Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-matches not shown on Chromosome Browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-matches not shown on Chromosome Browser?

Tonight I looked at one of my kits. The x-matches DO NOT appear on the chromosome browser...the names appear and their autosomal too but NOTHING on the x chromosome? Any ideas why?????

In the chromosome browser, do you have the matching segment display threshold set to 5 cM? That's the default unless you are specifically looking at the list of x-DNA matches. Try lowering the matching segment threshold to 1 cM or 3 cM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katydid View Post
      In the chromosome browser, do you have the matching segment display threshold set to 5 cM? That's the default unless you are specifically looking at the list of x-DNA matches. Try lowering the matching segment threshold to 1 cM or 3 cM.
      none of mine are more then the 5cm
      not sure why they even show up

Comment

I'm not sure I'm following you...

Do you mean none of your x-matches have any x-chromosome segments shared with you that are more than 5 cM, so you don't understand why they are listed as x-matches? If so, that's because any person that already qualifies as an autosomal match and who shares at least 1 cM of xDNA with you will also be listed as an x-match.

Originally posted by hazel_ion View Post
        none of mine are more then the 5cm
        not sure why they even show up

Comment

Working...
        X