Question on upgrade when already batched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on upgrade when already batched

I am in batch 607 for my 67 marker test, results predicted to be coming in starting on 2/25. What would happen if I upgraded to 111 markers while batched? Do I stay in batch 607 or will they put me in a new batch at the end of the queue?

Thanks!

As far as I know (as a volunteer administrator), the orders are treated separately. A later order does not delay an earlier order.

Comment

That is correct, one test will not effect the other's original time frame.

-Darren
      Family Tree DNA

Comment

That is good that it does not delay the earlier order.

So, the new order would go in a new batch at the end of the queue?

Why not just replace the 67 marker order with the 111 marker order? Wouldn't that logically make more sense? It is not like that batch has been started yet. Am I missing something?

Or do they run the 67 test and then run a separate 111 test a month or so later?

Thanks,
        Pat

Comment

Originally posted by zen4life View Post
          That is good that it does not delay the earlier order.

So, the new order would go in a new batch at the end of the queue?

Why not just replace the 67 marker order with the 111 marker order? Wouldn't that logically make more sense? It is not like that batch has been started yet. Am I missing something?

Or do they run the 67 test and then run a separate 111 test a month or so later?

Thanks,
          Pat
          Yes, you will have another batch number (a later one) for the Y111 test. I have had a Family Finder (autosomal) test batched and added a Y test for the sample just a couple days after the autosomal test was batched. The new test is given a new batch number even if it's added only a couple days later.

Comment

Ah, OK. So the 111 marker test would go to the end of the queue, so to speak? Yikes, with the current FTDNA turn around times, really makes me think twice.

If it was treated like an update to the current batched order, then that would be excellent. Because, in effect, that is really what I want to do.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
            X