to 19 weeks from batching. Guess I'm one of those 10 to 15 percent they say have to be rerun. Frustrating! Part of my frustration is that I had to ask to find out what is going on. When they decided to rerun my sample, you would think they would have a system in place to notify me of the delay, rather than just do nothing until I complained. And it would really be nice to know just how may markers fail, ie. were there a lot of them, or only one or two? Is that too much to asked to have a better understanding of what is going on? I hate to bad month FTDNA, but it is like even with the delays, they are bring a lot of this on themselves by just not following up on what's happening.

Good luck to everyone else that's waiting and hope yours come through soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kchromy View Post
                Just thought I would pass this on since I've posted here before. I emailed the help desk three days ago and got this reply today:

"Thank you for contacting Family Tree DNA. Unfortunately, your sample failed to yield results for a portion of the Y-DNA test. It is currently re-running, and if it passes quality control, we expect results to be available in about 4-6 weeks. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work to yield accurate results from your sample."

So now I'm looking at 17 to 19 weeks from batching. Guess I'm one of those 10 to 15 percent they say have to be rerun. Frustrating! Part of my frustration is that I had to ask to find out what is going on. When they decided to rerun my sample, you would think they would have a system in place to notify me of the delay, rather than just do nothing until I complained. And it would really be nice to know just how may markers fail, ie. were there a lot of them, or only one or two? Is that too much to asked to have a better understanding of what is going on? I hate to bad month FTDNA, but it is like even with the delays, they are bring a lot of this on themselves by just not following up on what's happening.

Did you have testing done on your sample before the Y37 ie a Family Finder?

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                  Did you have testing done on your sample before the Y37 ie a Family Finder?
                  Nope. First test from that kit. In February I added a Mtdna test. It's in 608 I think. Looks like now it could beat the yDNA test.

Comment

I am in Batch 602 and had sent a message to customer service. I received the same message. It's funny how I had no problems when I did Y-37 and now that I have upgraded and they are having issues they blame it on the sample failing.

Comment

Originally posted by lsherer View Post
                      I am in Batch 602 and had sent a message to customer service. I received the same message. It's funny how I had no problems when I did Y-37 and now that I have upgraded and they are having issues they blame it on the sample failing.
                      From a kit, I am taking care of, Y-DNA67 and Family Finder tests were completed. The next test failed, and there is no more usable DNA. I have just today received a notice that a new collection kit had been delivered.

I agree that reporting progress of individual kits should be implemented by FTDNA, even if the updates were to be done only once a week.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                        From a kit, I am taking care of, Y-DNA67 and Family Finder tests were completed. The next test failed, and there is no more usable DNA. I have just today received a notice that a new collection kit had been delivered.

I agree that reporting progress of individual kits should be implemented by FTDNA, even if the updates were to be done only once a week.

W. (Mr.)
                        Sounds to me like they dropped the ball ....the vials and they broke

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                          Sounds to me like they dropped the ball ....the vials and they broke
                          Or there was a burglar and he stole all of the vials! Better we stop giving FTDNA more ideas for excuses!
                          Last edited by E19463; 13 March 2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Yay!

I got my results and a response from my inquiry about them being late. Apparently they had to re-run them. I turned out to be a I1a1a with a rare varient--T15184C. So maybe that's why??

Comment

Originally posted by IslaMel View Post
                              I got my results and a response from my inquiry about them being late. Apparently they had to re-run them. I turned out to be a I1a1a with a rare varient--T15184C. So maybe that's why??
                              So you think having a rare variant can cause delays? That may be well the reason also in my case as I am ethnically an Albanian.

Comment

That is verbatim the same response that I received in reply to my inquiry regarding a delayed mtFull Sequence in batch 601. The only difference is that I had also asked about an issue with a different kit and the reply to that question was interspersed with the above.

Comment

Working...
                                X